Charming Direct Oceanfront Home. Looks like it's 'Straight out of Pottery Barn' - Crisp white linens. Bead board wainscot. Soft beach colors. And cool stone floors. Totally renovated in Aug 2012.
Located just 5 minutes from Historic Downtown St Augustine on the 'Best Section' of beach. Loads of activities within walking distance. No long catwalks. No Cars allowed. Just waves & powder white sand steps from your door (See Beach Overview below).
Please note prices have not been input yet for 2020. You can call me at 904.465.3852.
This is 2 bedrooms plus a queen sleeper sofa in the great room.
You will love the outdoor space. TWO Covered Lanais. One is Oceanfront for enjoying the View and Breeze . Great for Dinner or Lunch or just relaxing with a book. In the Rear is a Private Courtyard with Grill (gas or charcoal) and a second Dining area. Also Outdoor shower with hot and cold water. Beach Chairs and boogie boards.
Inside is the new 'open floor plan'. A central room with Kitchen, Living and Dining all in one. The BIG SCREEN TV comes with Comcast Cable plus a Streaming Video box for sharing You Tube Videos or Netflix (if you have an account) & FREE Wireless INTERNET. The sofa converts to a Queen Sleeper if you need more sleeping arrangements.
My favorite space is the 'conversation area'. A round table with 4 leather swivel chairs flanked by double windows. A perfect place for games, cards or just sitting around laughing and telling stories. We provide several games, but our family favorite is Rummikub. It is the rare game where you can actually make a difference depending on how creative you are and can be played by all ages from 6 to 96. I hope it will become a tradition for your family as well and you'll think back to your stay in St Augustine each time you play.
My favorite thing in the house is the Granite Counter top. It is a new 'Leather Finish'. You will see what I am talking about. Very different. And the Floors. They are a mat finished Marble. So soft and cool. We loved them so much we used it throughout the house, even on the Lanai.
The KITCHEN was renovated 2012. All Stainless Appliances, Smooth top Stove and a really quiet Dishwasher. There is a HUGE Gathering Island with Bar Stools where you will spend most of your time. Fully equipped with Pottery Barn dishes and glasses and all the Pots and Pans you will need to prepare gourmet meals. I hope it will inspire you to stay home and cook. You may save enough to stay another day. That’s one advantage of a Home vs a Hotel! So bring your cookbooks.
There is also a Third Dining Table inside (We want to give you options) plus 2 bedrooms and 2 baths.
The Bedrooms both have ocean views & 42' Flat Screen TVs. One is direct beachfront with 180 % view. The other has an 8 foot Picture window. Great to wake up to the sunrise. They can be breath taking.
Both Baths have Garden Tubs. They also have showers with classic subway tile surrounds and Furniture style vanities with stone vanities.
The Seaside Cottages provide all the Towels you will need (Bath & Beach). Beach Chairs & Boogie Boards. Shared Laundry. 2 Parking spots. And grassy space next door for Badminton or cartwheels.
Remember, if you need more space, or less, there are 4 Cottages to choose from:
Please checkout my other listings 997262, 997177,
or 3528116. I am also a Realtor.
Now to the Beach and why I call it the 'Best Beach'. You need to do your research here. There is a tremendous difference in the beaches and only 18 streets of what most people agree is the Best
BEST BEACH. There are 4 distinct Beaches in St Augustine. Be sure and find out “where” your beach house is located before you book. I believe this is the BEST section for 5 reason:
1. First is the SAND. The sand is like powder, not coarse ground up shells like Vilano to the north. This is the white powder you are looking for. Great for drip castles!
2. THE OCEAN IS RIGHT AT YOUR DOOR STEP. There is no long raised boardwalk like further south along Atlantic View with a 5 minute walk across the dunes to navigate with the cooler & chairs before you ever get to the water. Here the ocean and the VIEW is steps from your door. Be careful. There are some “beachfront” homes that are so “far from the beach” because of the sand dunes that you can hardly “see” the ocean.
3. There are NO CARS. This is a major distinction. Everything south of A Street has Cars. Imagine trying to play paddle ball or throwing football with cars continually passing by & having to be on constant baby alert. Not while you are on vacation!
4. The beach is WIDE with GREAT WAVES - Some beaches in Vilano to the north are narrow & steep, some even with rocks. The slope of the beach affects the waves. They break so close in you can't boogie board. The locals consider this the BEST SURFING around. There's a friendly Surf shop with lessons & rentals right down the street on 1st Lane if you have some adventurous ones. The rest will have plenty of fun with the boogie boards provided by Seaside Cottages free of charge.
5. The beach is within WALKING DISTANCE of loads of activities and restaurants. Many beaches both north and south are so isolated you have a long drive to get to anything. Not here. It is so nice to be able to walk over to a restaurant for breakfast or send the kids out for Ice Cream Cones. There is a park nearby with Tennis and a YMCA for swimming or workout. Even a funky BBQ restaurant with live music where you can have a drink and watch your little ones play in the POOL. But better yet is the Pier. Located within walking distance they have a new Splash Park the kids will love plus Beach Volleyball courts, pier fishing, a Farmers Market and Free Live Music Concerts. How wonderful is that?
So…… Please call if I can answer any questions day or night or visit my website with photos of every room and check out my You Tube Video.
I am so glad you decided to try a HOME vs a condo or hotel. There is such a difference. My hope is that you will come to think of us as 'your' second Home at the Beach and that it becomes a family tradition.
At your service,