|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
This tastefully decorated 2 bedroom one bath guest suite high in Sequoyah Hills, Oakland is a relaxing retreat while providing easy access to all the excitement the Bay Area is known and loved for. It's perfect alternative to expensive hotel rooms, providing a microwave and refrigerator but NO FULL KITCHEN. This location truly is in the center of all the action. The Bay Bridge to San Francisco is bout 15 mins away. Noted UC Berkeley Campus is less than 15 mins away via the hwy 13. Thriving Tech Industry of San Jose 'Silicon Valley' is about a 1/2 hour drive. Famed Napa Valley Winery's are close to 40 min away. Not to mention all that is virtually at your finger tips. Sequoyah Country Club, Chabot Regional Parks, Chabot Science and Space Observatory, and Oakland Hills Tennis Club all in the neighborhood! Popular neighborhood activities include golf, tennis, hiking, cycling and equestrian boarding. Historic and beautifully revitalized Lake Merritt & Downtown is just a few miles and is bubbling with events like a Saturday morning farmers market and a once a month local art street fair (Art Murmur) wich attract about 6,000 people. Shopping at Piedmont Ave and Montclair Village (5 min drive) offers whimsical choices including antiques, curiosities and quaint or trendy boutiques.
Your home is beautiful. I'm ready to enjoy a wonderful few days here. Thank you again for everything!
The owner stays above, walks on wooden floor with heavy boots. She speaks so loudly on the phone you cannot sleep. She is on speaker phone and yells. Her toilet is right above master bedroom and so it is a pain.
My son turned on the hair dryer and we lost power. The manager managed to tell the owner to reset the circuit breaker which is in the top floor. I was advised not to use the hair dryer when using heater or microwave wave. I came in at 1 am. It was raining and you need to walk down the stairs which are basically slippery wooden logs. The lighting is poor and when you carry a 40 pound suitcase, you can have an accident. ATT signal cannot be received in this house. and when I book Uber on wifi , they cannot call u back. Not recommended.
We were a party of four, and stayed at this property for 3 days early in September 2016. We made day trips into San Francisco from the house.
It is a well-kept house in a nice neighborhood of Oakland. The backyard is simply beautiful! The BART station is accessible at Oakland Coliseum , and driving into SF isn't too bad a drive either (depending on the traffic and the time you set off).
Overall, we had a really nice and peaceful stay at the property and would recommend it anyone traveling in the area.
No surprises and exactly as described. It was nicely furnished (and high quality)! We really enjoyed our stay.
We enjoyed our stay and found everything to be ready for us on arrival. This is a very affordable option in the bay area. The BART station was about a 15 minute drive away and made SF very accessible to us. The home is located in a very quiet and safe neighborhood which was very important to us. The apartment could use some patching in the walls and re-grouting in the bath but these are the only things we found fault with. The stairs, as others have mentioned are uneven but they are well lit so even coming back after dark it's not a big issue. Thank you Bosco and family for a nice stay.
I would give this property 3.5 stars if I could. Here is my list of pros and cons:
1. Owner was very responsive and polite when we had a problem.
2. Good value for your money.
3. Property was clean.
4. Property is in a good area and close to major highways.
5. Owner did a good job of providing supplies.
6. Deposit refund was very punctual.
7. Beds were comfortable.
1. The external stairs leading to the basement are tricky, particularly if they are wet and you are arriving at night (as we did). They are uneven (there is an earthquake fault line nearby) and we used a flashlight to supplement existing lighting.
2. Although the property was clean, there were some maintenance areas. In some places, the drywall needed to be patched. The built in soap dish in the bathtub was worn out and pretty gross.
3. The bedrooms had closets to hang things up but no shelving. A dresser in the master bedroom would be nice.
4. The owners make clear that there is not a full kitchen but do provide a microwave, toaster, and fridge. However there is no water source near the kitchen so we were washing our dishes in the bathtub.
5. We could not get cell phone reception (Sprint). Very unusual in a major metro area. Not the owner's fault, and they do provide free wifi and a landline.
Overall, I would recommend this property to others. Just be sure you understand the limitations.
Disappointing to get there at 9:30 PM and could find no glass or cup (glass, paper or plastic) to get a drink of water! No utensil to spread peanut butter. We knew there wasn't a full kitchen, but we did think we would not have to buy knives, glasses and coffee cups. We didn't need a can opener but you should bring one of those too...just in case!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
Rates are subject to change until confirmed.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.