About the property
- Apartment807 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 5 nights
2 bedrooms, 1 fbathroom, 1 lounge, 1 kitchen, terrace, sleeps 5-6 people
Contemporary design meets classic London in this newly-renovated period flat situated in the heart of the lively and desirable area of Angel, Islington, N1. This city retreat is just a stone’s throw away from London’s nightlife, theatre and restaurants, and minutes away from London’s best attractions, giving you the perfect base from which to begin your authentic London experience. Clean, comfortable and equipped with all the amenities you need, plus impeccable service, the apartment is ideal for families, leisure or business travellers.
As my guest you will enjoy superb service and a smooth check-in. We arrange a suitable time beforehand based on your flight times and then wait for you inside the apartment to welcome you. We give you 2 sets of keys and show you around the apartment.
We are available to assist you promptly before, during and after your stay and the apartment also comes with complete instruction manual with pictures and detailed instructions for everything you may need.
This exceptional 2 bedrooms property will ensure your stay is comfortable, convenient and memorable.
• A master bedroom with a king-size bed, comfortable mattress and down pillows and bedding.
• A second bedroom with a single bed- extendable into a double, comfortable mattress and down pillows and bedding.
• The living room, ideal for a couple and for 2 children, with a sofa-bed and 1-2 single beds- luxury blow up beds
• A baby crib and high chair can also be offered.
• A fully-equipped, modern kitchen complete with every appliance and utensil you need, including a blender, Juicer and complete food processor; oven and hob, microwave; and the latest Nespresso coffee machine with a selection of flavour capsules. Dishwasher and washing machine as well
• A bathroom with a bath and shower, fresh towels, a hairdryer and a selection of luxury soaps and shampoos from The Body Shop.
• A huge living and dining area
• A terrace outside where you can sit out and enjoy your morning Nespresso, under the shade or in the open part in the sun
• The dinner table, with chairs and stylish extra stools, means cooking and eating a delicious meal for your family or friends is easy and enjoyable – whether you’re fixing a quick bite before heading out or celebrating with a full course dinner.
• High speed broadband internet/Wi-Fi with 3 backup connections - ensures you stay connected throughout your trip – great news for our business travellers. A courtesy UK mobile phone is also provided for your use during your stay and we have power adaptors and USB charging stations throughout the apartment.
• The entertainment system comes with a 42-inch plasma TV, cable TV, a Blu-Ray and DVD player, an iPod docking station with speakers and a PlayStation PS3 console with a selection of games, keeping you (and especially the kids) occupied on rainy or tired days.
• Central heating with digital easy-to-us controls (and there’s no AC and no need for it in London)
• A handy instruction manual for every detail of your stay, plus a friendly, helpful service from myself (the owner) and my team, who offer great multilingual communication and support.
Make the most of everything this exciting city has to offer without compromising on sleep and relaxation. This apartment is located on a substantially quieter block than the rest of this busy area. The bedrooms are at the back of the property, with blackout curtains, double glazed windows and the latest memory foam mattresses, all dressed in luxurious all-year cotton duvets, with 2 pillows per guest.
A baby crib and high chair can also be offered.
LOCATION AND TRANSPORT
Angel is an eclectic neighbourhood, famous for its nightlife and collection of iconic local pubs, stylish cocktails bars, renowned international restaurants and upmarket, boutique shopping. One of the most in-demand places to live in London, this safe and eco-friendly neighbourhood is also popular with celebrities – Emma Watson, Boris Johnson, James McAvoy, Colin Firth and Lily Allen are all famous faces that have called this vibrant area home in the last few years.
Yet despite it’s amazing reputation and convenient Zone 1 location, the area still has a relaxed, trendy atmosphere. Angel is frequented by local Londoners, with fewer tourists, so you can enjoy an authentic London experience with the luxury of being close to London’s attractions if you wish to explore the city.
The apartment is extremely close to many restaurants, shops, supermarkets and ATMs.
• There are 10 coffee shops within 20 metres
• There is a shopping centre 100 metres away
• There are 3 supermarkets within 50 metres
• There is a 24/7 convenience store just next door
The apartment is located on Upper Street, an extremely accessible location for all of Central London, North, South, East or West and with unbeatable transport links.
Angel tube station and Highbury-Islington tube station are both 5 minutes walk away and there is a bus stop right outside the apartment. You can even rent bicycles from automatic stations nearby.
There is public (pay and display) parking for your car, should you chose to drive into London. You can park on the street, or a nearby indoor carpark. However, we recommend public transport instead, as it’s far easier and quicker to explore London in this way.
• Oxford Street (15 minutes)
• Camden Lock Market (20 minutes)
• Regent’s Park (20 minutes)
• British Museum (20 minutes)
• Old Street and Silicone Roundabout (10 minutes)
• St Paul’s Cathedral (20 minutes)
• Shoreditch (15 minutes)
• Westminster (30 minutes)
• West End (30 minutes)
• Southbank (30 minutes)
Getting to the apartment from the airport is easy using public transport (tube, train or bus) but it’s more economical to hire a private taxi if you have a lot of luggage or many guests. I will give you the information to book this.
Our local recommendations
• Walk down to the Turkish restaurant next door for a mix-grill or Turkish breakfast; or even a full English breakfast at the Workers Café with some real London people.
• Have brunch at Ottolenghi, the flagship branch of the world-famous restaurant and patisserie. The cosy venue is minutes from the apartment, where you can enjoy incredible French toast, brownies, smoked salmon breakfasts and colourful salads.
• Enjoy a cocktail and fine dining at Hoxley & Porter, or a traditional pint at the Hope & Anchor pub.
• Buy your groceries from one of the exceptional London supermarkets or organic food stores such as Planet Organic, Waitrose or Marks & Spencer’s.
• The Blow Bar is a must-visit if you’re going somewhere special on your London visit. This boutique hair bar will wash, blow dry and style your hair in just 30 minutes.
• Diverse is a beautiful clothing boutique loved by local fashionistas where you can buy the latest chic pieces from Diane von Furstenberg, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Isabel Marant and See by Chloe.
• See a live gig at Union Chapel, a beautiful Grade II listed church that has been converted into an unbeatable live music venue.
• Family-friendly attractions in the area include the Geffrye Museum and it’s splendid Kid’s Zone, the V&A Museum of Childhood, London Zoo and an abundance of parks and outdoor spaces such as Highbury Fields, Victoria Park, Regent’s Park and London Fields. The cafes in the area also welcome families.
• Other places to visit nearby include the Dickens Museum, Camden Market, St Paul’s Cathedral, The Crystal Maze, Emirates Stadium, Spitalfields Market, Brick Lane and much more.
You can see the location map here on the website, with the precise location.
The full address will be sent to you with your booking information, along with all contacts, arrival instructions, and apartment guide and detailed transport information.
BOOKING AND PRACTICAL INFORMATION
The apartment consists of a 1st floor of a renovated period building, accessed by stairs. Entry is via an intercom with buzzer for security, all doors have two locks.
It can be rented for short stays from 2-3 nights, with discounts for stays of 6 nights or more. This discount increases for 12 nights or more, and bookings can be made for stays of 2-3 months. The price is inclusive of all utility charges and taxes, with no surprise extras.
All bedding, sheets, and towels are provided, with checkout cleaning and laundry also included. Should you wish to do laundry during your stay, there is a washing machine in the apartment.
This flat is managed by a professional support team who consistently provide outstanding customer care. The multilingual team speak English, Italian, French, Portuguese and Spanish, to answer all your questions and needs.
We have a housekeeping and maintenance team to ensure that your flat will be spotlessly clean upon arrival. Our housekeeping service is always eco-friendly, using only environmentally-safe cleaning products.
We welcome children, under adult supervision.
For your convenience we will meet you at the apartment on arrival so you don’t have to go to an office to collect keys. We will provide you with 2 sets of keys and all the information you will need for your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to London!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french, spanish, portuguese, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 13, 2018
Originally from Southern Europe, and now living in London, i strive to make my properties the most accommodating in this city. My team is international and super dedicated and demanding professionals from housekeeping to maintenance and guest managers. As a seasoned traveler myself, i understand the importance of the comfort of home as well as an adventurous experience in a new city. I combine both of these to ensure a positive, memorable experience for all of my guests. I enjoy traveling, great food, and vibrant atmospheres and want to share that with others through our property locations. These locations are all minutes away from my friends and my favorite restaurants, bars, and shopping areas. We really love it here and know you will too! I look forward to welcoming you to my city! My team and I are in search of art, inspiration and excellent properties to design and convert residential homes to perfect vacation homes. Get in touch if you have a 2 bedroom apartment in Central London, and want to benefit from our service, get free property management and free maintenance. Cheers from London, Paul
Paul purchased this Apartment in 2008
Why Paul chose St. Mary's
One of our favourite one bedroom flats. Great feel due to ample space and furnishings, plus a roof terrace. Clean and comfortable Amazing cafes, shops and restaurants, all on your doorstep, and transport to everywhere, even Eurostar to get to Paris!
What makes this Apartment unique
A super-spacious flat, an inspiring space, with a great roof terrace, where there's covered area and open area. 3 WIFI connections in the building for business travelers. NO NEED to go to an office to pick up apartment keys. Our friendly guest manager will be waiting for you at the apartment.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:30 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great place to stay!
We had a wonderful time in the flat which is just as described. It is also quiet and you have everything you need to feel home. The area is lively and full of nice restaurants and bars. The tube is nearby. The center of London is about 20 min from the flat's door. I strongly recommend this flat and would definitely love to return there during my next visit in London!
Thank you so much for staying with us Alice, great guest! We are so glad you loved the apartment and made your stay all the more enjoyable and memorable. We are glad you found it very clean and comfortable and fully equipped with everything you needed along with being very accessible in the great location of Angel with many restaurants, cafes and shops right at your doorstep. We would love to have you back again in the future when you are visiting London again.
Splendid apartment with outdoors space
Amazing location and fresh and clean interiors
Perfect London base for 3 moths
My husband and I lived in this flat for three months for my grad school program. We found it to be the perfect base for our adventures. The location truly can't be beat - we still haven't managed to visit every restaurant and cafe nearby that we'd like to. Paulo and his team were great to work with and were very responsive to anything we asked about. My favorite thing about this flat is how much like home it felt. We are very sad to leave!
This was our second stay at Paul's place and I have to say I can't fault it.
The apartment is in a great neighborhood, and incredibly well connected on public transport so you can easily travel to many sightseeing destinations.
There are many great bars and restaurants very close to the apartment, or if you prefer a night in, the apartment has all the cooking equipment you would need plus there is also a tv, DVD and xbox for entertainment.
We traveled with our young son and the apartment came equipped with a cot and high chair which was great.
We'll be back in the future I am sure.
Lovely flat in a wonderful neighborhood
Beautiful, spacious flat in the wonderful Islington neighborhood and surprisingly quiet given the bustle outside. Close to two tube stops. Well-maintained, and owner very easy to work with. Only consideration is that there are multiple flights of stairs, so if stairs are a problem, this will not be a good flat for you. For everyone else, this is an outstanding choice.
Thank you for your 5 starts review. My team and I do our best to maintain and service our guests and apartments. The stairs are normal in central London and are presented in the advert and with pictures for transparency as we do with everything.
My 13 year old son, husband and myself stayed at this property for 3 nights last week. Actually, we rented this apartment but then Paulo, the manager, contacted us before our arrival and upgraded us to his 2 bedroom apartment in the same building. Awesome! The whole booking process easy and Paulo very accessable, responding to my emails within hours. All information given about the property is exactly as we found it. The beds were amazingly comfortable, loved the Nespresso machine and washing machine and the location was perfect. So many shops and restaurants on this street you won't know how to pick. Don't miss Kili's Restaurant on Theberton St. Our waiter, Roberto, was fabulous! Also, loved Fox On The Green.
We booked for 4 nights but had to leave after 3. Even so, we still felt like we got a great deal. Paulo's agent met us when we arrived and explained everything in the apartment to us. Check out was effortless. Will definitely stay here again!
Thank you so much for staying with us, great guest. We are so glad you loved the apartment and made your stay all the more enjoyable and memorable. We are glad you found it very clean and comfortable and fully equipped with everything you needed along with being very accessible in the great location of Angel with many restaurants, cafes and shops right at your doorstep. We would love to have you back again in the future when you are visiting London again.
Angel and Highbury and Islington underground stations are on the same street as the apartment. St.Pancras station and its Eurostar terminal to Paris and Brussels is less than a 20-minute walk away. Many buses into the centre and other parts of London can be found literally on your doorstep, and the West End can be reached in 15 minutes.
Famous for its nightlife, buzzing Angel offers an impressive choice of entertainment, from bars and restaurants, to renowned theatres such as the Almeida and Sadler’s Well Dance Theatre. Several live music venues are also close by, the Union Chapel, O2 Academy Islington and The Garage to mention some. And right on Upper Street: “Union Chapel is one of the most beautiful settings to enjoy live music in London and has a totally unique atmosphere” said Tim Arthur, editor-in-chief of Time Out London. The Grade-II listed church in Compton Street, Islington, beat competition from Brixton Academy and the Royal Albert Hall to take the top spot in Time Out magazine’s poll.
Other well-known attractions in the area include the Dickens Museum, the London Canal Museum, Camden Passage Antiques Market, Chapel Market, Columbia Road Flower Market, Brick Lane, Broadway Market, Spitalfields and Petticoat Lane. The Emirates football stadium is within walking distance, or a quick bus ride away.
The area is family friendly with attractions like the Geffrye Museum and its splendid Kids’ Zone and the V&A Museum of Childhood. There is an abundance of parks and outdoor spaces such as Highbury Fields, London Fields, Clissold Park and De Beauvoir Square. There is a wide array of child friendly cafes both on Upper Street and in surrounding areas.
o Easy walk to Oxford Street and Regents Street and Regents Park.
o Very close to Angel Tube Station (3 mins walk)
o Kings Cross St Pancras Station (8 mins walk).
o Easy walk to Business Design Centre (1 mins walk)
o Easy walk to Arsenal Football Club (15 mins walk)
o Near to Camden Lock Market (9 mins)
o Near to Regent Park (10 mins).
o Also near Euston Station and Kings Cross St Pancras Station (5 mins)
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
You will also get for FREE: - early check-in and late checkout - baby crib - extra guest bed and beddings - checkout cleaning included - all bills and taxes included - **The apartment now comes with a splendid NESPRESSO coffee machine** The prices for special bank holidays/national holidays vary, and there are also special promotions on occasions.