About the property
- Apartment548 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
Comfortable, spacious and fully equipped one bedroom apartment 51 m² (549 ft²)
Is your dream to live as a real Parisian in the heart of the City of Lights?
Come stay in this private apartment, spacious and charming, located in the center of Paris in a quiet, elegant and safe neighborhood... and so close to everything!
CHECK IF THIS APARTMENT IS SUITABLE TO YOUR NEEDS :
- The space can accommodate up to three persons and a 3 years old baby.
- The apartment is on the 2nd and last floor without elevator.
BEDDING (see Beds Setup section for more details):
- In the bedroom two persons can sleep in a bed of great comfort that can be setup to suit your needs, either 1 double bed or 2 single beds. If you have your baby up to 3 years, she or he can sleep safely in a cot/playpen.
- In the living room one person about 160 cm tall (63 in) can sleep on the couch, with a great comfortable due to the thick mattress topper.
**** APARTMENT **********************************************
This charming, comfortable, spacious and fully equipped one bedroom apartment is part of 4 private apartments in a white stone 2 stories building with its zinc and slate roof. The main entrance of the building is secure and can be opened with a magnetic access badge that we will give you. Once you arrive on the 2nd and last floor by the stairs, you enter an intimate and welcoming space.
The space is 51 m² (549 ft²) and has been carefully decorated with modern furniture and with many objects brought back from our travels around the world, which makes it both comfortable and authentic. The real charm of the apartment is its very colorful decoration with of course Jasmine's paintings lining the walls ... You will soon feel welcome home.
- THE LIVING ROOM AND DINING are fully furnished with everything you need for your comfort. Its traditional oak flooring and carpets kilims brought from Turkey, create a warm and homely atmosphere. You’ll find also for your entertainment and communication with a High-Speed WiFi free access, a large screen TV, a complete HiFi system, a land phone, (see below for more details). On the street side a large double-glazed window for optimum soundproofing as well as blacked out blinds.
- THE COUCH IN THE LIVING can be converted into extra bedding for one person about 160 cm tall (63 in), this is not a real bed.
- THE BEDROOM is spacious and can be set up according to your needs (see Beds Setup section). For your personal belongings and clothing, you will find a large and convenient closet behind sliding doors. On the street side, there is a large double-glazed window for optimum soundproofing as well as blacked out blinds for the comfort of your nights.
- THE BATHROOM is accessible from the living room and has a large bathtub / shower, bidet and sink, pro hair dryer, very good quality towels, natural soap and shampoo. On the street side, there is a little round window with frosted glass.
- THE TOILET from the living room you access to a small walk-in closet, which also leads to a separate toilet with its sink and a window to the courtyard.
- THE KITCHEN is fully equipped with a window overlooking the courtyard and its sycamore tree. The main equipment includes: Induction hobs (4), oven/grill, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, centrifuge for juicing fruit and vegetables, egg cooker, fridge and freezer, water-boiler, toaster, plates, cutlery, glasses, cooking utensils and all that is needed for a creative cuisine.
NOTE: We occupy this apartment during years. Therefore, some of our personal effects will remain in the apartment during your stay, but rest assured that you will find plenty of storage space for your belongings, including your suitcases.
**** USEFUL INFORMATION *************************************
MORNING ESSENTIALS AND COOKING BASICS :
To avoid going to the market upon your arrival, we provide you with free basic condiments (Sugar, salt, pepper, herbs, spices, oils, etc.), and some basics to have for your breakfast (coffee, tea, etc).
BEDS SETUP :
Your beds will be prepared with care and with a quality of linens cotton sateen or percale cotton. The pillows are very comfortable and the duvets are appropriate to the season.
- IN THE BEDROOM the beds can be setup according to your needs, or with a queen size bed of 160 cm x 200 cm (63 in x 79 in), or with 2 twin beds of 80 cm x 200 cm each (32 in x 79 in). Our mattresses are of high quality and very comfortable. In case of a double bed, you will appreciate the mattress topper for optimal comfort.
- IN THE LIVING the couch can be converted into extra bedding, (it’s not a real bed) for one person about 160 cm tall (63 in). The inside dimensions of the couch are 170 cm x 70 cm (67 in x 28 in), and do not correspond to a standard bed. You will appreciate the mattress topper of 8 cm (3 in) thick, that we put on top of the two couch cushions for optimal comfort.
- BABY-SET (additional cost per stay) : 40 euros will be charged once regardless the duration of your stay. This service includes a cot / playpen with fitted sheet, a changing mat with cover towels and a high chair. The cot / playpen will be installed in the bedroom.
ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM AND COMMUNICATION :
- Wi-Fi networks : High-Speed wireless Internet unlimited access.
- A 37” flat screen TV with more than 250 channels.
- CD, DVD and Blu-ray player, we can lend you films for free from our large collection of international and American movies.
- CD player and tuner, including Wi-Fi connection (Air media) for your Smartphone, cell phone, MP3 player or tablet to listen your music play list. Also you can use our large collection of music CD during your stay.
- Free use of landline for incoming calls and to more than 100 countries for outgoing calls, (ex: US, Canada and Europ).
WASHER MACHINE AND DRYER :
To wash your clothes, you will be able to use our washer machine and dryer, located in our apartment on the same floor. For your ironing, you will find in your apartment a table and iron. Otherwise, there is a self-service laundry at 3 minutes walk and several dry cleaners in the area just in case we are not home at the same time of your stay.
Regardless of the two fans available to you, a powerful air-conditioning (split unit) can be installed for the entire duration of your stay. This service is included in the rental cost.
**** LEISURE AND INTERACTION *********************************
INTERACTION WITH OUR GUESTS :
Living in a separate apartment in the same building and knowing how to be discreet and preserve your privacy, we can offer you more and give you a taste of the real Paris as only a native of this city can do. We will give you the elements to plan an unforgettable and tailored made vacation.
Our activities and hobbies : Jasmine is artist, numerologist and loves dancing, and Rafic is interior architect, photographer and loves cooking.
LEISURE SERVICES (optional):
The services listed below are not included in the rental cost and will be paid in cash according to your request:
- A tour of Paris by car with Rafic. Discover Paris differently with this drive across the city of lights lasting 3 hours with a cocktail of history, anecdotes and above all, pleasure for eyes, for 200 euros regardless the number of passengers.
- Parisian photographic walks with Rafic are for beginners and advanced amateurs who want to learn the techniques and practice shooting photography with your digital camera day and night for 50 euros per hour regardless the number of participants.
- Tourist guide by car with Rafic can be programmed according to your needs and our availability for 70 euros per hour regardless the number of passengers.
- A numerology session by Jasmine can give you keys to your life's questioning for 80 euros per hour and per person.
**** RULES AND CONDITIONS ***********************************
HOUSE RULES :
- No smoking in the apartment.
- Pets are not allowed.
- No parties or events
- More than 4 people at a time in the apartment is not allowed including visitors.
- Light or burn candles is not allowed.
- Volume of music and TV should be low after 10 PM.
- In the apartment, please remove your shoes and wear slippers or walk barefoot on the floor that is in traditional oak parquet partially covered with carpets kilims. Our neighbor of the apartement under yours will be very grateful to you ;-)
Owner/Manager Rafic RATL
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
About Owner/Manager Rafic RATL
Jasmine: I’m an artist, numerologist and love dancing. Rafic: I’m an interior designer, photographer and love cooking.
Owner/Manager Rafic RATL purchased this Apartment in 2000
Why Owner/Manager Rafic RATL chose École Militaire
This charming, comfortable, spacious and fully equipped one bedroom apartment is part of 4 private apartments in a white stone 2 stories building with its zinc and slate roof. The main entrance of the building is secure and can be opened with a magnetic access badge that we will give you. Once you arrive on the 2nd and last floor by the stairs, you enter an intimate and welcoming space. The space is 51 m² (549 ft²) and has been carefully decorated with modern furniture and with many objects brought back from our travels around the world, which makes it both comfortable and authentic. The real charm of the apartment is its very colorful decoration with of course Jasmine's paintings lining the walls ... You will soon feel welcome home. LOCATION : Our little building is located in the central 7th arrondissement just behind the Invalides and next to the Ecole-Militaire. This location has two main advantages. On one side you will be in a neighborhood of the 7th arrondissement, quiet, elegant and safe, where many private homes, embassies and ministries are located. You will also find some typical shops, sidewalk cafes, restaurants, and everything you might need for your stay. On the other hand you will enjoy its central location, close to the heart of Paris, breathing charm and vitality, day and night. SURROUNDINGS : At 5 minutes walking distance from the apartment, the Rue Cler, a very lively and charming pedestrian area with a local market street where you’ll find delicious bread, cheese, wine, pastry, vegetable, fish, meat and so many other goods. The nice cafés, bistros, restaurants and bars that will become your headquarters day and night if you want to stay in your own Parisian village. Every Thursday and Saturday, we are fortunate to have the “Avenue de Saxe” open market just 2 steps away where small plot farmers and artisans come to sell their goods.
What makes this Apartment unique
Is your dream to live as a real Parisian in the heart of the City of Lights? Come stay in this private apartment, spacious and charming, located in the center of Paris in a quiet, elegant and safe neighborhood... and so close to everything!
Local Services & Businesses
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Charming apartment with fantastic owners
Charming apartment in great neighborhood. I traveled with my mom and daughter- I attended a conference while they toured around Paris. The location is good- access to metro and bus is within a few minutes walk. There are grocery stores, bakeries, cafes, restaurants nearby. The owners are super helpful with suggestions and recommendations. Importantly they are very helpful but not intrusive. I was very impressed by my initial communications with the owners- they reached out ahead of our visit and made sure we had all necessary info to arrive at the apartment and guidance on how to get from airport, recommendations for food, tours, etc. I much appreciate their interest and attention to making sure our stay was seamless and it was comforting knowing that they were so helpful and available.
The apartment is very nice and absolutely feels like an artist's home. The apartment is upstairs (no elevator). We slept with windows open - there is some traffic from street but overall fairly quiet excluding the trash pick up.
There is entertainment including plenty of DVDs and TV and CDs if interested. I can't comment on any of the entertainment as we only watched a bit of TV during some down time. There are lots of guide books, maps, brochures, etc provided by the owners and also left by prior visitors. The bedroom includes 2 twin beds which can be pushed together. My mom and I each slept in a twin bed while my daughter slept on the couch. Beds were comfortable. My daughter who is 5'6" tall slept on the couch and fit, but not sure anyone much taller would fit. I cannot comment on how comfortable the couch is- she is young enough not to notice that sort of thing. The kitchen was stocked with basics (coffee, tea, salt, various sugars, vinegar, etc). We bought some Lavazza and used the Italian stove-top Moka for making coffee. You can use the owners' pod coffee but will need to pitch in to pay of the coffee pods. Instant coffee is available and free. There is also a selection of teas. The bathroom includes a tub with a shower which can be adjusted according to height. A shower gel is available which can double as a shampoo- if you use conditioner, bring your own. There are plenty of towels available which were a good quality. I would absolutely recommend this apartment- the apartment and owners were absolutely charming and the owners in particular were very helpful and welcoming. I would absolutely return.
Perfect Paris Apartment, Great Neighborhood, Exceptional Owners
Great apartment located in a residential area in the 7th arrondissement - it is close to several metro stops, and you can walk to the 'Eiffel Tower', 'Musee d’Orsay' and 'Rue Cler' in minutes, and 'Les Invalides' is literally around the corner – a perfect location. Staying in an apartment in Paris is always a good idea and staying in Rafic’s and Jasmine’s was the best idea we’ve had in a long time. We felt immediately comfortable in the first few minutes we were inside the apartment. Rafic gave us a warm welcome, and generously spent time explaining what we needed to know about the apartment, the building, and the neighborhood so that we were sure to enjoy ourselves. The apartment is very quiet, well maintained and wonderfully decorated, with original artwork, very nice furniture, as well as a very comfortable bed; also, the wi-fi works perfectly. The kitchen is also well-equipped for those interested in preparing their meals at home, and there are grocery stores and bakeries nearby. Rafic and Jasmine live in the apartment next door and were available if we had questions or needed help. Would we stay in this apartment on our next trip to Paris? In a New York minute!!
Susan and Bob
First Trip to Paris
My husband and I spent our first trip to Paris at this apartment. The owners couldn't have been more accommodating, meeting and telling us of local restaurants and arranging a car for our return to the airport. The apartment felt like our own apartment with the warmth and color of the art, walls and furniture. The location was good in that it was a quiet neighborhood, not touristy and not a lot of night life. There is a good 10 min walk to the nearest metro station, 15 min to the park with the Eifel tower, 5 min walk to Napoleons tomb. The apartment is on the top floor so one needs to walk up 2 flights of stairs. We would definitely recommend this apartment to anyone.
Great apartment, perfect location!
This apartment was one of the highlights of our week long stay in Paris. It is so clean, cozy, bright & beautiful! The kitchen is well stocked, the bed is comfortable, and it is very quiet. The neighborhood is awesome, everything within walking distance. Needless to say we throughly enjoyed our stay, can't wait to return! Thank you to Rafic & Jasmine for being such lovely hosts. Susan & Paul Tucker
Great apartment in a great location
We had a great time here with a great welcome from the owner. The flat was warm and welcoming and had everything that anyone would need. Rafic was so helpful with suggestions for restaurants etc.
Location was great - especially if you like to walk as we do. We would certainly recommend the flat to our friends.
HIGHLY recommend this JEWEL in the heart of Paris!
Spectacular home away from home! What an amazing experience in Paris for me and my daughter. So lucky to have found Rafic and Jasmine's adorable apartment for our stay. Rafic was an amazing host and this Parisian "artsy", colorful home was the PERFECT place for our stay. It is so comfortable with it's beautiful, inviting furniture pieces, original artwork, COMFY bed, quaint, well-equipped kitchen, gorgeous original hardwood floors, large windows and welcoming neighborhood. It's location is top notch with it's accessibility to metro and bus stops and it has easy walkability to most everything you would want to visit in Paris. Rafic went above and beyond to welcome us to Paris and is incredibly helpful with tips and information and was ALWAYS there to answer questions or help in any way. HIGHLY Recommend this incredible jewel in the heart of Paris! Melissa and Lilah
LOCATION : Our little building is located in the central 7th arrondissement just behind the Invalides and next to the Ecole-Militaire. This location has two main advantages. On one side you will be in a neighborhood of the 7th arrondissement, quiet, elegant and safe, where many private homes, embassies and ministries are located. You will also find some typical shops, sidewalk cafes, restaurants, and everything you might need for your stay. On the other hand you will enjoy its central location, close to the heart of Paris, breathing charm and vitality, day and night.
SURROUNDINGS : At 5 minutes walking distance from the apartment, the Rue Cler, a very lively and charming pedestrian area with a local market street where you’ll find delicious bread, cheese, wine, pastry, vegetable, fish, meat and so many other goods. The nice cafés, bistros, restaurants and bars that will become your headquarters day and night if you want to stay in your own Parisian village.
Every Thursday and Saturday, we are fortunate to have the “Avenue de Saxe” open market just 2 steps away where small plot farmers and artisans come to sell their goods.
WALKING AROUND : In about 10 to 30 minutes you can be under the Eiffel Tower, or along the Seine River or on the Champs-Elysées, or in the gardens of the Louvre, or in the district of St Germain, or on rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, or the rue du Bac, or the Montparnasse district, and many other unique places in the capital with its cultural activities and heritage: Historic Sites, museums, exhibitions, art galleries, antique shops, opera, ballet ... but also its sidewalks cafes, open markets, passages, stores for designer brands, etc.
TRANSPORT : We are fortunate to be very well served by different public transport networks: 3 subway lines, more than 4 bus lines, several bike stations (Velib') and car (Autolib' ). Within the private transportation, we also have stops from 2 companies of tourist bus, several Taxis head of station, not to mention the company of Avis car rental / Budget located across the street from us.
This will give you several choices when you come to an airport or a train station
PARKING : If you have a car, you can park it safely in an underground private parking secured under 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at just 5 min walk from home. Otherwise, there are many public parking in our street and nearby.