|Minimum Stay||3 - 4 nights|
BENVENUTI A ROMA E NELLA NOSTRA CASA!
• Central: 2.7 miles walking distance from both Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. 10 min to Colosseum by direct Metro B line from nearby Piazza Bologna.
• Our apartment (1300 sq ft) is very bright with natural light with luxury finishes and furnishings. On the 5th Floor, reached by elevator.
• We also offer all inclusive private TOURS from our two villas north of Rome, Tuscany/Umbria border:
• Our apartment in Rome is entirely floored with hand painted majolica and hardwood, the floor plan of our Rome apartment includes a large entry, living room with balcony, master bedroom (king size bed), second bedroom (2 twin beds), and two bathrooms. • The kitchen is fully equipped with a large refrigerator, gas stove, oven and dishwasher. The large and light-filled living room has comfortable furniture. • A nice balcony off the living room is ideal for a quiet break at the end of the day.
SPECIAL: Split your stay of 7 or more days with our villa, property #115470
The warmth of a home, Not your typical rental: • The apartment has been in our family and well loved since it was built in the early 1950s.
• Discover Rome the way the locals see and experience it: In a typical Roman neighborhood in the unique and desirable area of Piazza Bologna, central and well connected, yet still functional for the daily needs of its residents; with grocery stores, post offices and markets, all within easy reach. Renting an apartment further in, in the historical center, overrun by tourism and offices, might defeat the whole purpose of staying in a private home. Having a kitchen without easy access to groceries or the use of an elevator to carry it upstairs, might prove less than ideal. Being able to return to quiet surroundings at the end of a busy sightseeing day is what makes it feel like home.
One more reason to choose this apartment: • The Best of two Worlds: All the availability and ease of communication offered by rental agencies based in the US, plus the knowledge and personal touch of dealing directly with the owners: The owners are two siblings, one lives in Italy, and one in the US. You can count on a direct contact and point of reference with one of us both prior and during your trip! Ciao : )
Exploring the Roman environs: Two ways to explore the Region around Rome:
1) The apartment is conveniently located at 0.6 miles from the Tiburtina train Station + the Piazzale Tiburtino Bus Terminal: From there you can reach many destinations in a short time. Assisi, Spoleto, Siena, Arezzo, Florence, Pompeii, Naples are all easy day trips. Feeling like tasting the roman wines of Castelli Romani (the hill towns to the East of the city)? Get to the Termini train Station (a 5 min underground ride from Piazza Bologna) and catch one of the trains for Frascati, famous for its light white wines and restaurants. We also highly recommend a visit to the coast and the ancient Roman harbor of Ostia Antica and/or a visit of Tivoli and its marvelous Hadrian Villa and Villa d'Este. All of these destinations are very easily reached by public transportation.
2) Planning to further explore the regions of Northern Lazio, Umbria and Tuscany? Our family also rents two villas ideally located at the intersection of the three regions: - properties #40169 and #3495425hb on VRBO OR #115470 and #3495425 on HomeAway.
vrbo #40169 OR vrbo3495425
We are two sisters. Anna lives in the US, and Alessandra in Italy.
We rent directly our family properties: We both speak English, and you can direct your questions to either one of us, both prior to your trip, and during your stay.
In addition to this apartment in Rome we also rent our countryside villas at the boundary between Umbria and Tuscia. Please check our other listings: HomeAway #115470 and ##3495425
vrbo40169 or vrbo #3495425
Anna purchased this apartment in 1950
The apartment has been in our family and well loved since it was built in the early 1950s.
All the availability and ease of communication offered by rental agencies based in the US, plus the knowledge and personal touch of dealing directly with the owners.
Looking forward to meeting you. Ciao!
Anna e Alessandra
"A comfortable retreat in a bustling city"
We (couple, child and grandparent) stayed four nights in this wonderful apartment in a lovely residential neighborhood and quickly came to feel like it was our private oasis in an otherwise bustling city. From the very first contact, the sisters (one in us, one in Rome) who provide the apartment were helpful, giving us lots of information and making the process quite simple.
We were met at the apartment after a quick and inexpensive cab ride from the main Rome train station by alessandra, who showed us around the apartment, explained all of the systems, keys, etc, and made us feel very welcome, including a gift of local wine and pastries!
The apartment has two bedrooms that easily slept the four of us, with a living/dining room, a sizable, traditional, eat-in kitchen, and a full bathroom, complete with washing machine. The entire place is decorated in typical Roman style and feels comfortable and homey, but with important modern amenities like fast, wireless Internet access. Our favorite spot was the balcony with a table and comfortable chairs where we ate breakfast each day and enjoyed the summer's evenings with a drink to unwind after our days of sightseeing.
The apartment is quite close to stores, restaurants and cafés and is just about a 10 minute walk to the closest Metro station, Bologna. There were a few small grocery stores that sold all we needed to cook at home a few times, and take-away pizza and other treats were close-by as well.
This apartment is a perfect spot away from the hordes of tourists, where you feel much more a part of a Roman neighborhood. It is quiet and private, yet just minutes away from the excitement of Rome. Perfect for couples or families.
We loved the apartment , the size of apartment was bigger then we imagined. The kitchen was great ,well equipped
and loved the windows looking over the community. The area had everything right there all kinds of shops , close to the metro, bus,and train station . Good coffee shop right down the street , building was quite , apartment very clean and had some beautiful things in it. The bed was comfortable , the balcony was a great place to sit out
after a long day of touring the city of Rome . Good place to come home to at the end of the day .
Thank you for sharing your apartment with us . It was great , would love to return someday
British Columbia Canada
What a fantastic apartment! We just returned from spending a week in Anna & Alessandra's apartment in Rome. The apartment is located in a quiet residential neighborhood and is just a very short walk to the Piazza Bologna Metro Station. Additionally, you can take the Metro just one stop to the Tiburtina Station which is Rome's second largest train station to visit other Italian cities very conveniently. There is a great 24/7 grocery store with good prices about 10-15 minutes walk from the apartment. The apartment was very spacious and comfortable. We spent much time in the kitchen enjoying the views and just relaxing around the dining table. This apartment is excellent for families that are looking for good space to spread out and a place just a short way from the hustle and bustle of the more touristy neighborhoods of Rome. After spending all day visiting sites in the city center it was a pleasure to return here to relax each evening. The restaurant next door, So So, was also great and we highly recommend having a meal or two there. Alessandra met us at the apartment as planned and was quite a gracious host. We highly recommend this apartment for your visit to the Eternal City, Roma!
The apartment is lovely and large. LARGE! You can make wrong turns. Bedding was really comfortable, kitchen very cozy. Nice neighborhood with subway an easy 10 minute walk away. Had BBC on the television so was able to keep abreast of world news. Very nice restaurant right out the front door to the left called So So. Delicious! Two bathrooms also a big plus. A pretty outside balcony with table and chairs was great for a glass of wine after sightseeing. Hosts very nice and would certainly stay again.
My wife and I absolutely loved everything about our stay in Rome with Alessandra! The apartment was clean and well-appointed and in a great neighborhood away from the hustle and bustle of tourist Rome. Alessandra had great recommendations on where to eat and what to do in the vicinity and helped with instructions and maps on how to get around the neighborhood and the city. She also recommended the best Caffe for coffee in Rome and we whole-heartedly agree, and it was a one minute walk from the apartment! We highly recommend staying here and hope to be able to again very soon! Ciao!
Thank you Anna and Alessandra
We appreciate to stay in your apartment. All the information you gave us before our stay was very helpful (the cappuccino was very good at the little coffee). Thank you again to share your apartment.
Your Apartment is near from the Subway in a good area.
Property location was great! SoSo restaurant next door had amazing food daily, don't miss the lunch buffet! Market, taxi station, metro and cash machine all within walking distance. Property owners grew up in this home and have kept it in excellent condition. Owners very helpful directing us to restaruants, markets, etc. The outside patio was perfect for enjoying a relaxing glass of wine in the evening with friends. Definately would stay again, thank-you for sharing your lovely home with us.
• Our apartment is located in the central and desirable Quartiere Nomentano - Piazza Bologna, one of the neighborhoods immediately outside the old city walls. It is as close as you can get to the historic center while preserving the character of an authentic Roma neighborhood. Our area is sought after and very desirable to locals.
• 10 minutes to Colosseum + Spanish Steps from nearby Bologna METRO Station.
• Bus 61 (connecting to Piazza Barberini/ Spanish Steps) around the corner.
• An area particularly calm and quiet, but within easy reach from all of the destinations of Rome.
• In our neighborhood you will find many small shops, supermarkets and open-air markets.
• Monuments at few minutes distance: Start the morning jogging in the neighborhood park of Villa Torlonia, or with a visit to the catacombs of Saint Agnes or the Roman polychrome mosaics of Saint. Costanza.
• Close to the Tiburtina Station and Bus terminal for easy day trips to Florence or Siena.
• But how far are we from the main sites?
We are at 2.7 miles walking distance from both the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain. So, yes, you can reach the historic center on foot, if you choose to. But either bus or metro subway access are available too.
Other Activities: Shopping
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
RULES OF THE HOUSE
-Fee/Damage Deposit: The fee and damage deposit are set according to the reservation made through HomeAway.
-Additional Persons/Replacements: No guests, pets, or creatures of any kind other than the humans identified in the booking. If Guest would like to change the details of an accepted reservation, (i.e. add a guest, which may incur additional charge) this will be requested by contacting Host via email.
-Absolutely no parties with non-renting guests. Should we find any violations to this clause, it is totally up to our discretion to ask you to vacate the house.
-Included: Water, electricity and heating; Wireless Internet connection; bed and bath linens; Final cleaning and one weekly cleaning and change of linens for stays of multiple weeks. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary appliances and utensils, including dish-washer and an Italian moka coffee maker (stovetop). Host presents the Italian traditions and uses, and therefore drip coffee makers, toasters or microwave ovens are not provided.
-Additionally requested cleaning services (10 euro/hour) – Paid by Guest directly to the provider(s) at the time of services.
-Telephone: Guest agrees to put any calls made from the property telephone land line on a pre-paid calling card.
-Anything else not specifically included in the description of the house.
-The cost of any unpaid extras and eventual telephone charges will be deducted from the Security Deposit, if the correct amount is not left in cash on departure.
-Host/Guest Responsibilities: Host and Guest agree to fulfill their respective responsibilities as described on the HomeAway website with the additions and modifications included in this Agreement.