* BEACH FRONT Luxury in gated, single family community- Heart of Marina Vallarta Village.
On top of the World! 12TH FLOOR end unit with panoramic views (Marina, Sierra Madre Mountains, Championship Golf Courses, Bay of Banderas and Downtown Puerto Vallarta) ...Refreshing Sea Breezes)
* DIRECT ELEVATOR ACCESS to your 2500 SQ.FT. 'HOME'- Marble floors...wrap around Balcony... PARADISE
* KITCHEN includes stainless steel side-by-side refrigerator with icemaker & water filtration system, oven, microwave, glass top range, dishwasher, garbage disposal. Granite countertops, breakfast bar and all utensils for feeling at home.
* GREAT ROOM for formal dining/lounging opens to wrap around deck with outdoor seating for entertaining or just relaxing. Mesmerizing views of the cruise ships, fishing & sailing boats, sunrises over the mountains, El Centro, fireworks displays....
* Retreat to Spacious MASTER BEDROOM SUITE with king size bed, TV, walk in closet, double vanity, large shower w/ built in bench. Private balcony overlooking gorgeous infinity pool, beach and bay. Doze off to the twinkling lights of downtown PV and wake up to the morning sun peeking over the Sierra Madre mountains..
*Inviting 2ND Master also has a walk in closet, TV and private bath access. Sunset, golf course & tennis court views.
* 3RD BEDROOM has a private bath, double & single bunk bed, desk for private vacation office time. Wireless internet included.
* LAUNDRY in unit - washer/dryer, iron
* 24/7 Security
* Intercom to front gate
* Complimentary Local Calls
* Complimentary WiFI
* Complimentary CABLE TV
* Central Air Conditioning-individual room controls
* Poolside & Oceanside Hot tubs
* Huge Infinity Pool - 1/2 heated , 1/2 refreshing
* Lighted Tennis Courts (lessons available)
* Marina Access & Bus to Centro across from Main Gate. Shopping, restaurants, tour information,massage & beauty salons at your doorstep!
* Beachfront gym/ Workout facility.
* Swim up Pool Bar & Poolside
SAFE, QUIET PARADISE....all this (and more) only minutes from the airport ...Easy access to Centro, sightseeing tours and various championship golf courses
Keywords: 2500 Sq. Ft. 12th floor condo with 3 bedrooms, 3 baths and a fantastic view of Banderas Bay, El Centro,Sierra Madre mountains, Marina and the Marina golf course.
We've been coming to Puerto Vallarta for 24 years..Home is Wisconsin so getting away in the winter was appealing..we purchased and still own a fractional (5 weeks) condo in the Marina. We enjoyed sailing our Hunter-caught fish, explored the bay and scuba dived before simplifying our lives. There is so much to do here... just ask!
Philip & Susan Engen purchased this condo in 2006
We were familiar with the Marina neighborhood having spent 5 weeks a year here since 1990. We golf nearby and play bridge down town - the Marina is the most convenient location in the Bay. It's quiet and safe. We watched the construction of Shangri-la Torre 1 and were impressed - we purchased pre-construction.
The heated pool makes exercising enjoyable.. kids love it! My grandson (now 8) swims like a fish....
We were surprised this review was published!!! The Renter submitting it must not have read all the welcome information. It specifically states the name of our excellent, local Property Manager and his contact information. He DOES speak English and is on call 24/7. For some unknown reason, I never received emails from them after they arrived. They knew that prior to that time we provided ample check-in information and always responded promptly to all their questions. That should have been an indication that we were not getting her emails and to simply contact the Property Manager to resolve any issues.
My family stayed in this unit in August 2015. The condo is high end, beautiful and the view can't be beat. The pool and grounds are lovely. That being said, we had four rather significant issues:
1 - There was not hot water in the condo. We took cold showers and had cold water to wash dishes in. We weren't able to use the large whirlpool tub in the master bathroom because it would have been freezing cold. I emailed the owner midweek to ask for her to help in addressing this problem and got no response.
2 - The air conditioner didn't work well. We started off the week using it (it never cooled the back bedroom where two of our kids slept - it was hot and sticky in their bedroom the whole week) and by mid-week it wasn't working well at all. We ended up opening the windows and using fans - imagine, August in Mexico with high humidity and no AC. I emailed the owner about this and never got a response.
3) The elevator opens directly into the condo which is nice. What isn't nice is that it will open on the way back to the ground floor into anyone else's condo, if they push their elevator button. This means that the door opens and you are standing right in their condo. We had our kids along and this happened to us all - so we didn't feel safe letting them ride the elevator alone. We had no problems, but the possibility of someone who had bad motives could have access to our kids if they were riding the elevator alone, and we'd have no way of finding them. The obvious solution is to have the elevator always go straight from one condo to the ground floor, never opening at other people's floors.
4 - Communication with the owner was less than ideal. I think the information about how things function with the condo could have been written much more complete with more detail, especially since this is in a different country with a different language. That would have been appreciated. Obviously, having the owners respond to our emails regarding the no hot water situation and poor AC should have happened. When we returned home I forwarded my emails again to the owner and said that we found it very strange that they never responded to them - and again, no response.
There are many, many options for lodging in Puerto Vallarta - particularly in August. I'd recommend looking elsewhere.
What a wonderful, calming, stress-free two weeks. The condo is spacious and comfortable with a magnificent 12th floor view of Banderas Bay, the Marina and downtown Puerto Vallarta. Pictures on the website accurately depict this beautiful condo and the fabulous Shangri-La pool and gorgeous grounds. We loved to start our mornings with a cup of coffee on the balcony watching the sun rise over the mountains and the activity in the Marina where fishing boats headed out for the day and marvel at the sight of majestic cruise ships arriving. The condo is equipped with all the amenities you could ask for and is fully air conditioned however, we never felt the need to turn it on as even on the hottest days, refreshing breezes off the bay through the floor to ceiling screened patio doors, kept us comfortable day and night. And speaking of comfort, in our 12 years of vacationing in PV at some of the best hotels and private properties, the king-size master bed in this condo was the most comfortable we’d ever experienced – a huge “plus” and very much appreciated.
The Shangri-La condo complex is immaculate, beautiful and secure; with lush, well-manicured gardens and lawns framing its fabulous infinity pool, swim-up bar and on-site restaurant. There’s also an ocean front state-of-the-art exercise facility and adjacent massage cabana. The Shangri-La property is so delightful, with its friendly staff and every amenity you could possibly want, other than the occasional evening stroll over to the Marina to enjoy the great little restaurants and shops, we regularly found ourselves cancelling other plans for the day or evening - as staying at Shangri-La is truly a vacation paradise in its own right. We want to thank the owners for not only being a pleasure to deal with, but also for their generous hospitality in picking us up at the airport, introducing us to the Shangri-La gate security staff and giving us a brief tour of their condo upon our arrival. The day before our departure, we contacted the owners to arrange an inspection of the condo the following morning and, in finding it in satisfactory condition, refunding our security deposit on the spot and kindly driving us to the airport. This was truly a fabulous vacation in every respect and our only thought since returning home is in planning our return to this gorgeous vacation paradise ASAP. In closing, I want to thank the owners again - the entire experience was 5 star!
We had so much fun staying at Shangri-La. The condo was first class with beautiful furniture and state of the art kitchen features. Everything was top notch. The views of Bandaras Bay, Puerto Vallarta, and the pool at Shangri-La were magnificent. We loved swimming, eating at the pool snack cafe, drinking special drinks at the pool bar, and playing tennis on the provided courts. Just a perfect vacation all around. We would love to go back every year.
What a beautiful Place! We have rented this unit twice and have already reserved again for this year. The unit is nicely decorated. The unit is clean and well maintained. The kids were excited when they saw the bunk beds in the third bedroom. The view from the balcony is breath taking! The grounds are beautifully manicured. The staff at the front gate, lobby of the condo and pool area are all very friendly. Shangrila is located directly across from the Marina where you can find many restaraunts (Dante's our favorite) and shops. I look forward to our next stay.
We have rented this condo twice and we have always enjoyed our stay. Very clean, beautifully decorated and great location. The condo owners are easy to contact for questions and suggestions. The condo is close to the Marina for shopping and dining. The bus stop is right at the complex and was easy to use for transportation. We appreciated the security onsite and how friendly everyone was. We had a wonderful time in PVR and will be staying here again soon.
WHALE WATCHING,Turtle release, Zip lines/CANOPY TOURS, MOVIE SITES, CASINOs, painting classes, sailing, art walks, dance studios, Spanish lessons, concerts, Marina