|Space||785 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
2 Bedroom cottage with room for 6. Great location on dead end private road. Incredible sunsets right out your door, plenty of parking. Paddle boat and row boat included or bring your own kayak to enjoy paddling or fishing on the beautiful bay. Mooring also available to bring your own motor boat. Basketball hoop available across the street as well as plenty of bikes to ride. Large deck with grill and fire pit steps away. Additional 3 bedroom cottage right next door also available to rent (VRBO #449298), make it a family reunion.
Keywords: Large Dock, mooring available, firepit, deadend private road, Lake Champlain steps away
We purchased this property because of the quiet street and the potential we saw for it. We have made major improvements - hard wood flooring, washer/dryer, new deck, new siding this year, new mattress, new windows and blinds, hot water heater and air conditioning. The picture shows Jay on the left and then Mary Kim and Charlie on the right in front of the camp. Charlie and MK live about half an hour south of the camps, so close enough to be there if needed.
Mary Kim Lavery purchased this cottage in 2006
Enjoy your morning cup of coffee out on the large deck at the end of the dock. Great place for kids due to the quiet dirt, dead end road and the shallow waters of the bay.
Awesome family location, build some great memories and traditions.
This was our first vacation in a long time and we were looking for fun things to do, without the long lines and crowds and spending a fortune on overpriced attactions. Mary Kim's home seemed like the perfect solution for my nineteen year old daughter, my husband and myself. We love nature, swimming, boating, and fishing. My daughter enjoyed kayaking for the first time, and I went fishing on the lake. We drove into Plattsburgh twice for a little shopping and then dinner, but the rest of the time, we just grilled on the barbecue and had relaxing evenings together as a family. The WiFi was great for using the laptop and tablets, and the house uses Dish TV. The sunsets were amazing to say the least. This is a perfect home if you are enjoy simplicity and are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life for awhile. Thanks again to the Lavery's for a great time in their home.
Great cottage with beautiful sunsets! Had a very hot week but cottage stayed pretty cool. Was sorry the lake was so low... had a hard time enjoying the water. Lot of zebra mussels, would advise water shoes. otherwise a great stay!
This summer my husband and I decided to do two things we have never done before:
1. Rent a house on VRBO
2. Drive from Philadelphia to Alburg Vermont
It was the best decision we made!!! We had a fabulous time. Very relaxing. Beautiful views of the lake right outside your door.
We swam almost everyday or went kayaking.
Our Goldendoodle loved every minute of it.
The cottage was perfect. I felt right at home.
We cooked/grilled almost every night at the cottage. The kitchen is fully stocked with utensils/pots/pans/coffee maker ......
The washer and dryer worked very well.
There are grocery stores close by and a souvenir shop across the street that was wonderful.
We also did some day trips to Burlington and Stowe VT. Also if you are a dog lover, you have to check out Dog Mountain in saint johnsbury VT ( home of the dog chapel).
We will definitely be visiting again!
Thank you for being pet friendly 🐶𝠽𝠶🐶𝠽𝠶
Charlie, one of the owners was wonderful and just a phone call away.
Say hi to your brother in law for me Charlie!!
Dawn/Carl and Maggie
One of the best family vacations we ever had. Fun was had by all especially our chocolate lab who never wanted to get out of the lake!! Which did I mention is right outside your door!! Beautiful yard and views! Cottage was perfect and came with everything you could have asked for ( Internet& Cable, for the teenagers) . The owners let you use everything from the shed where there was every lake toy you could ask for, floats, row boat, kayak, paddle boat etc... even a basketball court for my teenage boys to play on. Owners were great, very responsive to any questions I had. Very close to Canada took a day trip to Montreal which must not be missed. Thanks again for allowing us to bring our dog and letting us use your perfect home. Can't wait to return!!
Location is great. Right in the center of many places we wanted to go. We mainly go to Lake Champlain for the fishing and this was just right for us. We go out all day and then we come back to clean up and relax. The rental was clean and the owner that was physically there some of the time made a huge attempt to satisfy us. This being said, I will list our issues.
1. We didn't find out about the lack of parking next to the cottage until the final payment had been made. Parking was across the street and we needed to park our truck/bassboat and have access to an outlet to charge batteries. we also had to lug all our gear to the cottage. The owner made available a long extension cord which was very helpful. A 2nd owner who lives out West was rude when we initially voiced our concern.
2. Dirty rug and towel in washing machine which we washed.
3. Tankless Water Heater didn't perform well in the kitchen. Water in sink was usually cold.
4. 2 kitchen table chairs were broken. Owner said we could go to cottage next door and grab a couple.
5. Stove a. all burners smoked badly and set off smoke alarm when first used.
b. oven was very dirty.
c. No work space (counter) near stove.
d. light over stove was not secured, was on the wall hung on a nail and fell off several times.
6. There had been a lot of rain and one day we couldn't flush the toilet or shower. Some sort of septic system issue.
7. Tried to use the heater one cool night and it set off the smoke alarm from the burning dust. We didn't attempt to use it again.
8. Had several light bulbs burn out and there were no spares.
9. There is AC in the rental but the size is really for a small room and wasn't very efficient.
10. The shade for the bathroom window didn't provide enough privacy.
11. Not enough outlets. We had to use an outdoor extension cord that we brought along in order to plug in our laptop on the kitchen table.
12. No place to hang clothes in one bedroom and in the other room there was an armoire which was pretty much being used for storage.
13. The large dock that was normally there had been damaged from a storm and was not available as it was being repaired.
We are not usually this picky but from the get go there were issues.
50 minutes to Montreal - bring your passport
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 15 2017 - Jun 30 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
Deeper discounts available if you rent both our cottages for the same time period, please inquire if interested.
Discounts available for weekly and monthly renters
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.