|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Eu falo português y hablo español tambien.
HELLO, and welcome to my home in San Francisco! My name is Rob and I live in this spacious, 3-bedroom apt smack in the center of SF. For more info about me, check out my profile.
Note that I live here year round, but occasionally I rent out the apt while I'm traveling.
My expansive 2,000 sq ft/ 190 sqm (some have called it oddly large) flat sits alone on the top of a 3 unit building. The location is right in the center of San Francisco, in a cool neighborhood called NOPA. Within a few blocks of my place you'll find great cafes, new restaurants, and quirky bars PLUS lots of parks, including Alamo Square, the Panhandle and Golden Gate Park (all within 10 min walk).
-- THE APARTMENT --
* 2 BR / 2 Full Baths with tubs and showers
* PLUS - two high quality inflatable mattresses
* High ceilings and beautiful white oak hardwood floors throughout
* Huge 400 sqft master bedroom with queen bed, 6' X 8' walk-in closet, a separate sitting area with couch, and views of Buenva Vista park and twin peaks
* Large 2nd bedroom with queen bed and 4' X 6' walk-in closet
* Huge living room / dinning room with 6 bay windows affording tons of natural light and views of classic victorian buildings
* New HE washing machine and gas heated dryer
* Potential for one parking space in garage (check with me first)
* Patio/garden terrace with 2 BBQ grills
-- THE KITCHEN --
* The kitchen is fully stocked (dishes, silverware, glasses, etc)
* Gourmet stainless steel cookware and cutlery
* Gas range/oven, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, and Cuisinart food processor
* Eat-in breakfast nook perfect for 2 - 3
-- APT LAYOUT --
The apt is very expansive, affording privacy even for big groups. In the rear half of the apt is the master bedroom, the 1st bath and separate laundry room. In the front half sits the kitchen, the 2nd bedroom, 2nd bath and the massive living room/ dining room.
-- THE LOCATION --
* Very central, accessible location at Golden Gate Ave and Baker St. Get to anywhere in the city for less than $15 using Uber or Lyft (ride sharing apps)
* Quiet residential street with a good mix of young families and singles
* 4 blocks from the famous seven Painted Ladies and Alamo Square park
* 5 blocks from the Panhandle of Golden Gate park
* Great of bars, restaurants and cafes all within an easy walk
* Seven (7) bus lines all within 5 blocks or less, including the MUNI 5, 21, 22, 24, 31, 38 and 43, providing access to virtually all of SF by bus.
-- WHY NOPA --
I love the NOPA/Alamo Square neighborhood because of its central location and its easy-going vibe. It has a great mix of young families, hipsters and professionals, and it's quite safe. I also love seeing new retail (BiRite!), restaurants and bars open up all the time here. The area is still in the midst of a great renaissance!
Great public transportation options are here as well, with several bus routes within 5 blocks or less, including the 5, 21, 22, 24, 31, 38 and 43 MUNI lines (yes, 7 different bus lines!). These can take you virtually to any part of the city.
Keywords: Alamo Square, Painted Ladies, USF, North Panhandle, NOPA, St Mary's, Hayes Valley, Cole Valley, Golden Gate Park, Haight Ashbury, Lower Pacific Heights, Western Addition, UCSF Medical Center, The Presidio
My name is Rob and I am an explorer at heart. I've lived all over the US, (NY, Connecticut, Alabama, Georgia, DC, Virginia, Michigan), but have made my home in San Francisco for many years. I'm a social guy, love hanging out with friends, and am fortunate to have traveled and lived in many diverse places.
I have a real passion for budget travel, and I've explored many parts of Asia, Europe and Latin America, and actually spent a couple of years living in Brazil (which by the way has totally killed my spoken Spanish, but I do still understand the language).
Besides travel, my other passions include music, food, international affairs and generally being outside.
My ideal guests are people who are conscientious, respectful and clean. I love it when people stay at my place and treat it as if it were there own home.
Thanks for taking the time to read my profile. I look forward to hosting and helping you make the most of your time in San Francisco.
Rob purchased this condo in 2007
I love the NOPA/Alamo Square neighborhood because of its central location and its easy-going vibe. It has a great mix of young families, hipsters and professionals, and it's quite safe. I also love seeing new retail (BiRite!), restaurants and bars open up all the time here. The area is in the midst of a great renaissance!
I want all my guests to have an amazing experience in San Francisco. So in addition to the great peace and comfort you will enjoy in my flat, I am here to help make your trip memorable with suggested itineraries and locals-only tips for making the most of your vacation -- especially should you share my passion for music! Also, since I travel a lot, I have a pair of property managers who live next door should you ever need anything during your stay.
"We are a mature Australian couple who stayed here for 6 weeks in April/May 2011 and found the apt. to very comfortable and in a great location, as we are big walkers. We loved the spaciousness of the apt. - it felt like a small house. It was very nicely decorated with good quality furnishings. Lots of natural light and lovely hardwood floors. Rob, the owner, is very accommodating and welcoming. Would definately stay here again."
My family of four stayed at this NoPa apartment. It was so comfortable. Plenty of room to spread out. Comfortable beds and couches. Easy to use kitchen. We relied on public transportation. There were multiple bus lines within easy walking distance. The apartment was so nice to come home to after days of walking and sight seeing. The owner left a great list of neighborhood recommendations for groceries, coffee, restaurants, etc. This was a great, central location and we look forward to staying here again.
My wife, 4 kids (9, 7, 5 and 1.5 years old) and I rented the apartment while we were in San Francisco for 5 days. Below are the pros and cons about the apartment and owner.
- We arrived two hours early and Rob allowed us to go in early
- Clean and well maintained
- Lots of sun light
- Air mattresses available
- Dryer was out of order. This was most disappointing since we should have been told of the issue so we can bring extra cloth for the kids. Rob allowed us to use the 1st floor laundry room but since we're on the 3rd floor running up/down to do laundry wasn't an option. We ended up re-wearing our cloth.
- Garage opening is too small for a minivan. We have a 2012 Honda Odyssey and we can't enter the garage without closing both side mirrors. In addition you have to back into the garage else your front bumper will rub the bottom. This is not an issue if you have a smaller vehicle.
- Either the tenant under us were too sensitive or the floors are thinner at this apt because we got complains from the people under us when we haven't at other places we've stayed. The kids played the provided Jenga game and when the pieces fell we got a few knocks from the tenant below telling we were too loud. Not wanting to disturb them my wife and I found ourselves yelling at the kids not to craw or run the entire time we were there. They wanted to play the provided Twister game but we didn't let them. That makes it uncomfortable for the kids too. This may not be an issue is you don't have kids.
Overall I would give it 3.5 Stars but since that option is not available I would have to give it 3.
My wife and I are one a quest to get our boys to every major league park before they complete high school. We chose to stay at Rob's place for our San Francisco and Oakland excursion. Rob was very attentive to all of our needs from the very beginning. Almost immediately after selecting our dates Rob contacted me via email to offer many ideas and suggestions for things to do in the Bay Area. He is a wealth of knowledge and provided me with some great places to see some live music. Rob phoned me on the day of our arrival to make sure we had landed, to make sure we didn't have any questions, and to offer his assistance for any other issues. Upon our arrival, we found the apartment to be everything that was described and more. We found the location of Rob's apartment to be superb and having a place to park was an excellent amenity. There were many things to do within walking distance. The beds were comfortable and the kitchen contained most everything you would find in a standard kitchen. If you're looking for a slice of what it's like to really live in a city look no further than Rob's apartment. After five days of living in San Francisco, it was somewhat difficult for our family to leave.
This was our first time renting an apartment rather than a hotel in San Francisco and because of the outstanding experience we will do it again on our next visit. What made it so satisfying was the owner and property manager, two super hosts who made sure we were comfortable each step of the way. We and another couple stayed five nights and the apartment is perfectly setup for this, two large bedrooms and separate bathrooms at each end of the large apartment. A full kitchen setup and laundry room make it convenient for meals and washing clothes if needed. In addition to the tastefully decorated apartment there is also an available parking space in the garage which is a great amenity if you drive to The City. It's a quiet neighborhood with some nice neighborhood restaurants within a short walking distance. I grew up four blocks away and it was great seeing the old neighborhood and how it had changed in 60 years. The apartment was clean and well maintained. We were greeted by a nice bottle of red wine from the owner and when we had a question the property manager was quick to respond, wishing us a comfortable stay. The apartment has a very effective heating system, if needed. We didn't use it because we had some fabulous sunny days during our trip and the apartment seemed to be well insulated and maintained a comfortable temperature during a couple of foggy evenings and one rainy morning which captured the essence of SF. I highly recommend this rental especially for two traveling couples who want to be together but also like some separation. The apartment is ideal for this arrangement. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer owner and property manager that provide superior customer service for their guests. It's on our destination list for future SF visits.
This is an ideal location in NOPA. It was clean, well-stocked and lovely. Richard, the manager, couldn't have been more helpful.
We would definitely consider a return visit!
The four of us -- two couples -- stayed at Rob?s place for a week and had a fantastic time in San Fran!
Rob and his property manager Leslie were unbelievably responsive and helpful in giving us information and doing everything they could to make our stay simply wonderful!
My fiance and I had planned a City Hall wedding as part of the week?s festivities. Rob and Leslie helped with all kinds of details, from recommending restaurants to hair stylists to florists. Our wedding day was perfect!
Rob also has a terrific guestbook with all kinds of savvy recommendations for visitors, including a good range of restaurant and food options within easy walking distance.
The location of Rob?s apartment is ideal -- easy access to everything you?d want in San Fran but tucked away in a quiet neighborhood that provides great respite after a day?s sightseeing.
The apartment itself is wonderfully spacious and perfect for two couples, as the bedrooms are miles apart and each has an adjacent full bath. The apartment was clean and ready for us when we arrived!
When we return to San Francisco, we?ll be getting in touch with Rob again!
There are an unlimited number of things to do in San Francisco, but I love the music scene and the access to the great outdoors!
FOR MUSIC -- If you're a live music fan, the world famous Fillmore Auditorium is just a 10 minute walk downhill, or you can go to The Independent, a mere 5 blocks away for some of the best independent music in San Francisco. Also, the Symphony, Ballet and Opera houses are a quick 10 minute bus ride on the #21 MUNI bus.
FOR EXERCISE -- Golden Gate Park is just FIVE blocks away, and is the perfect place for running, biking, walking, etc. Plus, there are dozens of yoga and Pilates studios within an easy walk. And, an excellent lap swimming pool and gym is located just a few blocks at The Koret Center. A morning/weekend pass there costs only $78 for a 15 visits.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $30 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
|Property Damage Protection||$79|
$25/person/night for groups over 2.