About the property
- House1345 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms (1,345 sq. ft., Sleeps 4)
Go green on your next vacation and stay at this exotic 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom Ha'ena home made of highly sustainable bamboo construction inside and out.
* Stunning Na Pali coast is 5 minutes North
* Historic Hanalei Town is 10 minutes South
* Within 150 yards from Kepuhi Point and a two mile stretch of pristine beach
* Less than a mile to Tunnels beach
* Peek-a-boo ocean and mauka views
* Award-winning Mediterranean Gourmet Restaurant across the street
* Hanalei Day Spa & Na Pali Coffee Shop just steps away
* Modern décor & amenities
* Private elevator for easy access
* Treehouse-feel with tropical backdrop
* Excellent for adventure seekers
* Professionally managed and licensed vacation rental
- Hawaii GE & TAT License: W27872578-01
- Kauai TVR License: TVNC-1363
This 1,345 square foot home was imported from Vietnam and is made entirely of bamboo. Its unique construction makes it seem as though you are living in a piece of art, perched high amongst the trees.
Located in a residential neighborhood that is accessed by a private driveway shared with two homes, this property has a private residential elevator for easy access. Check out the neighborhood on Google maps located in the Links and Video section or contact us for more information.
This property provides an authentic Hawaiian vacation experience; yet has all of the modern amenities and updated décor its visitor’s may desire. It has a fully supplied kitchen, comfortable furniture, modern decor, updated bathrooms, washer and dryer and overall surroundings that will keep you relaxing at home as much as on the beach. Every room has large windows and doors on its exterior walls. The wrap around lanai stretches the perimeter of the house for spacious outdoor living.
This bamboo getaway is just across the street from a long stretch of white sand beach that extends over two miles...perfect for sunning, strolls and beach combing. Just a few minutes away are some of the best swimming and snorkeling beaches on the island, including Tunnels and Ke'e beach at the end of the road where you will find the gateway to the Kalalau Trail to start a hike of the Na Pali coast. Only a few minutes South you will find Lumahai beach where you can spend the day at the river for a truly local experience.
At the treehouse, your next outdoor adventure can start right in the neighborhood - on the beach, in the ocean, afloat the streams and rivers or on the trails of the stunning Na Pali Coast mountains. Surf, snorkel, scuba dive or swim the best beaches on the island, take a boat trip from Hanalei Town, hike the Na Pali coast, explore the local waterways by kayak or paddle board, horseback ride to beautiful waterfalls, zipline the tropical rain forest and so much more.
And after a long day exploring the great outdoors of Kauai, you can spend the rest of your day exploring the historic town of Hanalei, one of the most authentic Hawaiian villages on the island, which boasts fine restaurants, quaint boutiques, beach activities, equipment rentals as well as other popular services. You will also find the world renowned Hanalei Bay, the gorgeous half moon bay where you can swim, boogie board and surf.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 25, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Amazing five star quality property with nice amenities.
I am an Architect who designs resort properties and I LOVED this amazing house. We chose this locations for close access to the hiking trails and Napali Coast...also has close access to Hanalei.
The only thing missing from this place is a hot tub (wink wink to the owner)
I’ll be back!!
Dream come true
Have always loved this bamboo home and finally got the opportunity to stay in it. Would love to own one myself. Thank you so much, our stay was wonderful. Highly recommend this home as an amazing getaway. Adorable and love the tropical atmosphere.
Beautiful place. Would stay again.
Well maintained and well stocked. Nice kitchen. Secluded part of island but near great beaches and hiking. Some good places to eat and great shaved ice in Hanalei. Rainy part of island but perfect for a restful getaway.
Lovely unique home with accomodating owner and mgmt company
Our family visited for Thanksgiving -- we knew and appreciated the location for it's tranquility and proximity to beaches albeit we found the spectacular Hanalei beach best for our 7 year old granddaughter owing to it's modest waves versus nearby beaches which though spectacular were typical Fall/Winter bigger waves -- the home is larger than it looks and the wraparound porch is inviting. Easy to recommended.
My husband and I just loved staying at the Tropical Bamboo Hideaway! It was quiet and peaceful - exactly what we needed. This house is simply a work of art! We spent a lot of time sitting on the wraparound porch drinking our coffee and just spending time together. Thank you so much!
I love this location. It is very close to Tunnels beach, which is our favorite beach on Kauai for snorkeling.
Here are a couple of things to note. The kitchen is awesome, but the nearest grocery store is in Hanalei about 20 minutes away. So I suggest stopping for groceries on your way out to the house. There are many great restaurants in Hanalei, but only one near the house. It's across the street. Also, the house is not right on beach, so if that is important to you, you might want to book elsewhere. You CAN access the beach easily by walking across the street and through the condo area. Finally, as you can see from the pictures, the house is elevated, so take this into consideration if you have young children for safety reasons.
We loved, loved, loved staying here and would like to return some day with our family!
Super nice environment: house, grounds, location.
The house, because of all the bamboo, has a really nice architectural coherence. The wrap-around deck is great, gave our daughter the option of not having to pass under the spider's web, and the elevator was super handy for luggage and groceries on that first day. Linens, kitchen supplies, everything was really nice. And when we arrived, the place was spotless. Also Mr. Chocolate Paws, the neighborhood Siamese cat, was a fun visitor, meowing every morning outside our bedroom, and greeting us when we got home. Much aloha going on at the Bamboo Hideaway.
* Stunning Na Pali coast is 5 minutes North * Historic Hanalei Town is 10 minutes South * Within 150 yards from Kepuhi Point and a two mile stretch of pristine beach * Less than a mile to Tunnels beach * Partial ocean and mauka views * Award-winning Mediterranean Gourmet Restaurant across the street * Hanalei Day Spa & Na Pali Coffee Shop just steps away * Modern décor & amenities * Private elevator for easy access * Tree house-feel with tropical backdrop * Excellent for adventure seekers * Professionally managed and licensed vacation rental - Hawaii GE & TAT License: W27872578-01 - Kauai TVR License: TVNC-1363 Historic Hanalei Town is the most authentic Hawaiian village on the island and boasts excellent restaurants, quaint boutiques, beach activities and equipment rentals and as well as other popular services. You will also find the word renowned Hanalei Bay, the gorgeous half moon bay where you can swim, boogie board, surf and watch the sunset. At this bamboo getaway, your next outdoor adventure starts as soon as you step outside - on the beach, in the ocean, afloat the streams and rivers or on the trails of the stunning Na Pali Coast mountains. Surf, snorkel, scuba dive, swim, hike, paddle board, kayak, horseback ride and zipline. You can also go parasailing, boating, shopping, kayaking, wildlife viewing, to the spas and so much more. Golf: The closets golf courses are in Princeville, approximately 8 miles South.
Additional information about rental rates
* A non-refundable processing fee of $50 and your choice of a $1,500 security deposit that is refundable within 10-15 days of departure or a non-refundable damage protection waiver fee of $69.00 giving you accidental coverage up to $3000.00 is due to secure the reservation * Additional cleaning services are available upon request