This cottage is called 'El Cisne' and is part of five available at 'Granja Henderson', an 111 acre farm in the heart of Punta del Este.
106 sq m or 1141
Master bedroom has 1 queen size bed.
Bedroom #2 has three single beds.
Bedroom #3 has a single bed (originally maid's room).
Bathroom #1 has a tub.
Bathroom #2 is outside by rear entrance (originally maid's bathroom).
This cottage has recently been fitted with a Magma wood fireplace. It heats up the entire house and is a joy to stay during the cold months on the southern winter! It faces the living room but has an intricate hot air plumbing that blows warm air into the master bedroom and the bedroom #2
Every guest staying at Granja Henderson has complementary access to all the vegetables that are grown on site at the organic vegetable garden!
Wildlife is abundant here. It is amazing to be so close to Punta and be able to enjoy mother nature at its fullest without the noises, people, traffic, pollution associated with city life. Here is a list of some wildlife that surrounds the Granja Henderson:
Lots of birds (Chaja, tero teru, hornero, swans, benteveo, pirincho, picaflor, cotorra, golondrina, halconcito, gorrion, cuervillo, sabia, ratonera, picabuey, garza, calandria, carancho, carpintero, cisne, cuervo, viudita, paloma, tordo, zorzal, chimango, chingolo, churrinche, murcielago, picapalo, golondrinas, tijereta, gallineta)
Zorro, nutria, mulita, aperia, huron, liebre, zorillo, comadreja, guazu, aperea.
About Granja Henderson:
This was my mother's patch. Her childhood farm. Her parents acquired it in 1942. The place she grew up on. Where her whole family spent their holidays and weekends. Second home and until recently first one too. Originally a chicken farm, later a dairy, then a Quarter Horse breeding facility. Now rental of cottages.
'El Cisne' was the first cottage built on the farm; 1943. The name came from the swans found on Laguna del Diario, in droves, lots of black necked swans swimming placidly on the lake. My grandfather lived here with my mother's family on weekends and holidays while he went building the rest of the farm. Being a civil engineer he knew what he was doing... and being extra-thorough of character he built with a sturdiness that people nowadays, when we recycle some building shake their heads in disbelief! The pergola under which the cars are parked in the summer, with exuberant foliage, is purely purple flowers in spring. Quite a sight. And in the summer many a barbecue is cooked on the 'parrillero'.
A little about Laguna del Diario. This lagoon is called thus because the horses that were used a great deal or on a daily basis for the garrison (colonial times) were allowed loose on the fields around the lake. The Sierra de la Ballena was hostile and they didn't climb up over it. So the daily horses were to be fetched from there. This is the translation for Diario. A diario means on a daily basis. All places in the countryside in Uruguay that are a Dead End are named Rincón. Thus the area where my grandfather's farm was, was called Rincón del Diario. It is in disuse now, as another road has been built to access the area.
Rental Rules and Regulations
1. CHECK-IN 4 PM CHECK OUT 12 PM
2. NON SMOKING cottage
3. Small pets under 22lbs are permitted in rental cottages only with prior approval. All pets must be leashes at all times.
4. NO renters younger 25 years unless accompanied by an adult
5. DAMAGE DEPOSIT- A damage deposit of 20% rental is required. NO DISHWASHER in this cottage.
6. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to half of the rental rate is required.
7. CANCELLATIONS – A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- six (6) persons .
9. Seven night charge required for peak season.
10. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates includes a Uruguayan tax, a Inmobiliaria fee, electricity, water, gas, Satellite TV, WiFi Internet, wood, towels and linens, kitchen utensils and safe.
11. DAILY MAID CLEANING SERVICE – Is available for fee per hour.
12. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
13. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
14. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
15. PARKING – Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles.
16. LIABILITY - All of the cottages are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
17. FARM ANIMALS – Please stay away from all farm and wild animals. Every pasture surrounding the cottages are fitted with electrical wire which is designed to keep animals at bay, but WILL shock a human being at low currents. Due to the characteristic of our thatched roof cottages we do our best to keep insects at bay. You will, however, most likely encounter spiders, bees and bats.
18. FARM ACTIVITY – This is an active farm. Personnel are working from early hours of the morning till late afternoon with a long lunch break and specially in hot summer days. You will hear farm tractor noises, lawn mowing machinery, etc. We try to minimize noises in the mornings so our guests can rest.
19. COTTAGES CONDITION – These are original 1940's farm cottages. There is NO Air Conditioning equipment apart from the warm winter fireplace. The summer heat is kept out by the excellent insulation of the thatched roof and the double brick walls.
20. FIREWORKS – Fireworks are NOT allowed.
21. ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN – One basket for a complementary vegetable picking.
22. REMOTE GATE OPENER – One (1) Remote Main Gate Opener included.