A great place for family reunions. The place sleeps 18 adults age 16 and over, plus the kids. You can get a Pagosa Lakes Property Owners Association fishing permit and fish right off the private dock or go out on a kayak or canoe to fish the rest of the lake or other lakes that allow fishing in the PLPOA area. The lakes are no gas lakes, so paddling and electric motors only.
There have also been quite a few weddings at Casa Laguna. There have been ceremonies on the deck, on the dock, in the side yard and inside. The house is not a commercial venue. It is located in a residential neighborhood, so no outside live music and no evening/night outdoor activities.
A quiet relaxing or fun energetic vacation (your choice) awaits you at Casa Laguna. This spacious home provides a large open great room layout with kitchen, dining, and three living areas with wood stoves. There is a large deck with BBQ on the lake side adjacent to these areas for cooking, dining, entertaining, or just taking in the view.
Main part of the house
1. For the elderly/hard to get around, there are two master suites with kings at ground floor level of the main part of the house, one bath is handicap accessible. This level is also the main part of the house with living, dining, kitchen, main entry and lake front deck. It as accessible by a ramp in seasons with no snow.
2. Upstairs are two more king bedrooms with adjacent bathrooms, that level 3 will use also. You can get to the bathrooms without having to go through the bedrooms. This area also has a mezzanine game room with the pool table that has great views.
3. Level 3 has 2 small bedrooms with a queen bed each. You get to via a spiral stair (usually for kids/young adults, whose parents are on level 2). This level also has a small common area with flat screen TV and DVD player.
4. (Back to ground level) There is a queen sleeper sofa in the TV room (that would share a bath with one of the master suites (see #1)
5. 2 more queen sleeper sofas in the great room (would share bath with one of the master suites (see #1).
The street side area "Casita" (it is all connected)
6. Up 3/4 flight of stairs are 2 queen bedrooms with a shared bath. Now this area also has its own separate kitchen, and living area with wood burning stove, couch and large screen TV. There is also a loft with a foosball table.
7. Below this area, down ¼ flight of stairs, is another king master suite.
There are two separate kitchens, one is built for entertaining with two large refrigerators, two stoves, two microwaves, and two dishwashers. The other has a refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. The large kitchen has a serving bar that opens onto the main floor dining and living areas. There is a complete range of cooking utensils and appliances, as well as, place settings for up to twentyfour.
The house has its own dock for boats and great fishing. Pagosa Lakes fishing permits are available at the recreation center or the Pagosa Lakes Property Owners Association Office for a small fee. Hatcher Lake includes trout, perch, bass and other species.
The PLPOA Rec Center has wonderful workout facilities, swimming pool, racquet ball courts, etc which is available to guests for a small fee. It is located less than 10 minutes away from the property.