About the property
- Apartment2152 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay5 nights
Apartment, 3 Bedrooms + Den, 3.5 Baths (Sleeps 6-8)
Located in the exclusive residential area of Castillogrande, Edificio Plaza del Mar is one of the most luxurious and newest building in Cartagena, in front of a quiet sandy beach , providing peace, tranquility and relaxation you will enjoy this newly built apartment which is only 8 minutes drive from the historic Old City and its lively nightlife, fine restaurants, museums...
From the 17th floor and its 180 degrees view terrace facing the Ocean and Tierra Bomba Island , you can watch cruises and cargo boats coming into the Port of Cartagena right in front of you .This 3 Bedrooms apartment, has all amenities and has been equipped with new, modern, elegant and comfortable furniture. It's private and panoramic elevator leads you to its private entrance and living room with its open kitchen and dining room (table sits 8). A den with sliding door separating from the living room has a sofa bed and half bathroom .
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 15, 2018
About Armelle Velez
I am French , living in Mexico . My husband is Colombian .
Armelle Velez purchased this Apartment in 2010
Why Armelle Velez chose Castillogrande
We often go to Colombia and hope to retire there . Have this beautiful apartment in Cartagena but do not have time enough to enjoy it as much as we would like
What makes this Apartment unique
The apartment has this very relaxing and incredible open view to the ocean and cargo and cruisers coming into Cartagena Port , in a very quiet , modern residential neighborhood . You can enjoy the jacuzzi on the terrace , go to the beach in front ,and at night you can get in 8 minutes to Old Cartagena and its wonderful restaurants and night life with romantic atmosphere !
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Fantastic property located on the Castillo Granda peninsula.
Panoramic views of the beach , Caribbean, and Terrabomba Island. This expansive property has great common areas both inside and out, allowing gatherings with the entire family. Air conditioning in bedrooms kept them cooled for great sleeping. And having Maribelle available to assist was a great bonus. The apartment was very clean and well maintained. I would definely visit Cartegena again and would certainly stay at Plaza Del Mar again!
Very nice place, safe and nice building. Maribel was great! She was attentive and made surw our requests were met. Would come back.
1 Amazing Week in Cartagena!
This apartment is more beautiful and amazing in person. We have a wonderful time. We were a group of 8 (6 adults, 2 children) and we had plenty of room. The pool over looking the ocean was beautiful. We were literally right across from the beach and the front desk and office staff were very attentive. This apartment has a maid/service person who was very friendly and trustworthy. She helped us out with advice and the food she cooked was delicious. The owner was very attentive and followed up with us periodically to ensure we were satisfied with the apartment. We'll definitely stay here again in the future!!!
Thank you very much for your good comments ! I am always very pleased to know my guests had a good time and enjoyed my place ! I hope You come back soon !
This apartment is amazing!!
I can only say it in one word...amazing!!! The apartment is beautiful, the view is unbelievable. It feels like a being on a deluxe hotel with the luxury of the privacy. I absolutely recommend it!!! Thank you to the owners for making our stay the best!!
Good apartment and some bad timing
In general we like the apartment. The description was good and the pictures did match the reality. But unfortunate some things did not went as planed. We had only one Spanish speaking person with us. But lets start with the good things:
- The housekeeper (Maribel) was amazing. She is very nice and cooks very well.
- The pictures are good and correct. There were no surprises when we entered the apartment.
- The environment of the apartment is nice. The beach is in front of the house and the view from the balcony is also good. There are quite some construction sites around, but most of them are not in the direct view.
Things that could have went better:
- No one in the building speaks English apart from Armelle, but she is not at the building (the landlady). You need a Spanish speaking person.
- On our first day, we made a cultural mistake. Apparently if Maribel cooks for you, you leave her something of the food. We did not know that. That is different in Europe. That info would have been quite useful.
- When we arrived the little pool on the balcony was not running. Some paint needed to dry. It took one week till is was working. No one said a word about that when we arrived and we did not understand why the works on the pool could not have been started and finished earlier.
- Suddenly the big pool was shut down too. They did maintenance work on the wood. No one told us about that and Armelle said, that they told her, the work should have been done before we arrived.
- Suddenly the main water supply of the building was shut down. They had some broken pipes somewhere in the building and needed to fix that. In total we had no water for 4 days. Not in a row, but from time to time it was gone. The communication by the workers of the building was bad. It was slow and most of the time inaccurate.
- The temperature at the bunk bed was very high. Either there was no AC or it was broken. I was not sure about that.
- An hour after we arrived the Internet stopped working. It took a week till a technical arrived, but in the mean time it stated working again, though we had not changed anything. At least we got access to a WIFI at the pool.
In total, we were not happy with the communication. It was hard to get information. I know that many things are not Armelles fault, but we would have expected better communication and some kind of compensation. But nothing like that happened.
I don't expect that any other visitor will have a stay like we did, but I
I feel very sorry for all the unexpected problems Timo and his family met during their stay.They really had bad luck , we had a problem with the internet and the internet company came one week later, nevertheless they could get connection in the pool area , so they never stayed unconnected .
A water pipe broke and all building stayed without water a few hours during 2 or 3 days and it took some time to fix the problem . All that time , i did my best to communicate with them although I do not live in Cartagena , I was talking by phone and whatsapp with Timo and our maid Maribel , to inform them what was going on . And I know Maribel was helping a lot
I must mention it was the first time I received European people and since Timo mentioned their "cultural mistake " with Maribel I added a note in my instructions and recommendations that in Latin America when you have a maid it is normal that if she prepares meals , you would leave her something to eat . This is not obligation , but a custom .
There is no AC in the 4th room with bunk beds , that is why the apartment is advertised as a 3 bedrooms apartment, and Maximum capacity is 8 people . Timo and his family were 8 adults 2 babys and one extra person came for 2 nights and I did not ask for any extra charge for that , I think the price of the apartment is very fair for the number of people this is why I did not gave any compensation for the inconvenience they met during their stay . And then again I did my best to communicate and translate with them all the time .
Additional information about rental rates
No single men parties allowed ! This is a residential building , therefore we expect that our guests will behave correctly and respect the neighbors in the commun areas like pool, gym etc .(loud music, radios , TV , music groups and alcoholic beverages are forbidden in the pool) . No noise or loud music on the terrace after 12AM For security reasons,no visitors can be allowed which are not announced before arrival.