|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Recently renovated apartment in the souterrain of our canal house dating from the 17th century, Amsterdam’s Golden Age. Along one of the three main canals, de Herengracht, this house has a unique location - everyone will agree - because of the wide views on two canals, both Herengracht and Blauwburgwal.
This stylish and comfortable guesthouse with private entrance and patio offers a spacious living room with dining table and fully equipped kitchen with some of the original 400 years old floortiles preserved.
The apartment has two bedrooms with double bed (140x200cm.), both with an en suite bathroom. One bedroom is located in the back of the basement. The other one on the groundfloor, connected to the apartment by internal stairs. Although the location is very central, you'll find out that you hardly won't hear anything from the streets in your bedrooms.
- modern decoration
- smart TV
- WiFi (free)
- external disk with approximately 100 movies
- coffee and tea included
- fully equipped kitchen
The place is very warm and furnished with an eye for detail, and perfectly suited for two couples, a family, two friends or business men/women to retreat and discover Amsterdam.
I like hosting in our guesthouse and so meeting wonderful people from all over the world.
As an Amsterdam born I love strolling around in this beautiful city of mine. Although it is a city, it often feels more like a small village: a friendly atmosphere, many, many bikers, narrow alleys and it's easy to feel at home, to feel like you're a local. I hope you will enjoy Mokum (that's the name of Amsterdam in slang) as much as I do.
Last 2 years, my wife Nancy and I have been renovating an old farmhouse in rural Portugal.
I have been working for 20 years in Human Resources.
Without exaggeration I can say that this is one of the most beautiful spots in town.
My wife Nancy and I were very lucky to obtain this property in which we are living with so much pleasure.
After re-foundation of the house, we have the basement converted into a guesthouse with all comfort that makes a stay enjoyable.
- super central location
- quiet and comfortable guesthouse
- modern with look & feel from the glorious past of 17th century Amsterdam
- suitable for 2 couples or a family travelling together. Two separate bedrooms & bathrooms
- private entrance
Absolutely amazing stay in Amsterdam. This place is perfect. Great decor, fab location. I would really recommend to come and stay here.
Loads of restaurants and bars on your doorstep - all were really nice and reasonable prices
Nancy and Synco were lovely hosts, very friendly
We would definitely return to stay here if we are ever in Amsterdam .... Thank you :-)
- Around the corner from the Herenstraat and Prinsenstraat, shopping with designer clothing stores, small shops and many restaurants and cafes.
- All sights like the Anne Frank house, Dam square, the Jordaan area and all museums are within walking or cycling distance, so you won't spend a fortune on public transport.
- Every Saturday there is a market at the Lindengracht and a farmers market with organic food at the Noordermarkt (5 minutes walk from the guesthouse).
- To Central Station is 6 minutes walk.
- Public transport, tram and bus lines:
Nieuwezijds Kolk 1 minute
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
-> 195 Euro per night for the apartment with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (max. 4 guests). One week 1250 Euro. Minimum stay is 2 nights.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: