|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Royal Shell Vacations offers privacy and a carefree atmosphere at the Shorewood. This beachfront paradise boasts three-bedrooms, three-baths and a spacious floor plan. Spend your tropical island vacation relaxing by the heated swimming pool, playing a game of tennis or strolling the boardwalk to the beautiful Sanibel beaches. Be sure to take a short walk to the beach where you’ll find hundreds of beautiful shells.
Three-bedrooms, Three-baths (1 King, 4 Twins) Amenities: Community Swimming Pool, Tennis Courts, Boardwalk to the Beach, Beach Front, Full-size Kitchen, Washer/Dryer, Screened Lanai, Magnificent Views, Great Location, Internet Access
Location: Sanibel View: Gulf View
Minimum Night Requirements: 7 , Saturday to Saturday
I was leery of staying here, based on the reviews, but we had the best experience staying at this wonderful condo. It has the most fantastic view of the water. We saw dolphins in the early morning hours past the sandbar. The furnishings were gorgeous! Loved the sectional in the living room, chairs in the dining room. The beds in the guest rooms left a little to be desired, but it was definitely tolerable! We had ample bathroom space (3 full)! We never had any problem with the air. It worked too well at times :). The condo is HUGE! It was perfect for the 6 of us staying there. The grounds were well maintained, pool was lovely and it was a very short walk to the beach. If I could own this condo, I would!! Loved it and would stay there again!!
The complex itself is very clean and the grounds and pool are well maintained. Very short walk to the beach. This was not our first stay in Sanibel but was our first stay at this complex. While it was nice (pros) we likely would not stay here again (cons).
- Great views especially from the rooftop!
- In the garage if you can get around the junk car parked in there, there are beach chairs and toys. In the unit there are plenty of beach towels, beach chair and some beach toys.
- The pool is small but very clean and pristine.
- Very very quiet location and place to stay.
- Nice floor plan
- If you like to drip in sweat when you sleep, this is the unit for you. The air conditioning is awful. I’ve lived in Florida before so I know all about ‘it can only get so cool’. We had maintenance come out and everything. The living room gets cool but not the bedrooms. With the premium price charged for this unit and it being on the top, when you set the temperature to 70 you should expect the bedrooms to be 70 degrees not 74 and upwards at night.
- The twin beds in the bedrooms (2 twin beds in the other 2 bedrooms) were shameful. Literally like sleeping on cardboard boxes. They were so bad that a family member had to sleep on the couch.
- The WIFI is pathetic. It shouldn’t even be noted its offered. We tried rebooting the router – it didn’t help.
- There is no door to the master bathroom. It’s not pleasant to look over from the bed and see your partner on the toilet.
- The complex had nowhere for bicycle parking. This completely shocked us since that is one of the greatest things about Sanibel-the bicycling. The property needs to provide bike racks. I write this as a negative in the review for the unit because there is a garage to the unit that is not usable because there is an old car parked in the garage leaving nowhere to put a bicycle.
- Parking is limited at the complex because it is so small. See point above. With a three bedroom unit it should be expected there may be two vehicles staying at the unit. There is only guaranteed parking for one and there are only three covered ‘free spots’. See point above about garage having a junked car parked in it while the other three units could use their garage.
- There are no grills on the property anywhere.
- The unit is overpriced in general compared to others of similar view and accommodations.
- Décor is weird eastern type stuff. Beachy décor at the beach is needed.
Shorewood is old, tired, in need of a paint job. 3a has years of accumulated dirt and deferred maintenance. Ceiling fan blades are filthy. Wireless signal is two bars, max...basically, no internet. Sound system doesn't accommodate iPods. Closets full of owners stuff...no room for your food in kitchen (though cleaning crew did come and clear out a shelf for us.). Years of accumulated dust and grime, particularly gross around the baseboards and the window and sliding glass door tracks. Cobwebs around all the windows. Twin beds super uncomfortable...squeak when shift in bed). Big crumbling patch on rooftop floor, along with the broken down lounge chair that someone threw onto the roof and left to rot. Bathrooms, while updated, have mold in the grout. I could go on, but you should have the point by now.