|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
"New Pictures Coming Soon Following Renovations"
Gorgeous oceanfront views and a great location make “The Sand Trap” a place that you and your family will not want to leave. Ideally located in Shipwatch Condominiums at Wild Dunes, “The Sand Trap”, at 304 A Shipwatch, brings together some of the best golf in Charleston with amazing ocean front accommodations. The interior of “The Sand Trap” has had many recent improvements including an all new kitchen with granite counter tops and new cabinetry as well as upgraded bathrooms with new tile, cabinetry and fixtures. This winter (2016-2017) there are many additional upgrades planned including:
• All new deck furniture that will feature a marble-topped table with bar height chairs, perfect for the amazing oceanfront views.
• A unique and comfortable glider chair for the outside deck.
• New living room furnishings including a stylish sectional sofa, new side table, new chairs, new ottoman, new sideboard media cabinet, new lamps and a new 55 inch Samsung Smart Television.
• Beautiful new window treatments
• All new area rugs throughout the condominium.
• New bedding and lighting for the bedrooms.
• All new art work
• Many new extras like a Sonos Sound System and large model Keurig coffee maker.
These new additions will complement the beauty of the surroundings that are framed wonderfully with large windows in the living area and master bedroom that ensure you an excellent view of the ocean throughout most of the condominium. The master bedroom features a king bed with a private bath and direct access to the oceanfront balcony. The guest bedroom has two twin beds. This bedroom also features a private bath. The dining room has seating for four and additional seating for four at the bar.
Equaling the beauty of the “The Sand Trap” is a private swimming pool for guests staying at Shipwatch Condominiums. One of the largest on the Island, the swimming area features two pools. The beach at Shipwatch Condominiums is one of the widest on the Island allowing you plenty of room to dig your own sand trap. Finally, the world famous Wild Dunes Links Golf Course Proshop is only a long five par away from “The Sand Trap”.
A visit on the golf course to a sand trap might be a challenge, but a week vacation at “The Sand Trap” will be celebrated by your entire family!
FREE WI FI
Listed rates do not include additional taxes & fees for the stay.
Listed rates may not reflect any current specials and/or discounts available.
Please inquire for an exact and all inclusive quote.
For payment, we accept V/MC/AMEX/DISC.
35% deposit due at time of booking
65% balance due 45 days prior to arrival
Travel Insurance is available for an additional 7% of the total cost plus taxes.
Marcia, Front Desk Manager, Beachside Vacations
A true South Carolinian, Marcia is from Greenville SC and has been in the Charleston area for over 25 years! She began hospitality right out of college as the Front Desk night manager at the Waccamaw House in Litchfield, SC. She and her late husband, John, ran Sewee Coastal Methodist Retreat Center in Awendaw, on the Intercoastal waterway while raising their four children. Marcia joined the Beachside Team 2012.
1. Enjoys the peace and moss draped serenity of the walking trails in Palmetto Islands County Park. Palmetto Islands County Park is located in Mt. Pleasant and also offers the areas only water park in addition to miles of walking trails. 843-406-6950.
2. Walking the beach from Breaches’ Inlet to the opposite end of Sullivan’s Island at Charleston Harbor.
3. Sunset cruise on the Palmetto Breeze. The Palmetto Breeze is the ultimate sailing catamaran docked in Shem Creek. They offer dolphin sails, tours of the historic Charleston Harbor and sunset sails. 843-886-8133.
4. Kayaking the salt marshes and back creeks of the Intercoastal waterway . Coastal Expeditions offers tours from Isle of Palms Marina and Shem Creek 843-886-9590.
5. Favorite is BBQ shrimp at Acme Lowcountry Grill! Located on the Isle of Palms, Acme Lowcountry Grill is one of Beachside’s favorite recommendations. 843-886-3474.
Both, the condo and the overall property were well maintained and clean. Everyone was friendly, accommodating, and respectful. Beachside vacations knows their business. You have a great process that works. I am very impressed. It's great to do business with a company like yours. OUTSTANDING!!!!!
My husband, daughter (11) and I had a wonderful stay in this condo. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, the kitchen had all of the appliances/equipment we needed and the view was great. The sofa was large and comfortable enough for napping, the flat-screen TV was a decent size and there were even novels to borrow while we were there. The washer and dryer worked well, which is always a must when you're washing towels every day.
There were some minor things that didn't affect the quality of our stay, such as a wobbly table, a couple of small, unpatched holes in the master bath, and loose dressers drawers. I received a nice response from the management company after submitting my guest survey, so I'm assuming those issues will be taken care of. Wi-Fi was good only in the front, twin bedroom, and that was the only negative. Again, the rep from the management company said that they would look into the Wi-Fi; we did not call them about it during our stay and mostly used our cell phones or sat near the modem in the bedroom with our laptop/tablets if we needed to do serious work on the internet.
This was our second time staying at Shipwatch and our friends had other condos in the same complex, but different buildings. We all felt that ours was the nicest unit, and better than last year's, if you like clean, modern decor, which we do. We would definitely book this condo again.