About the property
- Cabin3250 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
Cabin, 5 Bedrooms + Loft + Den, 4 Baths, (Sleeps 18)
Cross the bridge to this beautiful, custom-designed lake cabin complete with everything you need for a fun-filled north woods vacation, extended family gathering, sportsman’s outing or friends retreat any time of the year. Escape to Bear Point--a bridge-accessible 4+ acre secluded island on 1400 acre Little Boy Lake. The one-of-a-kind large cabin features a light and airy open plan with soaring cathedral ceilings, 2-story split-stone gas fireplace and huge windows—affording spectacular views of sunrises on the lake and wonderful light throughout the day. Private dock, sandy beach, a selection of watercraft and lots of nearby recreation make this a perfect choice for your getaway.
• Nestled among the cedars and basswood on the island’s highest point with southeast lake exposure; accessible via 340-foot engineered bridge
• Quality construction and materials: western red cedar finished and rough-hewn paneling, northern white cedar trim and trunk posts from the property
• Open design with lake views from every window
• Insulated throughout for quiet and energy efficiency
• Professional chef owner-designed kitchen with custom-built hickory cabinets
o Side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with filtered water and ice dispensing
o Gas range with standard and convection oven
o 2 coffee-makers
o Toaster and electric pizza oven
o Fully stocked dishes, glassware, utensils, pans
• Sleeps up to 18: 6 bedrooms: main floor King Suite with cathedral ceiling, 2 upper queen bedrooms
The 'Bear Den' is the lower level suite and has 2 double-bunks in 1 bedroom with a King Size bed in the second bedroom
Main level den with queen-size pull-out and sleeping loft with trundle-portable crib on main level and can be used in various rooms
• Interior features beautiful native cedar logs harvested from the land, wide plank center-cut Douglas Fir reclaimed floor, in-floor-heated tiled areas
• Central air
• Washer & dryer
• 16 x 16 deck with large table and gas grill
• Games and book library
• Complimentary S’more fixings and popcorn
• Free wi-fi and satellite TV
• Pet friendly, with air purification
The Lake and Property
• At edge of Chippewa National Forest and situated on one of the area’s finest lake chains, 1400-acre Little Boy Lake is spring-fed and crystal clear
• One of the state’s top 100 walleye lakes, also excellent for Muskie, northern pike, perch, crappies; fishing rods available for use
• Picnic table on platform and fire pit; lawn chairs
• Private dock and sandy beach with available watercraft: 20’ pontoon with oversized motor for tubing, paddle boat, canoe, kayak, motorized fishing boat, tube, bikes
• Gas and bait shop on lake at nearby Little Boy resort
• Expert fishing guide service available
• Many public access lakes in vicinity
• Fish house available for winter ice fishing
• Abundant wildlife—bald eagles, nesting loons, mallards and wood ducks, hummingbirds, owls, deer, otter, beaver, gray and red fox, blue herons, swans
• Wild raspberries; wild rice grows along the lakeshore
Local Area Attractions
• Longville is the turtle racing capital of the world – featuring turtle races every Wednesday June through August
• Festivals all summer long at nearby recreational centers – Longville, Nisswa, Walker, Brainerd, Crosby
• Golf within 5 miles; many fine courses nearby
• Many area trails for hiking, biking and mountain biking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling
• 4 miles to Longville—coffee shop, groceries, ice cream and pizza parlor, gas, bait shops, hardware, gift shops and boutiques
• 25 minutes to Walker and Leech Lake—water slide park, restaurants, boat charters
• 45 minutes to Nisswa and Pequot Lakes area
• 185 miles from Twin Cities (3-1/2 hours)
• 1 hour to Grand Rapids or Brainerd
• 1 hour to Itasca State Park-Mississippi River Headwaters
• 20 miles to Paul Bunyan state bike trail
Keywords: Private island with 4,000 feet of wilderness lakeshore and a modern housekeeping cabin with all the amenities-for more about Bear Point, go to our website
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 15, 2018
About Doug Oaks
My wife Paula and I vacationed with our family in the Longville area for 15 years before discovering this beautiful property on Little Boy Lake, our favorite lake in the area. I am a chef, and my wife is a physical education teacher, so we needed to keep both of our 'hobbies' in mind when building. lots of room for cooking and dining, as well as all the recreation that you could want from fishing, biking, golf, boating, canoeing, kayaking (Paula's favoite activity at the lake), and of course just relaxing on the deck with freinds and a glass of wine. It is our goal that you enjoy Bear Point as much as we do, and invite you to have as much fun and enjoyment on Little Boy Lake as we have discovered over the years since building the Cabin at Bear Point. Enjoy your virtual tour of Bear Point. Thanks for visiting! Doug & Paula Oaks
Doug Oaks purchased this Cabin in 2000
Why Doug Oaks chose Wabedo
Little Boy is a beautiful lake that is off the beaten trail and has a reputation as a quiet and secluded lake. It is private, yet only 5 minutes to town, with easy access to any necessities that you might require from bait and gas to restaurants and gift shops. You are about 90 minutes from Itasca State park, and the source of the Mississippi River.
What makes this Cabin unique
Rustic privacy with all the modern amenities is the best description of Bear Point Island. While enjoying the seclusion, you can feel secure in the fact that you are never more than a few minutes away from whatever you might need including, groceries, coffee shop, bait & tackle stores, boat & motor service, golf, movie theatre, state parks, and many other outdoor activities.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
It was beautiful and relaxing.
Out stay was wonderful. We had enough room for many different families to have their own space. We had a large gathering of people and the layout of the cabin was perfect for what we needed. I would definitely recommend this to others and consider it for another vacation. The owners and management were very accommodating and helpful to our needs.
Great Mini Getaway
Beautiful cabin and view. Thanks to Doug and Paula for being so lenient and friendly. Definitely recommend this place for those who wants to do a family get away.
Top-of-the-line vacation house
Having stayed at old lake resorts over the past 20 years, we wanted to "upgrade" to a better experience this year. Boy are we glad we did! We thought we might not like having 4 families in the same house, but we liked it better than separate cabins. We thought the design of the house was well thought out got large groups. The ladies of course went right to the kitchen and drooled over the modern conveniences such as the large fridge, gas range, large buffet serving area, large counter space, dish washer and ample room for many people to prepare the food. The men were immediately impressed with the taxidermy on the wall, the HUGE extra fridge downstairs and the "million-dollar view." We had 14 adults and 5 children and never felt cramped. We were pleasantly surprised that the TV room had a door on it, so it made another private bedroom for an adult couple. During the day, we had a fun time in the beach area and on the lake. The dock was large enough for 2 boats and the owner's pontoon boat. Almost every night we built fires in the very nice fire pit. They even provided chairs around the fire pit. Since the house was away from any city, we were able to see a million stars and even a few shooting stars while sitting on the dock. Another highlight was the Wednesday afternoon Turtle Races in Longville. In addition to turtle races, they had many fun carnival type games for the kids. I was marveling at the small town hospitality I was experiencing. Coming from a large city, I had never experienced anything like that. Doug and Felicia texted us every so often to make sure all our questions were answered and our stay was comfortable. Final tip: If you need a Sunday Bruch spot, we recommend Chase on the Lake in Walker (about 45 minutes away). We chose to pre-order from a catered menu that was served in a private room (the room was free since we purchased their catered food). However, next time we will choose the general Sunday Bruch that goes until 1PM. The restaurant was not too noisy or busy, so the main seating area would have been fine for us.
Spacious! Private! Relaxing!
We rented this private, lovely, spacious home, shaded property and pontoon for one week as a gift to our children, adult children and spouses, and grand children for a total of 20+ people! The description is accurate and it is more beautiful than the photos can show! The spacious floor plan and views of the outdoors allowed us to enjoy each other's company while still being able to see the activities outside in the yard and on the multi- level deck! This was a wonderful way to keep an eye on the children! For those who wanted some quiet time they simply took a walk down the long driveway, a journey onto the lake, or spent some time in the den (on the main floor, but away from the main living area). The yard provided ample space for volleyball, touch football, water games(hose available), obstacle course, yard games, and bonfires! The beach area had an extended shallow area with an adequate sandy area for us to build sand castles, have water wars, and water toy fun, and swimming for the little ones! We were able to catch and release small fish right from the dock and catch crawfish in the shallows near the dock! The older kids and adults enjoyed all that plus the hydro bike, canoeing, and swimming off the pontoon(ladder available)! All ages also hooked their lines in several panfish throughout the week! Refueling the boat, obtaining bait/tackle, a snacks was conviently available at a nearby resort on the lake! On the rainy day, we found plentiful games supplied and tv in the den to keep busy with! We also brought a game system to be used just for inclimate weather! Plenty of sleeping options, including bedrooms, futons, hide-a-bed, and air beds provided a welcome rest from the activities of the day! A well stocked kitchen allowed us 1st class meals and the two grills provided ample space for large group BBQ's! First time we've found a place with large cookware and prep/serving dishes! The owner and caretakers were courteous and prompt in communications and ready to make our stay enjoyable!
Excellent home for a big family getaway
We had a wonderful time with 25 people (little children included) and 3 dogs during Memorial Weekend. The house is much more beautiful in person than the pictures show. It was spacious and private so we didn't have to worry about bothering neighbors and the view is amazing. Communicating with Doug was very pleasant and so was the care taker. We ran out of supplies during our stay and the care taker was over right away. I highly recommend this place. The lake was super fun on the pontoon as well! We'd definitely will go back in the future. Thank you, Doug and Paula, for allowing us to rent out your beautiful home. It was a great experience!
Tournament Musky fishing lake, Minnesota top 100 Walleye lakes, great panfishing for kids,
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Cancellation Policy: ● 100% refund if reservation is cancelled at least 90 days prior to arrival date (process fees will apply). ● 50% of deposit may be non-refundable if cancellation is less than 90 days and more than 30 days prior to scheduled arrival. ● Deposit is completely non-refundable if cancellation is less than 31 days before arrival, unless the property is rented to another party for that same week. ● If landlord is able to rent the property for that week after your cancellation, 100% of the deposit will be refundable, less any fees or credit card charges. ● Any group over 18 people must be approved, and a $200.00 additional cleaning fee will be added to your second invoice.