|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
Beachside with a 100 yd walk to private beach. Unobstructed view of bay with spectacular sunsets. Redesigned to accommodate multi-families. Flat screen TVs in every room. Master suite w/King size bed and 2 Queen bed rooms. Third floor with master suite bathroom that has 2 bunk beds w/trundles and entertainment area w/large flat screen TV w/DVD entertainment system and a balcony looking out directly over the Bay.
New paint and carpet though out. Modern kitchen w/granite counter tops. Large family room with hardwood floor. Decks front and back on every level. Outdoor enclosed shower.
Amy and I and our two girls have been traveling to the Outerbanks for years because we love the open beaches and non crowded atmosphere. We also enjoyed going down with multiple families and having fun sharing good times with our friends and their children. So when we looked to acquire a rental property a little closer to home(Northern Va), we looked to find something that had those same quite beaches and a place where family and friends could have memorable vacations. As a bonus we hoped to find a place that was close to nature activities, nice restaurants and social events. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that this location in North Bethany has it all. Close to the Rehoboth and Bethany boardwalks/restaurants/shops and overlooking the bay, 100 yards to a non-crowded private beach and right next the Delaware State Seashore Park. We could not be happier and we hope that you enjoy your stay as well!
Amy purchased this house in 2012
We had an amazing stay at Oyster Bay. I went with my whole family, Mom/Dad, sister/brother-in-law and my two kids. The set up was perfect for our family. The kids had the whole top level to themselves with plenty of room to spare. The house was clean and well appointed, we found everything we needed to have a successful vacation. One of the best finds was that there was a beach cart that allowed us to easily take our stuff to and from the beach. There were tons of chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards and sand toys. The walk to the beach was very easy and convenient. We usually set up all our stuff in the morning and everyone one went back and forth throughout the day. We used the gas grill to cook dinner and enjoyed sunsets on the many balconies. We also highly enjoyed being able to walk over to Matt's Fish Camp. The restaurant is delicious. As others mentioned the house is right on the highway so you do hear the cars passing by, but it certainly did not impede on our vacation. Amy was quick to answer any questions we had. A great vacation indeed! I would highly recommend this rental.
I just rented this house for a week at the beach with my in-laws. Multiple families, multiple kids, and this house worked out really well overall.
- Very close to the beach, which was at the end of the block. The beach is quiet and family friendly. It was so easy to get to the beach and then come back if someone needed something or if the kids needed a nap.
- Very spacious house - three bedrooms, 2 bathrooms on the second floor; two sets of bunk beds + trundle beds + bathroom on the 4th floor
- House was clean and stocked with pots and pans, coffee maker, etc.
- Lots of outdoor space at the house
- There were beach chairs, an umbrella, and some toys at the house
- It wasn't clear from the listing that linens (bedsheets, pillow cases, bath towels, etc.) are NOT included in this rental. I received an email from Amy three days before we were due to arrive with an attachment containing instructions on how to enter the house. Silly me, I didn't read it closely enough to notice that if I wanted to rent linens, I could contact this company in advance of my arrival: http://www.coastalrentalsandhydraulics.com/vacation-rental.asp. We arrived too late to arrange anything, so we made a run to the Walmart in Rehoboth to stock up. We didn't even have any dish or hand towels or a bath mat for one of the showers until we discovered a funky load that had been left in the washing machine.
- House is right off of Route 1, so you can hear a lot of traffic, in case that bothers you.
- House has lots of stairs. The first floor is just the foyer, some bedrooms are on the second floor, and the kitchen and living room are on the third floor.
- The house is across the street from a restaurant with a really bright sign that doesn't shut off until after midnight. If you're sleeping on the top floor in the bunk bed room, it never really gets dark until quite late, even with the shades closed.
- I've rented houses in the past that had a crib/pack and play, high chair, etc. This house didn't come with any of that, so we had to bring our own baby stuff.
The house and location were ideal, walks on the beach and shopping were excellent.
We loved every minute of our stay, everyone was comfortable and the beach was close. The only complaint I could have is that the address is apparently incorrect when you use google maps so trying to get a cab that could find the address to pick us up was very difficult. Otherwise the stay was amazing!!!
This is the second time we have rented a home from Amy. We had another fantastic stay. The house is beautifully decorated and has everything you need. The house is clean and well maintained. It is so bright and cheerful. The master bedroom bed was so comfortable. The kitchen is fully equipped. The sunsets are amazing. Everything was perfect. We will be back again.
The house is in great shape and is a short walk from the beach. The beach itself was beautiful and family friendly. The house is a quick drive from grocery stores and restaurants, which are important for feeding hungry kids.
Other Activities: boating, minature golf, shopping, kayaking, health/beauty spa
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Cleaning fee is included in the quoted rate for full week rentals only, 6% tax and $500 refundable damage deposit.