|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
This is the perfect home for your family get away. Recently remodeled and improved in 2016 with a new kitchen, open floor plan, new master bedroom addition, and new screened porch.
Located at the end of a cul de sac and situated on 1.3 acres, this spacious 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home provides wonderful peace and quiet, but with all the conveniences you desire, such as whole house Wi-Fi, satellite HDTV with premium movie channels, and nearby coffee houses and markets. Best of all, it's just a 0.6 mile stroll from the white sands and sunsets of Skaket Beach! You can walk to the beach using a private sand path in just 15 minutes and you'll be able to enjoy the calmest part of Skaket Beach - the best beach on Cape Cod.
The home is convenient to everything Orleans and the outer cape have to offer as well. Ride just 0.5 miles to the Cape Cod Rail Trail bike path. Drive to the ponds, freshwater fishing and hiking of Nickerson State Park - just 1.5 miles away. Drive to the surf of the Cape Cod National Seashore - just 9 miles away. Golf, fantastic restaurants, delicious ice cream are all nearby.
This inviting home easily sleeps 10 people and has plenty of space for two families and even your extended family. The first floor offers an open living space with a large family room, brand new kitchen, dining room, and brand new large screened porch. There is plenty of comfortable seating and tables for calm breakfasts, seafood dinners, and family game nights. There is also plenty of access to the outside so you can enjoy the calm of the 1.3 acre yard.
The kitchen was fully remodeled in 2016 with new cabinets and a peninsula for eating. It has new appliances, including a refrigerator with in-door water/ice, a dishwasher, microwave oven, and stove/oven.
The main family room has a cathedral ceiling with exposed beams. It offers a big screen HDTVwith DVD player and opens to side deck and a screened in porch with a chest of board games.
The dining room has a large table that seats 8. It opens to a large screened porch for fresh-air dining and relaxation.
The first floor also has:
1. A master bed room (21'x13') with adjoining bathroom that provides the convenience of first floor living. It has a king size bed, flat screen HDTV, and full size bath with a wonderfully powerful shower and air-conditioning.
2. A second bedroom that includes two twin beds, flat screen HDTV, and an in-room air conditioner. This bedroom also has easy access to the full size bath.
3. A large (16'x16') screened porch that is brand new for 2015/16. It has a cathedral ceiling, is easily accessible from the kitchen and dining room and provides great views of the yard.
4. A half bath and laundry room off the family room.
5. A second family area with fireplace, game-size coffee table, and a futon couch for additional sleeping options.
The second floor offers two large, private bedrooms with air-conditioning. The first has a queen size bed, two twin beds, and a flat screen HDTV and DVD player. The second bedroom has a king size bed, television and DVD player. Both bedrooms access a full bathroom with a large whirlpool tub.
Outside the home gives adults the deck space and seating to relax and enjoy the early morning or evening sea breezes. The 1.3 acre yard gives children plenty of room to run, play yard games, and explore in a private, safe setting. Enjoy the outdoor shower when you return from the beach!
We grew up in Massachusetts and currently live in Lexington, MA with our three young boys, twins that are 13 and their 'baby' brother who's 9. We have been life-long visitors and explorers of Cape Cod.
John Joseph purchased this house in 2012
About 10 years ago, we began to fall in love with the Orleans area and the Outer Cape. It was the unspoiled beaches, the ruggedness of the terrain, and the recreation options that caught our attention. We knew we wanted to make it part of our lives forever. The whole family, especially our children, who were ages 9, 9, and 5 at the time, fell in love with 20 Hofe Road the moment we entered the home and we hope you do too. It's a sanctuary - located on 1.3 acres at the end of a cul de sac and just a lazy stroll to Skaket Beach, which we consider to be the best beach on Cape Cod. In this home it's easy to get away from it all, yet stay connected to the beaches, shopping, night life, food, and recreation that Orleans and the outer cape have to offer. It's just a short drive to the cliffs, dunes, and surf of Nauset Beach and the gorgeous Cape Cod National Seashore. We never get bored of exploring Cape Cod's beauty and we invite you to share this experience.
This home has a unique feel. Tucked away in a wooded area, the home immediately made us feel relaxed. Inside, the home is detailed with natural and painted woodwork that creates such a comfortable and peaceful feeling. It immediately made us feel at home. But I have to say that the spacious yard (part of 1.3 acres of land) creates a feeling that we have really escaped from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. An occasional rooster crowing from a nearby home just adds to that experience.
Excerpt from renter email...
Awesome house and property. The online pics don't do it justice.
Great house for family stay in Cape Cod. The house is about a 10 minute walk to a private beach next to Skaket Beach. Centrally located in Orleans we were a short drive to destinations in Orleans, Chatham and Eastham. The property was clean and well maintained.
The owner emailed me upon arrival and at the end of our stay to ensure everything was good. I would recommend this property to a friend and I hope to enjoy this house again in the future.
If you're looking for a place to call home that you want to return to look no further. My family has vacationed here several times and we are looking forward to our next trip. The property is quiet and private and has a large backyard for the kids to play. The bedrooms have ample space and the beds are very comfortable. The family room is cozy and is a perfect place to relax after a day on the beach. Everything is well maintained and clean which definitely helps reduce the stress of renting a place. Summer can't get here quick enough!
The house has plenty of room for 6, the back yard is a real retreat. Flowers, blackberries, a friendly visiting cat and chickens next store to make sure you don't over sleep. The back porch is spacious and the outdoor shower has great water pressure. Inside, the furniture is a bit dated and not super comfy for evening tv watching, this, in my opinion is not a house for the elderly. Between each room there are raised boards which are very easy to trip over, (we caught or toes many times) the front stairs have no railings, we had to insist that my parents not go out the front door while we were out, the tvs were hard to use and the same show had to be watched in each room downstairs because one remote changed all of the tv's (a note clearly told us not to change the remote settings, so we didn't) a great house for a family with kids, they will enjoy their bedroom with its many beds and the back yard and you won't worry about ruining fine furniture. We will not be returning because it is not elderly friendly for my parents. The price is also not warranted for what you get either, I'm afraid, the dishwasher needed repairs and the dryer had settings that did not work. The sliding screen door fell off in my hand and had to be repaired by my husband. This house needs some fixing to be up to our standards for a Cape Cod rental, but it might be to other's liking for the setting alone.
Located 0.6 miles from the white sands of Skaket Beach and 1.6 miles from the restaurants and coffee shops in downtown Orleans, this home provides the perfect place to relax and enjoy a week away.
Within a short walk, bike, or drive are:
- The white sands and sunsets of Skaket Beach (0.6 miles)
- The surf of Nauset Beach (4.7 miles)
- The Cape Cod Rail Trail bike path that goes from Provincetown to Falmouth (0.5 miles)
- A major supermarket and pharmacy (0.4 miles)
- The best coffee shop on Cape Cod (The Hot Chocolate Sparrow) (1.6 miles)
- Too many breakfast, lunch and dinner spots to name (within 1.6 miles)
- The unique shops of Orleans Center (1.6 miles)
- Fantastic ice cream (The Hot Chocolate Sparrow) (1.6 miles)
- The bike trails, hiking trails, freshwater swimming, freshwater fishing, and boat rentals of Nickerson State Park. Best of all, it's free to get in. (1.5 miles)
- Two championship golf courses at The Captain's Golf Course in Brewster (6.3 miles)
- The Wellfleet Drive-in Theatre/Wellfleet Cinema. The drive-in is a classic! (9 miles)
- The Wellfleet Flea Market at the Drive-in Theatre. (9 miles)
- The sport fishing fleet of Rock Harbor (1.6 miles)
- Bowling alley. Great for a break from the sun. (2 miles)
- Snow Library. Great for a break from the sun. (2 miles)
- Tennis courts. Wonderful courts for $5 rental at Eldredge Park (2 miles)
- Cape Cod Baseball League games at Eldredge Park. See some of the best college baseball players before they make it to the big leagues. Best of all it's free. (2 miles)
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History in Brewster (8 miles)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jul 2 2016 - Sep 2 2016
7 night minimum stay
Sep 3 2016 - Jun 3 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
$500 refundable security deposit is required.