120 square meter / 1400 square feet 2 Bedroom + large living room condo
- english, french, german, hungarian
About Anita Vasko
My family and I live near Philadelphia, USA. We love going back to our home country. We enjoy staying at our apartment and share it with our guests as well.
Anita Vasko purchased this Apartment in 2012
Why Anita Vasko chose District XI
We purchased this apartment because we love its location. We completely renovated it in 2012. The building is located in a quite residential area, yet close to public transportation, shops&restaurants and downtown.
What makes this Apartment unique
Great view from the balcony and walking distance to fabulous coffees, restaurants and shops.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Absolutely no smoking - penalty will apply!
Minimum age of primary renter:25
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
We love this apartment
Great location, very clean and well equipped!
Clean lovely apartment that was very kid friendly.
This is a lovely apartment in a great location. It was set up for a family and the kids had so much fun. Please note that the picture used on Home away site is not the Gellert Bathes, the Gallert Bathes are beautiful and only 2 min walk away.
Amazing views and convenient to many attractions to visit
We loved sitting out on the patio overlooking Gellért Baths and the Citadel. We could hop right on the trolley to take us to the many places we wanted to see. The caretaker was so helpful and responsive to our texts. We would definitely stay here again.
Wonderful stay in Budapest!
The location of this property can not be beat! Literally steps from the tram and easy grocery shopping and dining. A short walk across the street and you can enjoy the Gellert baths and spa. Gellert hill is a great hike to see the city with a wonderful view. There are lots of steps to walk in the apartment but if you pay attention to the description, you should know what to expect. The only issues that we encountered were some communication issues at check-in (no response for the first half hour at arrival, which caused some concern) and the dryer not working. Without this, I would have surely rated this a five star. After initial contact with the property manager, she was fantastic and very responsive. I would definitely return to this property for any multiple day trip to Budapest.
Dear James, Thank you again for choosing our flat for your stay in Budapest. I apologize for the inconvenience when communicating with our manager.
I will make sure that it will not happen again in the future.
We would be happy to host you again when you come to Budapest. Thank you!
tranquille in the heart of busy budapest
It was the fourth time and probably not the last to come back to this lovely flat. There is plenty of space, beautiful, clean rooms, stunning view on the gellért hill and lots of leisure possibilities close to you.It was definitely worth staying here once again
Perfect apartment for parents and three children under 10!
Anita and Kata are a great team with tremendous communication.
It’s a well-stocked apartment with a superb view, quiet, clean, and easy to get to.
The stairs are serious - 3x old stories = 6x modern US stories, but if you’re fit then it’s no concern (and if you’re not, you’ll be better off after a week of the climb).
We’d definitely stay again!
Thank you for writing this nice review.
We are hoping to have you again at our apartment in the future!
The most ideal location to visit Budapest.
The apartment is located in Buda, west side of the Danube, immediately next the Gellert Hotel & Spa on Gellert hill, which is listed on UNESCO`s world`s heritage list. This location is unique in Budapest, offering the clean air of the Buda hills, with opportunities for walking, hiking, playing on playgrounds, as well as a world renowned spa - and at the same time offering trendy restaurants around the corner and a short walk across the Freedom bridge to the shopping heart of Pest.
Suggested strolls from the apartment:
1. Sziklatemplom - Gellert Hill Cave Chapel: a very short walk heading up the hill, accessible even for the elderly. The cave chapel has an interesting history tied to wars & occupation.
2. Gardens & playgrounds of Gellert Hill: a large network of paved walkways will have you discover playgrounds, statues, and flower gardens
3. Citadella: for the ambitious - keep going up the hill, doesn't matter which path, as long as you keep going up you'll reach the Citadella, a fortress with a restaurant & the Hungarian statue of liberty. You will have astounding views of the city.
4. The Vasarcsarnok - or grand indoor market: walk across the Freedom Bridge to the grand 19th century indoor market - which is a great place to get authentic hungarian folk souvenirs (and food of course!)
5. Vaci Utca: from the market - cross the street, and continue on the walking / shopping street of Vaci Utca, and explore cafes, shops (and lots of tourists)
6. Dinner stroll: the well known Szeged restaurant is just down the street, with traditional hungarian dishes & live music / entertainment. Stroll up Bartok Bela blvd. to find many restaurants, including the recently renovated Hadic Coffee House, as well as great pastry shops & ice cream parlours.
7. Hop on the street car / trolley right in front of the Gellert Hotel, to access: the castle district (including the national museum, military museum, and Matyas cathedral), parliament, Margit island, St. Stephens basilique, and the Budapest synagogue (the largest in Europe).
For any help on transportation - just walk in and ask the friendly staff at the Gellert Hotel.
8 The Baths and Gellert Hotel Restaurant: after touring the city, nothing beats relaxing at the Gellert baths and spa right at your doorstep! Outdoors you'll find a large pool (with occasional tidal waves) as well as a hot thermal pool. Indoor are several hot and cold thermal baths, including the naturla sparkling water bath (all pools are thermal fed). Therapeutic massages are available. The best way to take advantage, is to purchase the combo packages: pool entry + buffet breakfast, pool + lunch, or pool + dinner - all at the Gellert hotel's terraced restaurant.