|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Jay Peak Resort area ski house located minutes to the mountain in quaint Vermont village.
Very unique and special Jay Peak rental house that is set on 2 private, riverfront acres yet is still located within walking distance to the quaint and lively little Jay Peak town of Montgomery center, Vermont.
This is best of both worlds living: two private country acres, but located within a bustling little town! That’s rare, you usually have to choose a nature/country house (but that is in the middle of nowhere usually deep up a dirt road), or you have to pick a house in the downtown area (but that has no privacy or ‘country’ feel at all). With this house, you don't have to pick country vs. village - you can get both. You can walk to the restaurants or hang out on two, quiet, wooded and riverfront acres - with a great camp site on the river with a fire pit and outdoor sofa.
The house has beds for 11, and can sleep a few additional guest in its family room (two sofas) and living room (two sofas). It’s warm, inviting, quiet, charming and comfortable.
- mudroom: fully-heated, large and perfect for ski equipment unloading
- living room: with large, soapstone wood stove
- dining room: seats 6 with expanding table to fit 8
- kitchen: gas stove/oven, dishwasher and large, vintage double-basin sink
- family room: sunken room wraps around the entire back of the house, huge windows overlook the Trout River and grounds
- washer/dryer in the basement laundry room
- bedroom 1 sleeps 2 with a queen-sized bed
- bedroom 2 sleeps 4 with built-in queen bunks
- bedroom 3 sleeps 5: twin-on full bunk beds and twin-on-twin bunk beds
- bathroom: shower stall has full tub
- 46” flat screen
- apple TV (for music streaming, netflix access, etc)
- fax/printer, long-range (reliable and new!)
- WiFi router that sends a clear signal even deep out onto the grounds.
- 300+ sf deck attaches to family room and features:
O BBQ grill and outdoor bar area
O Outdoor seating area (in summer)
- nearly two acres with nearly 500 feet of frontage on the Trout River
- rolling/hilly meadows perfect for sledding
- all the land and woods has trails for snow-shoeing around the property
- the driveway is flat and wide and just off the road, so no need to navigate anything windy or difficult in the snow. This is not one of those rentals that's off some harrowing, windy dirt road!
Jay Peak is a legendary mountain, but the town of Jay is very small, extremely quiet and has just a few commercial offerings (you can check it all out on Google street view and see it for yourselves). Montgomery Center is where all of the action and excitement is for Jay Peak Resort and its visitors.
Montgomery looks like a quintessential Vermont village with its steeple church and old wood-framed homes and shops, but dig a little deeper and you’ll find a lively, friendly, eclectic little place with great nightlife, and a full set of amenities: fine dining, family dining, pizza/take-out, a liquor store and large grocery store, a bike/ski rental shop, two gas stations, and a bank - all located within walking distance of our home.
It’s a fun little town, often with live bands at the Snowshoe (bar and restaurant) on weekends. You’re right in the middle of it all, but just enough on the edge to enjoy your private 2 acres of land.
Jay Peak Resort:
- Jay Peak Resort is a 15 minute drive (just 8 miles away).
- Jay Peak is the snowiest mountain on the east coast!
- Gave guests that don’t ski? Jay Peak Pump Haus is the east coast’s largest indoor water park! There is also an 18-hole championship golf course, indoor ice rink and large network of Nordic (cross-country) skiing trails.
As much as we all love the mountain, staying at the mountain is what it is… it’s an antiseptic large hotel experience. Everything’s expensive ($4 slice of pizza, $6 for milk at the mountain’s mini-mart) and if you stay at the mountain, you’re staying on an island, cut off from the town and from the classic Vermont experience (and from the hopping après ski nightlife of Montgomery). You're either in a big hotel or a crowded condo complex.
This is our home, and we only rent it occasionally, so great care has been spent on every detail. We both work from the home, so the WiFi signal and business attributes are important to us. And we both love the little town of Montgomery which is why we love this house so much, it’s right there in the middle of it all, but just enough on the edge to offer privacy and peace and quiet. It’s great for families and kids with its sledding hill and all that outdoor land, and it’s great for those who want to hit the nightlife of Montgomery after a day at Jay Peak.
This house is owned by Mike and Justin, two long-time Jay Peak skiers who live in Boston. We've owned real estate in Montgomery since 2006 (at a previous house) and have been using HomeAway for many years to rent the place out on the weeks/weekends that obligations keep us in Boston. Our goal is to rent to a select group of renters who love it so much they return each year.
Justin purchased this farmhouse in 2012
We're head over heels in love with the quirky and lovable town of Montgomery and this is simply the only house that is walking distance to the village, but has its own private grounds and its own, on-site swimming hole. It's truly one of a kind, and the perfect hybrid of a Vermont village home and a Vermont country home.
In the winter, the driveway is wide, flat and immediately off the road, so you never have to worry about steep inclines or twisty dirt driveways.
In the summer, you can go for a swim in the crystal-clear Trout River and enjoy a totally private, sandy, riverfront beach.
All year round, you're a 5 minute walk to everything the town has to offer!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.