|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Romantic Post and Beam Barn converted to a modern residence. Cathedral ceilings, skylights, stream runs under front deck. Beautiful, wooded, two acres with sunny side lawn. Adjacent to 200 acres watershed conservation area. Walk to reservoir and pond. Berkshire rental; Stockbridge rental.
* Bedroom One - King Bed - Main level
* Bedroom Two - Two twin beds and double - Main Level
* Bedroom Three - Queen Bed - Main level
* Bedroom Four - One Twin Bed - Main Level (This is off the Master Bedroom, and must be accessed through the Master bedroom)
* There is also a sectional pullout sofa in the walkout basement
* Great room, dining room, and kitchen on second floor
Some non-shedding pets permitted, ask owner for permission.
Keywords: Berkshires, Home, stockbridge, property, barn, tanglewood, ski, lake
The Stockbridge Barn house is very conveniently located to downtown Stockbridge and the surrounding Berkshires communities. Overall the house was great for a group of 7 people like we had. A few dated finishes in the bathrooms etc. I agree with one of the other reviewers that at the price for the house, which was a good deal, washing your own sheets is not "the norm" for VRBO. In any event, we would come again. Thanks!
The property was as described. It was clean and had plenty of room for the 5 of us. The beds were made and the kitchen was well stocked.. Considering the cost I don't think we should have been required to spend our vacation time washing linens and towels. That should be a service provided. I would recommend this property preferably when you don't need air conditioning. The air conditioning is only in the bedrooms and the units in the bedrooms are so loud it's hard to go to sleep. The owner is very responsive and helpful. As in past trips we enjoyed the beach nearby, trip to Williamstown theater and Tanglewood.
This house was perfect for our family get-together (six in all, three couples). As other reviews suggest, the house is well laid out for this kind of grouping and the many windows on the second floor give a tree-house experience. There is a beautiful walk to a pond nearby and also easy access to some great restaurants and, for the fall, terrific apple picking.
I booked this place for my family and myself to stay for a weekend wedding in the area. This place is awesome! Well furnished and comfortable. We had a great time.
Our family, eight adults & two young grandchildren, had a wonderful weekend at the Romantic Barn to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday in early December. The layout of the house is so unique - it's fun, spacious and yet cozy at the same time. The living room area with the centrally located open hearth was perfect and the furniture was comfortable and accommodated our entire family. Bedrooms were comfortable and well-furnished. The dining room area accommodated everyone at the table comfortably and the room itself was spacious. We prepared our meals throughout the weekend and found the kitchen was quite adequate and had the essential tools to get the job done. Mother nature provided the winter landscape that gave us many beautiful pictures and fond memories to take home with us. Our overall experience was simply wonderful. We would definitely stay at the Romantic Barn again. I'm grateful to the owner and HomeAway as the booking process and implementation was easy and dependable.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
• Check in time is 3pm or later on the arrival date. Check out time is 10:30am or earlier on the departure date. Early arrival or late departure times may be possible, subject to availability, charges may be applicable.
• The property may only be occupied by up to 8 people. No pets are allowed. No smoking allowed.
• It may be necessary for the owners to enter the premises in order to perform routine maintenance or repairs, or for showing to prospective renters. Sub-leasing by the renter is prohibited.
• The security deposit will be used to cover extra accommodation costs, late departure, loss or damage to the rental property in excess of normal wear and tear during the period of rental. It is important to follow the simple cleaning rules on the house info sheet.
• The property should be left clean and undamaged. If the property is not left in a suitable condition, it may be necessary to charge the security deposit for costs to cover extra cleaning.
• Any international telephone toll calls not made on a credit card or calling card will be charged to the security deposit. Guests will be notified within 40 days of any deductions will be made from the deposit. Security deposit will be returned in 40 days.
- The owners accept no responsibility or liability for loss of personal items while staying in the property, or after departure. Parents must at all times, supervise children when near the stream or outdoors..
The owners accept no responsibility or liability for failure of equipment in the rental property. After notification of equipment failure, the owners will rectify the problem in a reasonable and timely manner.
-All cancellations must be received in writing and are subject to the following penalties:
-16 weeks or more before arrival date = 50% of rental amount
-10 weeks or less before arrival date = 100% of rental amount
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Skiing, Swimming lake one mile