|Minimum Stay||2 - 4 nights|
LAST MINUTE SPECIAL: Bookings 10 days or less in advance 15% off your rate!
Old Louisville is one of the nation's premier Historic Preservation Districts. This 3800 square foot late Victorian brick home is perfectly situated within it: Less than 2 miles from Churchill Downs, 1 mile from fabulous live theater, performing arts center and entertainment district, 2 miles to the convention center and 5 miles from the airport. The Old Louisville neighborhood is noted for it's graceful mansions, vibrant October Art Fair and central location.
The home's exterior remains historically accurate, but the inside has been updated . All five bedrooms have 32" flat screen televisions and there is house wide wifi. There three queen and two double bedrooms. All beds are made with 400 thread count all cotton sheets, stylish spreads or duvets and four pillows per bed. Bathrooms are fully stocked with quality cotton towels and liquid hand soap.
The common areas include a gracious entry hall, comfortable living room and a fully equipped kitchen. Pots, pans, dishes, cutlery and glassware are all supplied.
Home rental includes two historic zone parking passes which enable parking directly curbside.
This home is perfect for visitors to the Kentucky Derby as Churchill Downs is less than 2 miles distant (shuttle to track is nearby as well). It is also a great spot for participants and trainers for the Ford Iron Man race which starts/ends at 4th Street Live and Waterfront Park. In addition, those coming to Louisville for Convention Center Events or Yum Center events will find this house closely situated to both! The St. James Art Fair draws 600,000 visitors to this neighborhood each October to view art from over 700 exhibitors. Enter less than a 1/2 block from this home.
In July, 'The Kentucky Shakespeare Festival' takes place in Central Park, about 2 blocks from the home. Enjoy free performances, a cash bar, snacks and musical entertainment before and after the shows. This year play is 'Much Ado About Nothing'. Also new this year is 'Movie Monday' in the park with free screenings in July and the first week of August.
New! An organin market 'The Root Cellar' has opened just two blocks from the home-- get the best in fresh produce and farm raised meats.
Keywords: Kentucky Derby, Historic,
I name is Deirdre Seim and I manage six lovely properties in Louisville, all located in the city's two Historic Preservation Districts. Each home is beautifully furnished, with luxury bedding and easy access to Louisville's best restaurants and tourist attractions.
Deirdre Seim purchased this house in 1998
Awesome rental! The house is huge and allowed our group to really spread out. Great location that was only a short uber ride from bars, baseball and bourbon. We were there on a hot weekend in June but had no issues with the AC. The house stayed cold and comfortable throughout, even on the 3rd floor.
Deirdre was a great host and very responsive to any questions I had.
Buisniss trip to the area. 5 of us went on the bourbon trail and stayed the weekend. Great house. 5 bed rooms and bathrooms. Very comfortable. Loved it.
Our group of 9 really enjoyed this home! It was perfectly sized and we didn't once feel crowded! All of the rooms were very comfortable and everything was just as, if not better, than expected! The host was always just a text away should we need anything or had any questions. We had a great time staying here and hope to do so again some day! Thanks!
This place was an excellent choice for our group. We had difficulties finding a place near downtown that would accommodate our group of 9 adults comfortably and I feel like we lucked out with Deirdre's place. The house was extremely spacious and there was plenty of room for everyone to have their own space. We ended up bringing two blow-up mattresses just so that everyone could have their own bed.
The house was in a very convenient location. It was easy and cheap to grab an Uber to get downtown and to most of the area attractions. Speaking of which, there's a nice tavern bar a block away to grab some food and drinks.
The only negative about the place was that the kitchen area was a bit warmer than the rest of the house. Not unbearably so, but it was definitely warm enough that we didn't want to hang out in there too much.
All-in-all, our group would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.
The great stuff:
1. The house is perfect for large families or groups
2. There is one bedroom and bathroom on the first floor. The bedroom is connected to it's own en-suite 'living room'. The family room, kitchen and dinning room are on the main floor as well.
3. The second floor has 1 separate bedroom and then 2 bedrooms with a living room in the middle of them. There are 2 large bathrooms on the middle floor.
4. The top floor is it's own large suite that has a bedroom connecting to a sitting area. The rooms can are also be connected to an office with another large bathroom. The bedroom has a window AC which is great for those hot, humid days.
5. Their are plenty of fans and ceiling fans on the first and second floor. We had a few 80 degree days and that was enough to keep the temp down. However, if it was hotter a few more fans might be appreciated or a stand alone AC.
6. The house has everything you need and is comfortable. It is an older house so it has a lot of character.
7. It's located very close to the Exposition Center, Churchill downs, the airport, the zoo, U of L, Mega caverns ect (You do need a car to travel to these places)
The not so great stuff:
1. It appears the house is in a location that is being gentrified along with the expansion of U of L. Most of the houses are owned by families, being renovated or are occupied by college kids. The house has a bus stop right in front of it. Sometimes we saw a few seedy characters. It wasn't anything to be overly concerned about but something to be aware of.
2. Some of our guests found the beds a bit uncomfortable but sheets, pillows and blankets were abundant :)
3. If your large group likes to 'hang out together' the common area down stairs can be a bit small but there is plenty of space to spread out around the house.
Info: we are from the NW so we were surprised we could not purchase wine at the grocery store. Wine must be purchased at a liquor store.
Info: there is an apartment in the basement that appears to be rented to some very nice people. We only saw them once and never heard them. Their door is in the back yard area so don't be startled. This was not a concern in anyway.
We loved this house and would stay here again in the future!!!
Our family stayed here for a week. This is a large, beautiful, comfortable home. The home was well equipped with everything we needed for the week. The location was perfect & close to everything. Owner was very nice & easy to work with. Thank you, we really enjoyed our stay in Louisville!
Home is located less than two blocks from Central Park, a lovely urban park with multiple play areas, fountain and a live summer shakespeare festival. Many casual restaurants, coffee shop and other spots within a short walk.
|Exit Cleaning (6 guests)||$95 + Tax|
Please be sure that your number of guests is accurate.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.