|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Our spacious remodeled home, over 3000 sq ft, provides luxurious accommodations on scenic Sodus Bay. We are a short 10 minute drive from the Sodus Point resort area that has a sandy beach, with life guard, on Lake Ontario. Sodus Point has numerous restaurants and bars that offer live entertainment and shopping and the Sodus Bay Heights golf course is a short 7 minute drive away.
The house has 3 levels which include a large private suite, a main living level, and a lower level. The private suite has it's own access, a small fully equipped kitchen, a bedroom with queen bed, private bath, sitting area with TV and adjacent private deck. The main living level has floor to ceiling windows overlooking Sodus Bay, 3 spacious bedrooms (all with queen size beds), 3 baths, a drive up to large fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, a dining room table that seats 12, a new large comfortable sectional, large 47" flat screen TV with DVD player and DVD library, and full size laundry room. Just outside the kitchen is a JennAir stainless steel grill for those who prefer to cook outside. A 32 foot deck spans the dining and living area and is accessed through sliding glass doors. The lower level, insulated for sound, has a large sectional, TV , queen bed and two twin beds as well as toys and games. This area is perfect on rainy days when teens or children need a place to get away from the adults.
The private pebble beach below has plenty of beach furniture and a fire pit for those who love to sit by the fire at night. We have a private 50 ft permanent dock if you wish to bring your boat and have 2 kayaks, a canoe, and paddle boat that are available for a small fee. Fishing is great right off the dock!
There is enough off-street parking in our driveway for 8 cars.
If a baby is included in your party, we have a full size crib with mattress and a highchair for your use.
Note left on refrigerator by Guest: Let me start by saying you have a beautiful home! We had an amazing time & our friends were raving about the accommodations and the view was spectacular! Thank you both for opening up your home to us for a getaway weekend! Our friends are already talking planning a week vacation next year! As we said when we got here, the pics on-line don't begin to do your home any justice! The book you have capturing the changes you have made is absolutely amazing. Thank you again for making our "mini" vacation one we will remember for many many years to come!
My extended family shared a week of togetherness in this amply sized home and had a wonderful time. We all enjoyed the beautiful view. Our fishermen, old and young, caught fish right off the dock. We spent days at the close by Sodus Point Beach making sand castles, swimming and playing on the playground. Captain B and First Mate Mary took us out on a tour of Sodus Bay and allowed our almost 3 year old to drive the boat. Memories were made in a beautiful and comfortable setting.
This is definitely a house with amazing views. The open kitchen, living room, dining area gave us plenty of room, even when there were 10 of in the house. The dining room table was spectacular, but we quickly covered it with the felt tablecloth to avoid any damage. As in my house, everyone wants to drop all their items on the table. The upstairs suite was great. I stayed up there alone and welcomed the privacy every morning. Very relaxing. Having three bedrooms and three bathrooms on the main level was also great. No waiting. The extra beds for teenagers came in handy in the lower level. I only went down there once actually. We gathered around the big tv in the main living area everynight to watch the Olympics. I would highly recommend this property. Nothing will disappoint. We rented a pantoon and also had room for my nephews boat. We all had a wonderful time. I would definitely go back. This house books quickly so don't wait.
What a wonderful house! We have been renting vacation properties every year for several years now, looking for that perfect place that's still within our budget. While this property is still not quite perfect for us, it's by far the closest we've come to it.
Here are the reasons it's not perfect for us:
1. Most of the homes we rent are pet friendly. Since this one isn't, we had to leave our cats behind.
2. While the house has air-conditioning, there isn't any in the bedrooms, or in the lower level where the grandchildren stayed. We were concerned about this fact, especially because we knew the week we'd be there was going to be in the 90's.
3. The amount of seaweed was high. This is quite common this time of year, especially with the extra warm weather we've been having, and the milder winter. Unfortunately, it's not fun to swim in, and we have a jet-boat. Seaweed is not a friend to jet-boats!
4. Only one full-sized refrigerator, plus a tiny apartment-sized, under-the-counter type in the upper level. With essentially 4 families coming together, and each bringing their own food, a second full-sized refrigerator would be nice.
You might ask why, then, did I still give it 5 stars? First let me address each of the line items above:
1. We set up auto feeders, and have a self-cleaning litter box. We live close enough that we could go home a couple of times to check in on the cats. We can also have other family or friends check in on them. This coupled with the fact that cats sleep most of the time, made it doable for both us and the cats.
2. With strategic placement of fans at the bedroom doorways, coupled with the ceiling fans, we were able to stay comfortable. The lower level would usually stay relatively cool, but with temperatures in the 90's, it got a little warm down there; however, even then, only one grandchild complained once that it was too hot down there. I think that's pretty good!
3. Fortunately there's a nice beach around 5 miles away for swimming. As far as enjoying the water at the property, we did float around on the floats we brought with us. Staying on top of the water this way allowed us to also enjoy it. As for our jet-boat,... while we did get seaweed caught in it a few times, we decided having one person swim the boat out a distance before we started it, wasn't too big a chore.
4. We used the refrigerator for everything except for our canned/bottled drinks. We used our coolers to keep these cold. My husband and I a
My husband was the one that found this property that suited everyone. He has been fishing in this area for many years and always wanted to spend a week with family up here. So he found a place that would fit everyone that could make it. And what a find! More than ample sleeping quarters; a huge living room and a kitchen that had everything that you could want. One daughter was practicing for a marathon - she was able to bike, swim and run all she wanted. Another daughter wanted to show her boys a special time, and just by chance, it was Pirate Weekend at the Renaissance Festival! You can imagine their reaction. Our son and daughter-in-law had been at the Jersey shore for a few days before and were so happy to find a place with r-o-o-m! They took advantage of the upstairs 'suite' so that their 3 year old could nap in a safe and quiet place...not to mention the ability for them to just relax on their own. So all in all, we had 6 adults and 5 kids, ages 3 - 13. You would have never known, except at dinner where we ALL could sit down together at the table that could have worked in a castle!! We discovered that is isn't just my husband and son that have an aptitude for fishing - the grandsons did very well too. They caught perch, bass, and almost landed a huge pike. They were on the lake tubing for hours. We had campfires with the whole gang and s'mores galore. And I saved the best for last - our morning visitor. Each morning between 6:45 and 7, we were treated to the company of a bald eagle; she would sit in the tree above the deck and stare at the water until.....she spotted breakfast and then swooped down to catch the first fish of the day. That alone was unforgettable. One of the best times we have ever had, and it isn't easy finding something for everyone. This place certainly fit us perfectly.
The house is even more beautiful and well equipped than the photos. The views of the bay are outstanding. We stayed for 7 days with 4 adults and 3 children and had plenty of room with 2 extra bedrooms we didn't even use. Each couple had their own floor with the kids in the basement. We brought our boat for fishing, tubing and sightseeing every day. The house was perfectly set up to relax, even on rainy or cold days. This house is equipped with everything we could have needed and is perfect if you don't want to pack a lot. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. All towels, sheets, detergents, games, books, magazines, cooking equipment, etc. are included. With the washer/dryer, all you have to bring is your personal items. Jim and Marji were very warm and welcoming and we would be very comfortable renting from them again. Thanks for a wonderful week!
We didn't think any week could top our first week we rented this home but to our surprise, this year's rental experience did just that. We have 6 kids (rented the home for 7 days), so finding a home large enough and suited for all of them ranging from age 4 to 16 is difficult, but this home delivers. The owners added WiFi to the home which was icing on the cake for our family. We already signed up for next year. Love the home and location, excellent, highly recommend this home.
Chimney Bluff's state Park 20 minutes away, 40 minutes from the Fingerlake wine region
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 13 2017 - Sep 30 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay