About the property
- House2500 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
This high-style urban escape with stunning rooftop terrace will be your base in the Yucatán, where days of climbing Mayan ruins and swimming in the ocean come to a perfect end in Mérida’s restaurants and life-filled city squares, which are right outside your door. This art-filled, expertly-decorated home, which sleeps 6, includes a courtyard pool.
On the first floor, you’ll find the oversized living and dining rooms, the secluded courtyard with its pool and garden, and the master bedroom suite. Exotic hues, textures, furnishings, and art give the space an energy all its own.
Upstairs find two more bedrooms, plus the pièce de résistance - a rooftop terrace, or terracita. This is the heart of the house, a place for mixing cocktails behind the full-service bar, enjoying the cool breezes and gorgeous Yucatán sky, grilling some fresh-caught seafood, and gazing down at the city around you.
The colorful colonial kitchen can be stocked for your arrival, or ask the concierge to book a visit from our private chef. Casa Terracita has all the modern conveniences— flat panel TV, HD cable, WiFi, washer/dryer, and A/C in all the bedrooms.
WHY STAY WITH REMIXTO?
Your stay is professionally managed by Remixto. As our guest, you’re in great hands and will receive our Remixto star treatment, including:
- a friendly in-person welcome to get you settled in
- dedicated hotel-like concierge services at your fingertips, including airport pickups, in-house chefs services, private driving tours, and more.
- a treasure trove of recommendations for places to eat, sights to see and local characters to meet. We don’t recommend it unless we go there ourselves!
- hotel-quality soaps and shampoos because everyone deserves to feel special
We are Remixto, Merida’s premiere vacation home specialist. Our storied homes are thoughtfully well-appointed and hand-selected for their unique character and comforts.
1. The home is available for check in after 3pm. Check out is before 11am. Depending on availability of the home, we are happy to accommodate an early check-in.
2.- Reservations may be booked up until 11:00am local time on the day of check in. Reservations received after 11:00am local time may be subject to cancellation if they cannot be accommodated. The house will be ready up to six hours after a reservation confirmation has been received.
3. At check in, you will be required to provide a valid photo ID and sign our renters agreement outlining our terms and conditions. A copy of this will be forwarded to you upon request.
4. Guests are responsible for the electricity they consume. Electricity is metered per kWh and the meter will be read at check-in and check-out to determine usage. The cost per kWh is based on the rate assessed on the prior bill and is subject to change. For current rate info, please ask. For tenancies longer than 3 months, gas usage will also be payable by guest.
5. A credit card authorization using a valid Visa or MasterCard is required at check in. Charges will be made to the credit card unless payment is processed through another form.
6. For stays longer than one month, additional security deposit will be required. For stays longer than three months, the last month of rent will also be due at check in.
7. Complimentary maid service is included for reservations over 7 nights (1 maid service per week). Additional services are available upon request.
8. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the home.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 19, 2018
WELCOME HOME! We’re Remixto, a new way to experience Mexico. We create unique, immersive travel experiences that celebrate the diversity of Mexican life: the vibrant global energy of CDMX, the colonial and Mayan history of the Yucatán peninsula, the stunning beauty of the Gulf Coast and Riviera Maya. We believe real-world travel experiences shouldn’t have to skimp on luxuries. That’s why our one-of-kind vacation rental homes come with world-class amenities and personalized travel services that allow you escape, indulge, and explore the rich culture and history of the place we love to call home.
What makes this House unique
When you stay in a Remixto home, you get to experience history. We handpick every home for its unique, colonial charm and stock it with modern, first-rate amenities and handcrafted, local comforts. With the privacy that comes with every one of our colonial homes and our 24/7, customizable concierge services, you can truly relax and live just like you’re at home—except better. Want to immerse yourself in local culture? Whether you’re looking to wander through cobblestone streets and colonial buildings, indulge in authentic late-night street food, check out weekend flea markets, relax on the beach, or all of the above, our team of experts can help you discover the hidden gems of Mérida’s historic neighborhoods.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Not a Great Location/Not a Very Comfortable House
What the pictures don't reveal is that very little sunlight gets into the small central area where the pool is located. Subsequently the house has a rather damp/dank feel to it because there is so little light and almost no air moving through it. The pool light and filter were broken, and while the managers tried to tell us that it didn't really matter, it did matter. The pool had an oily skim across the surface and was not at all inviting. We were told that it was up to the owner as to whether or not the filter would be fixed. Apparently the owner said no.
Once we got oriented, the location of the house was workable. However, it is on a very run-down block, and you walk through many run-down blocks in order to get to restaurants and shops. I would recommend that any visitors going to Merida for the first time try to find a house in some proximity to Paseo de Montejo - a beautiful, tree-line boulevard with restaurants, museums, and shops.
The listing says that there is cleaning service once a week (for longer stays) and that towels and bed linens are provided. What the listing does not tell you is that you are expected to wash the towels and linens prior to the cleaners arriving. I have never encountered an expectation like this in all my years of renting houses for multi-week vacation stays.
The Remixto guys are very nice. The "Alice" concierge app, however, has problems, and in a couple of instances it took them more than 48 hours to respond to a question or request. The app shut down on two different occasions and any record of my communications with Remixto was lost. The app implies quick responses and quick services. That is not the case.
Perhaps the lesson here is to be a bit suspicious of the word "bohemian" in a house listing.
Masterpiece haven in the middle of Mérida
Everywhere you look in this place you can see the attention to detail. It’s a dream home with everything you need. Our driver had a hard time finding it because from the outside it doesn’t look like much, but you open the doors and your blown away from the beauty and tasteful design. You can walk to almost everything and Uber or taxis are about a $1
Rooftop deck was a great place to hang. I really loved everything about this place. I’m super picky and I highly recommend.
What a dream Casa Terracita was!! We were 3 couples traveling through the Yucatan and wished we had stayed in Merida longer because the city was fantastic, affordable, and a much better homebase than say Cancun or Tulum.. and Casa Terracita was PERFECT!!! Parking out front was easy, the neighborhood was quiet and safe, the beds were comfortable, the vibe was fantastic and the Remixto concierge was top notch - recognized that we were off the beaten path type travelers in our late 30s and made AMAZING recommendations for us of things to do and see. The roof deck was great for happy hour at sunset or catching a breeze and we didn't even use the AC in our rooms (in late Feb.) because the house felt so airy and cool. My only teeny complaint was that the pool light didn't work so it felt a little dark in the center of the home at night - but that's just me being nit picky. We will definitely return!!!
My husband and I stayed at this house with our 2 daughters for about a week and we loved it! The house is beautiful. The girls loved having their own rooms (they particularly enjoyed the hammocks) and had fun playing in the swimming pool every chance they got. It was within walking distance of the town center where there were a lot of fun activities going on over the weekend and restaurants we could try. It was nice having air conditioning in all the bedrooms after being in the heat all day, we all slept really well!
We felt really comfortable in this house. It was near downtown, and very easy to drive to and from the north part of the city as well.
A few issues with 2 of the 3 A/Cs, but Remixto's people were always ready to help with anything and fix it at any time. There was always someone there to talk to, it didn't matter if it was late at night.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
1. The home is available for check in after 3pm. Check out is before 11am. Depending on availability of the home, we are happy to accommodate an early check-in. 2. At check in, you will be required to sign our renters agreement outlining our terms and conditions. A copy of this will be forwarded to you upon request. 3. Guests are responsible for the electricity they consume. For tenancies longer than 3 months, gas usage will also be payable by guest. 4. For stays longer than one month, additional security deposit will be required. For stays longer than three months, the last month of rent will also be due at check in. 5. Complimentary maid service is included for reservations over 7 nights (1 maid service per week). Additional services are available upon request. 6. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the home.