HELLO, and welcome to my home in San Francisco! My name is Rob and I live in this spacious, sunny Edwardian flat smack in the center of SF. For more info about me, check out my profile.
Note that I live here year round, but occasionally I rent out the apt while I'm traveling.
My expansive 2,000 ft2 / 190 m2 (some have called it oddly large) flat sits alone on the top of a 3 unit building. The location is right in the center of San Francisco, in a cool neighborhood called NOPA. Within a few blocks of my place you'll find great cafes, new restaurants, and quirky bars PLUS lots of parks, including Alamo Square, the Panhandle and Golden Gate Park (all within 5-10 min walk).
-- THE APARTMENT --
* 2 BR / 2 Full Baths with tubs and showers
* PLUS - one high-quality / firm inflatable mattresses
* High ceilings and beautiful white oak hardwood floors throughout
* Huge (350 ft2 / 33 m2) master bedroom with queen bed, walk-in closet, a separate sitting area with couch, and views of Buenva Vista park and twin peaks
* Large 2nd bedroom (230 ft2 / 21 m2) with queen bed and walk-in closet
* Huge living room / dinning room with 6 bay windows affording tons of natural light and views of classic victorian buildings
* New HE washing machine and gas heated dryer
* Potential for one parking space in garage for small vehicle (check with me first)
-- THE KITCHEN --
* The kitchen is fully stocked (dishes, silverware, glasses, etc)
* Gourmet stainless steel cookware and cutlery
* Gas range/oven, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, and Cuisinart food processor
* Eat-in breakfast nook perfect for 2 - 3
-- APT LAYOUT --
The apt is very expansive, affording privacy even for big groups. In the rear half of the apt is the master bedroom, the 1st bath and separate laundry room. In the front half sits the kitchen, the 2nd bedroom, 2nd bath and the massive living room/ dining room.
-- THE LOCATION --
* Very central, accessible location at Golden Gate Ave and Baker St. Get to anywhere in the city for less than $15 using Uber or Lyft (ride sharing apps)
* Quiet residential street with a good mix of young families and singles
* 4 blocks from the famous seven Painted Ladies and Alamo Square park
* 5 blocks from the Panhandle of Golden Gate park
* Great of bars, restaurants and cafes all within an easy walk
* Seven (7) bus lines all within 5 blocks or less, including the MUNI 5, 21, 22, 24, 31, 38 and 43, providing access to virtually all of SF by bus.
-- WHY NOPA --
I love the NOPA/Alamo Square neighborhood because of its central location and its easy-going vibe. It has a great mix of young families, hipsters and professionals, and it's quite safe. I also love seeing new retail (BiRite!), restaurants and bars open up all the time here. The area is still in the midst of a great renaissance!
Great public transportation options are here as well, with several bus routes within 5 blocks or less, including the 5, 21, 22, 24, 31, 38 and 43 MUNI lines (yes, 7 different bus lines!). These can take you virtually to any part of the city.
Keywords: Alamo Square, Painted Ladies, USF, North Panhandle, NOPA, St Mary's, Hayes Valley, Cole Valley, Golden Gate Park, Haight Ashbury, Lower Pacific Heights, Western Addition, UCSF Medical Center, The Presidio