|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
- 2 night minimum, fits 6-10 people more than comfortably; discounted rates for 4 or more nights; holiday pricing may differ.
- Under a 3-hour drive from Manhattan
- From the house, it's a 10 minute drive to WINDHAM MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT, and a 30 minute drive to HUNTER MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT.
- 3 BEDROOMS
The master has a king-sized bed, the downstairs a queen bed and a queen sofa/futon bed, and the third bedroom has a trundle bed that can fit a couple or be separated into 2 twin beds.
The house will sleep more because it has...
- a high end queen size air mattress and an air compressor
- a full size couch that will sleep any adult, and a loveseat size couch with long chaise extension.
- Linens and pillows are provided for all of the above.
- 2 full bathrooms with towels provided, plus extras for the hot tub.
- Private location, no neighbors in sight or sound, huge lawns.
- A pond stocked with koi, other fish, turtles, and frogs, with a deck, pier, reclining chairs, umbrellas and tables.
- A huge fire pit by the pond less than 100 steps from the house.
- Double-sided indoor fireplace, outdoor deck fire bowl.
- Lower deck on 2 sides of the house with 6-person hot tub, 3-burner Weber grill with side saucier and all grilling tools provided, and full patio furniture (chaise lounge, a table with 6-person seating, additional chairs, and some smaller end tables).
- Upper deck attached to the master bedroom on the 2nd floor with chairs, chaise, and end table (also connects to the downstairs deck via an outdoor stairwell).
- 6-person dining table on the inside of the house, with leaves for extension.
- Full kitchen with all appliances and cookware, stocked with all cooking basics and with bar seating, new oven and dish washer.
- Open-floor plan first floor is surrounded by windows that look out on evergreen and deciduous trees (the opposite of city life).
- A 7-speaker surround sound stereo system with an iPod adapter. CD player (with lots of great CD's), VCR, 2 DVD players (with lots of great movies), 2 large flat screen TVs with satellite TV.
- Separate washer/dryer room.
- There's many more reasons to rent this place and in addition to skiing, there are plenty of other activities to do in and around Windham, including golf, the Zoom Flume, Howe Caverns, and beautiful scenic hiking.
Thank you for considering my house for your vacation!
I came here with a group of 9 for 2 nights/3 days. There was definitely not enough time to enjoy the area AND everything the house has to offer in such a short period of time! Nearby Kaaterskill falls is amazing and there are plenty of other hikes and lakes nearby. The house is in a wonderfully secluded area where everything is so quaint and pretty, but we probably could have stayed in the house all weekend and still have had a blast. The house is a perfect mixture of comfort and fun but still has a wonderfully rustic feel. We cooked all weekend and the kitchen was truly fully stocked. The fireplace, hot tub, and private lake were amazing! I'm just sad we didn't have enough time to enjoy the fire pit. Susan keeps everything well maintained and was a pleasure to deal with. I would definitely come back if I had the opportunity to do so!
This property is a perfect getaway. It is secluded enough for you to feel total privacy but is just about 10 mins from town. The property is beautiful and will please anyone who enjoys the nature and outdoors. The house is nicely set up and equipped with anything you may need. Working with Susan was a pleasure. We had a great time and I would recommend this property to anyone.
This house was the perfect way to get away from the city and spend some time in the woods! Very private and accommodating to all party sizes. We spend the first night just relaxing by the indoor fireplace and playing games. The kitchen was fully stocked with appliances and the outdoor grill let us make some awesome summer meals! Be sure to check out the pond and take a dip in the hot tub! That was great after a long day at Caterskill Falls hiking!
We wanted to take an upstate roadtrip and stayed at Susan's home for a weekend getaway, and were so pleased with everything we found. It's location was perfect for the middle of our week-long adventure, and with it's fireplace evenings, our favorite place that we stayed on this trip. The house was lovely and well-kept and clean, had everything we needed to cook delicious meals (the grill is very nice) and we loved being able to sit by the fire inside and out. We noticed that someone claimed the house had mice and cats - it is clear that the house has neither, my husband and I have allergies to many things and we didn't hear or see a single mouse. Susan was very helpful and the location is spectacular and very peaceful. We will be back!
The property is beautiful and the house is quite nice. The outdoor space is especially wonderful. We enjoyed using the hot tub and fire pit very much. The kitchen is well appointed and had everything we could possibly need. We liked the house a lot, but the beds, however, were not terribly comfortable. The master bedroom upstairs has a VERY hard mattress (some people may like that). But the downstairs "Queen Bed" is actually a futon, not a real bed, and should have said that in the in the description.
We were very impressed how well the property was maintained and the amount of things this cabin had to offer. The deck at the pond was perfect place to sip your morning coffee. The house was spacious for six people and had all the essentials you would need. The kitchen was stocked well with common silverware and plates. Susan was also very helpful and responsive with all our questions. She has air mattresses if you need more beds. If I have to pick on one thing that could have been different was mattress in the smallest bedroom. They were more of sleeper sofa quality. Other than that everything else was perfect.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
Additional $25/person/night over 8 people