|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Spacious SKI IN/OUT Ground level condo is just steps away from lift 1 and the village center. Access to the Durango Mountain Club Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Center and Spa is available. After playing on the mountain all day, soak in the waterfall hot tub while the kids play on the water slide at the heated pool. Then retire to your spacious living room boast a wall mounted HDTV with Blu Ray player and surround sound. Watch Netflix and listen to Pandora internet radio at no charge. Furnishings in the living room include a queen size futon a twin size couch with removable backrest pillows , and a comfy leather recliner. The Master bedroom is accessed through the nursery. The Master Bedroom boast a memory foam king bed, television and
dim-able lights for a cozy retreat. Your home has over 1200 square feet of space, no tiny studio here, plenty of space for everyone. A pack n play crib is also in the closet. An over-sized ski locker is just outside the front door in the hallway for your convenience, laundry room is also conveniently located just across the hall. Bathroom features an oversized hotel style curved shower rod, and large rainshower showerhead. The covered patio provides ski in /ski out access and great views of twilight peak and cantilever house. A true ski in ski out, snow is 10 feet from your back door. other units at DMR may be sveral flights of stairs away. A small table and chairs and, two adirondack chairs are also on the patio. Kids enjoy playing on the hill outside the back door.
This condo is also for sale! when you stay, your rental amount (up to $1000) will be applied as a credit toward the purchase price of $180k. If you never want to leave, you dont have to!
Keywords: Purgatory, DMR, Ski, Condo, Durango, ski in, ski out, ski in/out, Silverton, Silverton Mountain, Hot Tub, Pool
Our family lives in nearby Pagosa Springs, CO and we love the exploring the san juan mountains.
The Owner purchased this condo in 2010
great basecamp for any adventure. lots of space, and convenient to everything, superb accomodations. Unrivaled luxury at a distinguished location.
ski in, ski out, open floor plan, wonderful for kids. Great hiking trails right out the back door, wildflowers. access to pool / fitness center available.
We loved your condo and had a great time skiing in 2 feet of powder (probably more!). Everything worked well, and was perfect for our group! We were so glad to be staying close to the resort where it was an easy walk to the base area, even for the 7-year old in the group. We definitely hope to come back!
There were dirty dishes left in the sink. There wasn't any kind of blind or curtains in the windows so there was no privacy. There was opened packages of food left in the pantry and mouse droppings everywhere. The walls are paper thin. I couldn't access the condos WiFi network or the television. It's a great location, that's about it.
this was our second time to stay at cliftons condo.
he was out of the country in south america, so his phenomenal cleaning guy took care of us. 8 of us stayed this time and we still had plenty of space and plenty of fun!!!!
there were 3 couples and 2 spares and everyone loved some late season skiing.
Overall the condo wasn't what we expected.
First when we arrived the condo was not cleaned and the cleaner didn't come. Took the owner days to figure out what happened.
Agreement with the owner was to get the cleaning and pets fee refunded. Never happened due to strange arguments after the stay. Like use of 18 toilet paper rolls which isn't true.
No clean towels and bedclothes.
Condo is not a real Ski In/Out - it's at the very end of Purgatory.
Regarding the hot tub and pool - just steps away and included with your stay. Not true - extra cost per day and at the center of the Purgatory Resort.
No privacy, even the condo is basically a basement it has no shutter at the windows.
Paid a pets fee even pets are not allow in the building at all.
My sweetheart and I came up here for spring break. We were lucky to find something so affordable at spring break. we are grad students, so cash is, well.. non existent. it was perfect. the place is big enough accommodate 2 or 3 families. The place is quite luxurious, with the rainstorm showerhead and a big tv, we felt so pampered. That bed must be made of angel hair and baby fat, I have never slept so well in my life... seriously where did you get that bed? it felt amazing after a day of rocking it on the slopes. I just enjoyed watching the snow fall from the window while i enjoyed my cup of cappuccino. Can't believe you have an espresso machine right there in the apartment!!! Awesomeness is far too rare these days. But these guys are brimming with it. thanks for all the tips and lowdown on local business.
Weird bedroom setup. Great for big families. Not so much for multiple couples. Lots of room well stocked kitchen for cooking. Awesome separate hippy lounge. ONLY COMPLAINT:
Ad makes it seem you have access to Durango Mountain Club. IT IS NOT INCLUDED BUT COSTS EXTRA!!
I have been using VRBO for years, this was my first negative experience.
- Good location. It is close to the slopes, easy to access.
- Spacious. For the price, it is more than ample. If you were willing to sleep on the floor, and no worried about showers, you could sleep 20. It really is that big and open.
- Crawl space "pot den". I don't smoke, but if you want a den to get stoned in, the crawl space is as retro groovy as it comes. Austin Powers quality pot den. It is unconditioned, but a fun extra space.
The not so good.
- It is not a true ski in, ski out. If you can find the path and are comfortable skiing through trees you can get about 50ft away. Getting to the lifts is about a 100 yd walk. Accurate description is walk out, ski close.
- The "master bedroom" was enclosed from the crawl space. It is a clever addition, but they did not use enough insulation/sound proofing. So we could clearly distinguish between the upstairs neighbor walking and his dog (every morning at 5AM). It is wake-you-up loud when the dog walks around, much less the person. It is almost like being inside a drum.
- Note the fine print in the descriptions, you do not have access to the pool, hot tub, and gym unless you pay extra. It is something like 20% extra.
- It is not ground level. It is a daylight basement. Parking and general access are one level above the unit.
The Reason for a bad review
- The water heater is turned down to tepid. It is marked with various threatening language about touching the thermostat (barred from VRBO). So this is a known problem. My "hot" shower was turn on the hot spigot only. This meant maybe 2 hot showers a night. Long day skiing then a cold shower is not fun enhancing.
- 2 of 5 baseboard heaters were not working. It was always on the edge of being cold inside.
- No window coverings. There is not a lot of foot traffic in front of the windows, but the windows were cold zones.
- The place was not clean when we arrived. We had to wash sheets to sleep on and do general (sanitary) cleaning. No toilet paper or soap. Bring lots of quarters for laundry.
Overall, we loved the mountain. We had great snow. There were few people on the mt during the week. This condo place could be a real gem with a little work and some sound proofing.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 21 2016 - Sep 30 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
bookings under 800 require full payment at time of booking
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.