|Space||4,200 sq. ft.|
|Property type||chateau / country house|
|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
Stay at The Jocassee Sanctuary. This spectacular, elegant yet comfortable 5 bedroom mountain lakefront home is on the pristine shores of Lake Jocassee. Considered the “Lake Tahoe of the East', the lake lies in the Jocassee Gorges, one of top 50 places National Geographic to visit in your lifetime. A place where family and friends come together!
The waters are clear and fish always stay!
• Wake up to breathtaking waterfront sunrises from the private balconies from all en-suite bedrooms and on all levels of the home.
• Share sunsets and good times with friends and family on the open, lake-front 830 square feet patio with outdoor fireplace. Covered patio allows outdoor play and entertaining no matter the weather;
• Family and friends can be together while helping to prepare meals in either of the 2 large kitchens or on the outdoor grill that rival even the finest restaurants;
• Private elevator access available to all floors (Call to get it pre-approved); A hillside tram runs from parking to dock makes this an ideal retreat for all ages.
Ski, jet ski or cruise the crystal waters of Lake Jocassee.
Discover waterfalls - (some just across from the house) swim, fish and water ski… or just relax with friends and family. Limited public access to the lake creates plenty of places to tube or learn water skiing without being overwhelmed by boats in this 75 acre lake. There are always things to do and places to explore from The Jocassee Sanctuary!
Play competitive miniature golf or horseshoes on the property!
Hike the Foothills Trail!
• Perfect for a one of a kind getaway with friends, family, or as a corporate retreat!
• More information, video and pictures available at thejocasseeclub.com
A FEW CONSIDERATIONS:
• No one under 35 years old is allowed to rent. Renting on behalf of guests less than 35 years old is strictly prohibited. The financially responsible party signing the rental agreement must be at least 35 years old, and must be an occupant of the house during the term of the agreement.
LIMIT - 10 occupants
• No pets, no smoking.
• No house parties. The Jocassee Sanctuary is in a pristine and quiet residential area. Please be mindful of our neighbors during your stay and understand that this home is not suitable for loud noise or parties.
• Incline Tram System/Lift that services the home will take you from the Parking lot to the Main level (called Whitewater Lodge) where you should enter upon arrival. The Lift has a 700-pound capacity. An adult must accompany anyone under the age of 18 to ride the Tram.
• Check-in & Check-out: Check-in is after 3PM on Friday. Check-out is by 10AM on Friday.
• Recommended Items to Bring: Groceries (the closest market in Cashiers, which is 16 miles away), paper products, laundry & dish detergent, firewood, floats/tubes/life vests for water lounging, fishing poles and fishing licenses. (*linens and towels are provided)
• Please limit trash. Trash Fee will apply for removal of excess (more than 7 large bags) or for un-bagged trash (trash bags are provided).
• Boat rental near and delivery available from Jocassee Outdoors Center
• Property is located in a gated and protected area managed by Duke Energy. Guests must arrive before 6pm on the first night before the gate closes. Once guest arrives at the house, there is a keycard available for use, that will give you 24hr gate access. Lost or missing keycard is $250 replacement fee.
Keywords: mountain home, lakefront home, estate, mountain retreat, lake retreat, 5 bedrooms
We also have our own home on Lake Jocassee for over 30 years. The lake is spectacular any time of the year. There are less than 40 houses on the lake, one boat access and more than 75 miles of shoreline. The Jocassee Sanctuary, Whitewater Lodge is now available for rental and also offered for Shared Sale o those who know the special magic surrounding Lake Jocassee. Lake Jocassee is known by some as the Lake Tahoe of the East. With its crystal clear waters surrounded by thousands of acres of State protected land.
Nowhere else that has the same magic as Lake Jocassee!
Whitewater Lodge of The Jocassee Club is one of those rare places that always seems to build a deeper connection between family, friends, and the natural world with each visit.
We have stayed here three times, its a beautiful house. The Kitchen needs some new pans so I would suggest to bring your own. The house needs a deep cleaning. The porch was dirty and not cleaned for awhile. Don't espect your deposit to be returned for more then a month. We rented June 7th, and still have not received our deposit back!
We had the best time and would recommend this property to others! The house was great for multiple families. Can't wait to go back!!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay...a gorgeous home which was also very comfortable. The tram was like an amusement ride for the grandchildren and a necessity for the adults. We kept coming back to the main level porch to enjoy the grill, the outdoor fire and splendid views of "Lake Tahoe of the East!!"
Fabulous stay for our family. Only issues were that the main fridge stopped working and was out for a few days and the water line turned off. The owners were quick to respond with the water issue. House is beautiful and well stocked. Overall a fantastic getaway!
I have traveled around the world and stayed in many beautiful places. I hesitate to write this review as I don't want anyone else to know the secret of Jocassee and the beautiful rental you have. My two daughters (3 and 10 years old) and my parents (75 and 80 years old) enjoyed every second of our stay.....and hated to leave. The beauty and tranquility of the lake is complemented by the grandeur and convenience of your home. I don't think I saw a more beautiful place to stay while we were there. My daughters and I were able to easily jet ski and enjoy every waterfall (and find a few others) from your home. They spent most days swimming and paddle boarding from your dock, with the fish.....
I'm already planning my next trip for the fall. Thank you for a wonderful stay!
The adult children/spouses, ages 21-43, picked out this house. We, the Lord and Queen, (ages 62 and 65) paid for everything. It is a beautiful house and land, but isolated, so we prepared! We had 10 adults... some drove and some flew in to GSP. The drivers packed food, so we never went out, but cooked all week. We are not gourmet cooks, but ate well and had fun doing it. The adults paired off to cook each night. We brought all food and it filled our sport wagon and one other car! Had lots left! Brought all wine and beer too. Rented a ski boat for 4 days from Ultimate Sports. We tubed, wake boarded, and cruised, including stopping to peak at some waterfalls. Lake Jocassee is stunning, and relatively warm, calm, and uncrowded. The kids want to return. We also, to my surprise, played the 9-hole putt putt course frequently and had all sorts of contests going. We watched old family videos 3 nights which the kids loved. In sum, we were there a week and loved it. We used the tram, but not much and loved the exercise. The kids did drive one day and hike to a huge waterfall. We didn't use the indoor elevator. The bedroom in the tower is smaller, but the Lord and Queen were totally in peace at 10 pm as the kids stayed up in the downstairs and gabbed on into the wee hours. The house had lots of rooms for couples so it fit our plan well. The dining table sat all of us and every room and all the decks have stunning views.
Tip: If this is your first visit, DO NOT ARRIVE AT DARK! Finding the house was a little tricky, and the road is safe enough during the day, but could be treacherous at night. You have to arrive through the Duke Energy gate before 6 pm. anyway. We never saw the house number posted at the street parking and the first arrivals drove past. There is a small sign that says Jocassee Club, with parking for 4-5 cars just to the left of the road, shortly after the putt putt course on the left. I do recommend the owners put "177 Fisher Knob" in big letters at the parking/road level.
This house and vacation spot met our expectations for ... a spectacular house, a remote, gorgeous area, to be a retreat for bringing all our family together across the country to reconnect. ( It wasn't too remote…there were nice neighbors, but it was quiet, and civilization is still only 30 minutes away)
Jocassee Gorges is one of the top 50 places to visit in the world as listed by National Geographic. This home lies in the Jocassee Gorges. Some of the plants and flora that exist here are not seen anywhere else in North America. Spectacular!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jan 6 2017 - May 25 2017
2 night minimum stay
May 26 2017 - Sep 4 2017
Changeover Day: Friday
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
Responsible party must be 35 years of age or older to rent this property. Elevator is limited for handicapped use and with adult supervision and must have owner approval before using. Sixty (60) Day Cancellation applies for both renter an owner (see contract for details). Administrative fee of $150 for cancellation any time after reservation.