|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
If you are looking for a cozy getaway than THIS is the PLACE for you. Escape to this charming, cozy swiss mountain chalet nestled in the woods and located just 5 minutes from downtown Blowing Rock and Applachain Ski Resort. Private neighboorhood, serene setting, and Blue Ridge Parkway close by.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the stunning view of Grandfather Mountain from the chalet deck. Dine outside on the propane gas grill and patio table and watch the sunset in the horizon.
Recently renovated and fully furnished, the chalet sleeps 6 with 1 bath, small fully stocked kitchen with full size fridge, small oven, wood burning Fireplace. Very nice decorations with a mountain feel. Parking for 2 vehicles.
Sure to please all. Make your memorable vacation here!!!!
Keywords: Cozy chalet nestled in the woods with an incredible view of Grandfather Mountain from the deck. Private serene setting. Conviently located off hwy 321 in Blowing Rock
Born and raised in South Louisiana and still reside there. We work with each and every renter on an individual basis. We strive to make sure that we exceed renter expectations
Melanie Mayeux purchased this chalet in 2004
Extremely beautiful area and a great location
Close to Blowing Rock and Boone.
Fantastic view of Grandfather Mountain. Cozy, Peaceful,quiet and serene setting.
This chalet was cozy and in a perfect location for visiting Blowing Rock. We were less than 5 minutes from downtown but had a beautiful though limited view of the mountains because of the trees. It was perfect for my daughter and I and our two dogs, and we loved that we didn't have to leave our furry friends behind. We had everything we needed in the kitchen. The owner was very helpful when we called after locking ourselves out of the cabin. On the flip side, this place is in need of some work. The deck and stairs to the yard below are very worn. Part of the decking was loose. The towels smelled very musty, likely because it has been very hot and humid, and the AC is turned off when no one is using the cabin. The rooms are tiny. It was fine for two, but I would not recommend it for a larger group.
Amazing what all fits into this small place! three bedrooms, full bath, living room, kitchen (and grill on the deck), washer/dryer. Deck faces mountain so it was nice having breakfast every morning out there on the deck. Kitchen seems to have everything! Do bring coffee (there is a coffee maker and filters and all utensils, plates, pots, pans etc.). That was one thing I forgot to bring. Although they have central AC, there are ac units in each room! Very quiet. Bring your 4-wheel drive as there are steep hills to get there and the chalet property has a very steep gravel hill.
We would certainly rent again as it is close to everything! 5 minutes to Blowing Rock Main Street and 15 minutes to downtown Boone. Blowing rock is a bit pricey/high end...Boone is cheaper (college / bohemian town) for food, shopping and antiques
I stayed for four nights in July 2016. Overall a wonderful cabin with everything needed for a great stay. If you are heading to the Blowing Rock/Boone area do not pass up a chance to stay here!
1. The shower is not meant for tall people. I am 5'9" and had to duck down to shower. Those taller will be uncomfortable taking a shower.
2. A circuit tripped while I was out. I had two A/Cs on and my laptop plugged in. I would imagine with more stuff plugged in it would happen again. Only happened once and was not a deal breaker nor affected my stay much.
1. The cabin is on top of a huge mountain, this gives great views but the driveway is very steep and tough to navigate. By the end of the week I was pro but without a back-up camera or someone assisting it would be a bit more difficult. With snow on the ground I would not attempt without 4WD.
2. As mentioned in a previous post, the pillows were not very hard. This is more a personal preference but if you like bigger pillows I suggest bringing your own. This is a personal preference so I'm not going to discount the property.
3. Getting up to the loft is a bit difficult due to the spiral staircase. I would not trust very young children to use the stairs
1. All linens and towels provided makes packing a lot easier.
2. Kitchen supplies well stocked - all the pots, pans, utensils, etc. I cooked all my breakfasts and lunches and was never short on pots/pans. There is also a supply of spices in case you forget something. The stove top also heats up very quickly.
3. Wifi- While it is a getaway it was handy for checking emails (~3 mpbs)
4. Location - Less than 10 minutes to downtown Blowing Rock and about 15 minutes to downtown Boone. Also minutes from countless parks and hiking trails.
5. The view - nothing better than sitting on the porch eating breakfast with a gorgeous view of the mountain
As my title suggests I would not hesitate to stay here again. Clean, well stocked, isolated but minutes from downtown. I would suggest this cabin to anyone.
My husband, myself, and our 20lb beagle puppy just returned from our weekend getaway. We had a great time exploring blowing rock and boone. The chalet was perfectly located, just a couple minutes away from boone and blowing rock. The deck could use some work (the swing was not very stable), the front door and the back door should (in my opinion) have a dead bolt, and the bathroom was very small. Since I am short, the shower was fine for me, but my 6'0 husband, the shower was his least favorite. The mattress upstairs needs to be replaced, as do the pillows. Upon exiting, we were asked to strip the linen, and i noticed how old the pillows and mattress were. Also, there needs to be a curtain or something on the window upstairs. We slept upstairs rather than downstairs bc i did not feel safe since there wasn't a dead bolt on either doors downstairs. The driveway is very steep. You should probably back into the driveway or park on the street. We learned that after the first night as my husband tried to turn around in the driveway and we ALMOST got stuck. However, we took his Subaru wrx AWD and we were out in no time.
Melanie, the lady we communicated with before and during our stay, seemed to keep us waiting for everything. since our trip was last minute, we left very late and had a 5 hour drive to this destination, and 3 hours after leaving our house, she sent us our key code. My credit card was processed early morning, but no email/text about the keycode. I called and text, no reply for hours. So i was definitely worried about being scammed and not having a place to stay when we arrived. The satelitte tv stopped working after a day, and we text her and didn't hear from her until 5-6 hours later. it seemed to me like she had other things to deal with rather than the people giving her business.
I am giving this a 4* because aside from the few minor complaints, we had a really great time. It was a clean and inviting chalet and I would definitely recommend this to anyone that is looking for a quick getaway with their spouse, family, or friends.
My husband and three boys (15, 12 and 7) stayed here for a week this summer. We were pleasantly surprised at the clever use of space in this chalet! The boys loved the loft bedroom up the winding staircase and the two other bedrooms downstairs made for plenty of room for all of us! The deck has a beautiful view of Grandfather Mtn to enjoy and we had fun using the firepit in the yard below the deck. We were literally right around the corner from Blowing Rock and you can hear the Tweetsie train blow when you are outside of the chalet, which was really neat! The pictures here don't do the cabin justice really, it is decorated very quaintly and it is very clean! We enjoyed our stay and look forward to another visit!
Nestled in the woods just off Hwy 321. Private serene location. Minutes to downtown Blowing Rock, Appl Ski resort and the parkway
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 1 2016 - Mar 15 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$100|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.