Just a few short blocks from the French Quarter, we discovered an abandoned antebellum Creole Cottage, left in total ruin, on the verge of collapse. It was love at first sight.
We spent two years meticulously reimagining and rebuilding the home. The design respects the cottage's architectural history, both in scale and materials, while introducing a modern, minimal aesthetic with an appreciation for the patina that time brings.
We came to New Orleans on vacation and never left. Perhaps you will, too.
Marigny 9 is right in the middle of everything:
• 6 short blocks from the French Quarter
• 7 quick blocks from the Bywater
• 2 blocks from Frenchmen Street
• 2 blocks from a 24 hour taxi stand
• 6 quick blocks to the streetcar
Right next to the Quarter, is the thriving Faubourg Marigny neighborhood, a live-music destination with a pocket subculture unto itself. Over the past decade, the Marigny has emerged as one of the vital centers of the city. The Marigny hosts some of the best bars and nightspots in New Orleans, along Frenchmen Street, the neighborhood's main drag.
Just downriver is the Bywater, a birthing ground for some of the most inventive new restaurants in New Orleans.
We are also on the parade route for P'Tit Rex (shoe box floats) and just 2 blocks from many of the city's most eccentric parades: Krewe du Vieux, Delusion, Chewbacchus, and Saint Anne Parades*
*parade routes sometimes change.
• 2 bedrooms with queen pillow-top mattresses
• Private patio with fountain and seating area
• Central heat & air with hepa filtration
• Fully equipped kitchen with eco pots & pans
• Antique claw foot tub & spa shower
• High Speed Wireless Internet
• 42” HDTV with Free Netflix and Apple TV
• iPhone stereos/chargers in each bedroom
• Plug-in iPhone speakers in main living area
• Historic brick wall with hand-hewn beams
• Vintage mid-century furniture by Arne Jacobsen, Herman Miller & Kroehler
• Custom lighting fixtures by LuzLujo
• Hand-troweled cement floors
• Original & commissioned art by local artists
LAST-MINUTE SPECIAL RATE APPLIES TO ARRIVALS WITHIN 21 DAYS OF BOOKING DURING NON-FESTIVAL DATES.