|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Located about an hour South of Houston, the Bahama Mama offers the ultimate retreat for those seeking to get away from it all to enjoy a spectacular time at the beach. The House has an extended deck with nice views of the ocean, and the inside is very nicely furnished with the vacationing family in mind. The beach is a few steps away and offers endless possibilities for fun regardless of the season. Surfside Beach was recently voted as best Gulf Coast beach town by readers of Gulfscapes magazine. Surside is steeped in history and is home to the famous Fort Velasco, and is the location where the first battle prior to the war for Texas Independence was fought.
Keywords: Beach House
Love the beach - fishing, swimming, surfing...
Lina or TK purchased this house in 2010
Surfside Beach is family friendly and the beach is beautiful
Relaxing time at the beach swimming, fishing, collecting seashells with the kids...
Bahama Mama was a great spot for a family vacation. Adults, young and old children all enjoyed the easy access to the calm gulf waters. The house is in a great location too! Nothing on the left of you and only a few houses around you. I most enjoyed sitting on the deck and enjoying the view. I highly recommend it.
Great place to slip away and relax. Our stay was everything we hoped for and more. We will definitely be coming back for another stay.
Overall a great experience at this beach house. A few nitpicks (see below) but would stay here again.
- Super close location - quick walk to the beach, easy to get back and forth (important when you have kids)
- Great/huge patio with a view of the ocean
- Great for two families with kids (kid room has 3 separate beds)
- Kitchen had everything we needed to cook all meals
- Surfside is a great beach - very clean (for the Gulf)
- You have to bring your own bath towels (to be fair, towels are not mentioned as provided but that seems like an easy thing to provide and I've never had it not offered at VRBO location before)
- Tap water is not drinkable (this is a Surfside Beach issue but still, annoying to bring in drinking water)
- Blinds in the master bedroom are broken and do not close
- My fault, but I thought this was on the last row of houses (that is, it faced the beach). From one picture, you can see that's not true, as there is a house in front of it. Not a big deal, just was surprised.
The house was beautiful, and well kept. My family and I truly felt at home away from home! The location is also great...close to the beach and stores in the surrounding area.
Well kept, clean, well furnished. Owner was personable and readily available to answer questions.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
|Cleaning Fee||$100 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
Rates subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Minimum age for renting is 25. No Proms, Graduation parties, Bachelor parties, or Birthday parties allowed.
Holidays will incur additional charge depending on number of days reserved and guest count. Submit inquiry t get exact quote. Thanks!
The additional guest fee is reduced if booking more than 4 nights.. submit inquiry for exact quote please.
Minimum of 3 nights during summer and holidays.
4th of July Holiday fee is $300 additional
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.