|Space||1,400 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Large & spacious apartment in the heart of Budapest with the most ideal location: 120 square meters / 1400 square feet on the top 3rd floor of a stand alone historic building, right next to the Gellert Hotel & Baths on the Buda side, at the bottom of the Gellert Hill. Totally renovated with new furnishings, modern kitchen, bathroom with washer / dryer, and fully air conditioned. Balcony looks onto the Gellert Baths and the Gellert Hill - with a beautiful scenic view. Large master bedroom, huge living room, and smaller 2nd bedroom. Convenient for 6 people (with 2 people sleeping in each room) although there's bedding for 8.
Please read our suggestions on local destinations, all walking distance. Nowhere else in Budapest can you be so centrally located, yet have a UNESCO world heritage baths / spas at your door with panoramic view of the Gellert hill. Walk up the hill to enjoy the gardens, playgrounds, and scenic views - acros the bridge to the Vaci utca shopping pedestrian street. And great dining is just around the corner! From the Gellert square trolley stop, the castle district, museums, churches are all easily accessible.
Apartment is on the 3rd floor - and the floors are high without an elevator: so it's not recommended for families with babies and baby carriages, nor to people who have difficulty with stairs. Parking in front of building on the street (metered during weekday working hours). Free parking another street up the hill. Guarded parking is also available right next to our building.
The apartment is spacious by most European standards. The terrace, the kitchen windows and the living room window all overlook the Gellert outdoor pools. At the bottom of the hill is a great Hungarian Restaurant with excellent traditional food. They also have a musical quartet some nights. We ate there 3 or four times in 9 days - unusual for us. In the neighborhood is a hummus cafe, the World of Bottled Beer Co. (try the draft brown or IPA), and more. Across the bridge is the main grocery/farmer's market and the Christmas Market a few blocks to the left. Up the hill to the right are more cafes, money exchanges, shops, a pharmacy & more pubs. All in all, a great location and roomy!
Beautiful and quiet appartement right next to the Hotel Gellert and Gellert Hill, 1 minute away from the Danube and Szabadsag Bridge. Nice, clean and spacious rooms, nice Cafés just a few walking minutes away. Picturesque view from the living room at Gellért Hill. We stayed here for the second time already this spring and will definitely return for a third stay.
This property was fantastic! Gorgeous view of the baths and the statue on the hill. Location quite central to everything but still very quiet. Very secure building, spacious, and all the necessary amenities. The staff were very responsive in booking and helping us as we arrived into the city. Would certainly stay here again
Great location. We had an amazing time! Kata the apartment manager was really helpful and nice. The apartment had everything we needed. It was a wonderful holiday!!!
Our family of 5 stayed at the apartment for 3 weeks. The apartment is spacious and comfortable, with a wonderful view of the Gellert baths and the Gellert hill above. The location is great, in terms of accessibility to the city. Public transportation, shopping and restaurants are all nearby. This was our second stay there, and this is our preferred place to stay when visiting Budapest. Highly recommended!
We loved our stay here!! Looked exactly like the pictures and in a great area. Quick walk to the metro, other sight seeing areas, and right next door to a bath house!! Owners were also very nice and helpful. We arrived earlier than anticipated and they accommodated us very quickly, even at their inconvenience. Definitely recommend anyone to stay here!!!
The most ideal location to visit Budapest.
The apartment is located in Buda, west side of the Danube, immediately next the Gellert Hotel & Spa on Gellert hill, which is listed on UNESCO`s world`s heritage list. This location is unique in Budapest, offering the clean air of the Buda hills, with opportunities for walking, hiking, playing on playgrounds, as well as a world renowned spa - and at the same time offering trendy restaurants around the corner and a short walk across the Freedom bridge to the shopping heart of Pest.
Suggested strolls from the apartment:
1. Sziklatemplom - Gellert Hill Cave Chapel: a very short walk heading up the hill, accessible even for the elderly. The cave chapel has an interesting history tied to wars & occupation.
2. Gardens & playgrounds of Gellert Hill: a large network of paved walkways will have you discover playgrounds, statues, and flower gardens
3. Citadella: for the ambitious - keep going up the hill, doesn't matter which path, as long as you keep going up you'll reach the Citadella, a fortress with a restaurant & the Hungarian statue of liberty. You will have astounding views of the city.
4. The Vasarcsarnok - or grand indoor market: walk across the Freedom Bridge to the grand 19th century indoor market - which is a great place to get authentic hungarian folk souvenirs (and food of course!)
5. Vaci Utca: from the market - cross the street, and continue on the walking / shopping street of Vaci Utca, and explore cafes, shops (and lots of tourists)
6. Dinner stroll: the well known Szeged restaurant is just down the street, with traditional hungarian dishes & live music / entertainment. Stroll up Bartok Bela blvd. to find many restaurants, including the recently renovated Hadic Coffee House, as well as great pastry shops & ice cream parlours.
7. Hop on the street car / trolley right in front of the Gellert Hotel, to access: the castle district (including the national museum, military museum, and Matyas cathedral), parliament, Margit island, St. Stephens basilique, and the Budapest synagogue (the largest in Europe).
For any help on transportation - just walk in and ask the friendly staff at the Gellert Hotel.
8 The Baths and Gellert Hotel Restaurant: after touring the city, nothing beats relaxing at the Gellert baths and spa right at your doorstep! Outdoors you'll find a large pool (with occasional tidal waves) as well as a hot thermal pool. Indoor are several hot and cold thermal baths, including the naturla sparkling water bath (all pools are thermal fed). Therapeutic massages are available. The best way to take advantage, is to purchase the combo packages: pool entry + buffet breakfast, pool + lunch, or pool + dinner - all at the Gellert hotel's terraced restaurant.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
Rates based on 5 persons (adults or children) - but contact us for a quote for less people. We're happy to rent the apartment to groups from 2 to 7 people.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.