About the property
- Condo900 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
1 bedroom ocean view at HANALEI BAY RESORT
Come experience the most spectacular views with luxury accommodations. Mountains rise out of the sparkling bay. Palm trees sway like hula dancers in the balmy, plumeria-scented breeze. Welcome to Hanalei Bay Resort, a magical spot on Kauai’s North Shore where the island scenery is complemented by spacious accommodations and attentive service.
Meandering across 22 acres, Hanalei Bay Resort brings the best of Kauai right to your doorstep. Step outside to take in the ocean air, wander through the resort’s lush tropical gardens, or stroll down to the beach at Hanalei Bay. The Wailua River and Napali Coast are just a short drive from the resort, and our friendly concierge team is here to help you plan your excursions.
**The resort charges a $20/day resort fee at checkout***
MY UNITS ARE CUSTOMIZABLE: UNITS 8131/8132 CAN BE RENTED TOGETHER FOR A 2 BEDROOM OR SEPARATELY ONE BEDROOM OR STUDIO. EMAIL ME FOR PRICES AND DATES. PLEASE SEE VRBO 1024760 FOR THE OTHER UNIT.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
About Wade Elliott
We are adventure seekers and surfers in southern California who love to spend time with our wives and families on Kauai.
Wade Elliott purchased this Condo in 2016
Why Wade Elliott chose Princeville
We have been vacationing on the Islands for years and found that the north shore of Kauai is the most perfect place for us to buy a condo. We enjoy all of the outdoor activities like surfing, hiking, swimming, walking and relaxing. All we think about when we leave the island is how we can get back to Kauai.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
"Better than Advertised"
We stayed at Wade's HBR 8132 and were amazed by the location and view. The pictures don't do the place justice. We stayed 4 nights surfing, exploring, and relaxing. The condo couldn't have been better. The unit was as described, everything was new and clean. It was hard to leave the lanai after morning coffee where we could check the surf. The unit had everything we needed including a comfortable king bed and AC in every room. We didn't use the kitchen much as we chose to eat at "Happy Talk" lounge with great food and live music every night.
Can't wait to go back to Wade's unit at HBR.
Mahalo for your stay! We are pleased you enjoyed our unit. Please come back soon as we just finished remodeling the kitchen and bathrooms so now everything is brand new.
Fabulous view and accommodations!
Even better than the pictures! Super clean and stocked with everything we needed for a great trip. Thank you for sharing your piece of paradise!
Did not meet our expectations
Overall, we enjoyed our time in Princeville. Unfortunately, we were in town during the extremely heavy rain and flooding events, so we spent more time indoors rather than outdoors enjoying nature. As a result, we noticed some areas where this unit can be improved. We might not have noticed or been bothered by these issues as much if we had been able to spend more time outside the condo!
- The unit is a nice size and layout
- Beautiful view from the lanai
- Nice kitchen and in-suite laundry
- Well stocked for visits to the beach
- Great TV
- A/C worked very well
- Easy check in and check out
- Resort was happy to store our bags while we hiked and camped for a few nights prior to check in
Areas for improvement:
- Unit could have been cleaner, particularly the carpet, which looks due for replacement
- Persistent, dank odour in bathroom/shower area, with overlaying strong cleaning product smell
- There is no fan in the bathroom, which compounds the issue - no way to exhaust the humidity after showers
- Unacceptably rough and pilled fitted sheet that needs to be replaced
- Mould growing on a wicker basket in the bedroom
- Kitchen needs better knives; there were about 4 bread knives, 2 fish knives, but no chefs knives/chopping knives
Regarding the resort:
- The resort itself is beautiful. However, it was hard to figure out where our relationship with Hanalei Bay Resort started and ended since we were staying in a privately owned suite. We checked-in and were given keys and a parking pass, and paid a daily resort-fee – it made it seem like we were just like any other guest. However, we soon found out that doing anything else - such as requesting an extra roll of toilet paper, became an ordeal, where we would be lectured that it should have been the responsibility of our unit. HBR could do better in this regard.
Aloha, We hope you can come back to our Beautiful island again soon. As mentioned you came to the island during the worst rain storm/flooding in 100 years. We are sorry we could not accommodate your request to check in 2 days early as we had another guest staying. We are always appreciative of your feedback and change out linens out regularly. You can't have rainbows without rain.
Beautiful property. Well equipped.
Wonderful stay at this property at the Hanalei Bay Resort. Much larger than appears in photos. Well equipped with everything you need: plenty of towels, washer/dryer in unit, beach umbrella, chairs, cooler, boogie boards, tennis rackets, etc... Stunning views from living room and bedroom of Hanalei Bay and lush mountains. Resort well maintained with lively restaurant and waterfall pool. Short walk to beach area. Golf cart service available if needed to get to beach or car. Easy check-in/check-out by friendly staff. Quick response from owner. Highly recommend.
We really enjoyed our stay.
The unit was well equipped and clean.
The location was perfect as it had beautiful views and a lovely beach.
We will defiantly return. Hopefully sooner than later.
Stunning Mt, floral, water view Condo
We loved our stay in your very comfortable Condo unit. The ground floor gives you the opportunity to walk out and have coffee on the patio with an unobstructed view. The open air screen door in the bedroom allows for the ocean sounds to lull you to sleep. The resort provides pool, hot tub, dining, tennis, beach, etc.... The kitchen is well stocked, wifi, TV,etc. This unit has one of the best views with privacy. Loved it.