|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Surya Cenik house is located in Ubud, Bali, recently voted as the most fascinating city of Asia by Condé Nast Traveler, this one-storey villa with 1 ensuite bedrooms, private tropical garden, swimming pool and many verandas is only 25 minutes walk to the city center where you can enjoy fine dining, abundant shopping, pampering spas and endless cultural entertainment.
Overlooking a landscape of rice fields and forest, you will find calm and relaxation, while you are only a short distance away from the cultural and artistic experience of Ubud and nearby villages.
- 5 minutes Made warung
- 7 minutes Lili Lala warung
- 10 minutes Bintang Supermaket
- 10 minutes Sedona Spa
- 25 minutes Ubud center
Airport pick-up can be arrange
WIFI Included (9 GIG download /month)
Great little house and the pool was such a treat ....would not be suitable in the hot season as no air con.....one has to enjoy walking as cannot reach the house by any form of transport.Close to great supermarket and many great restaurants.
I stayed in three places while visiting Bali and this was by far my favorite! There are two different villas that appear in the photos to be the same layout, and I stayed in the one with the red sofa (not orange.) It is exactly as pictured in the photos, if not even better. It is extremely spacious, clean, and private. The furniture is in excellent condition and comfortable. I won’t list anything as a pro or a con, but will let you decide. Here’s what to expect:
- The villa is not accessible at all by car or motorbike, so expect to do some walking. Wayan, who is wonderful, carried my full sized luggage (on her head!) up the steep stairs and through the narrow paths that lead to the villa. You will need a flashlight (provided) to navigate the paths if you’re walking here after dark. Along the paths around the villa and less than 5 minute walk are: Lala & Lily Warung, Intuitive Flow yoga, Lala & Lily spa (and another massage place I can’t remember the name of), Made’s Warung, the Waroong at Ubud Heaven, Yellow Flower Café, and Ibu Putu’s Warung. Bintang Supermarket was a 6-8 minute walk and the center of town (Monkey Forest Rd) was about a 25 minute walk for me.
- The kitchen has full apartment sized (not mini) fridge/freezer, many dishes, pans, blender, toaster, and toaster oven.
- There is a ton of storage, closet, and shelf space so you can fully unpack and feel at home.
- The villa I stayed in doesn’t have a view because the lovely plants have grown tall around the pool area. I liked this as it provided full privacy. When the sun sets behind these, it's stunning.
- Wifi was reliable and fast. There is no cable or satellite, but there is a DVD player and several DVDs.
- There's no A/C, but I found the ceiling fans and openness of the villa to keep it comfortable. There was only one very hot evening that I needed to use the portable floor fan.
- The villa is extremely clean, but there are some tiny ants that will come out if you leave any food open. After my first mistake, I kept food in Ziploc bags and there was no problem. Geckos will keep you company in the villa and help eat bugs.
- Hot water was reliable and the outdoor shower was pure heaven!
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone who can handle the stairs and walking paths. I felt completely at home! This villa is truly a gem for those looking for those looking for peace, quiet, and privacy while still being close to town!
I rented this villa for a month with just my little girl and I. Traveling with a child is never easy and I wanted to find a comfortable "home-base" for us during our time in Bali. I honestly could not have chosen a better place. Patrice's home is simple yet elegant and beautiful. It was very well kept, clean, private and the open air design makes you feel a part of the surroundings. The little village of Penestenan Kaja is a perfect location to retreat to after busy days exploring Ubud and the rest of Bali (which is very easily accessible). It's such a charming little community and we instantly fell in love with it. The footpaths make it extremely quiet but it's also convenient to get to the main road and the Bintang Supermarket. Great eateries are close-by (Yellow Flower Cafe and Lala Lili's were our favorites) and Putu at Siddhi Ayu provides wonderful and inexpensive spa treatments just a minute walk away form the front door. Wayan and Ketut took really good care of us, making sure all of our needs were met during our stay, also including us in the village's festival celebrations. We loved every moment spent at the house which was so lovely to just relax in, prepare a simple meal when we were tired of eating out, read and go for a dip in the pool. I would recommend this villa to my friends in a heartbeat (in fact I have one that is currently staying there!). Thank you Patrice for sharing your home with us! We hope to return soon.
We rented this villa for one month in October 2013. This house made our Bali vacation. The house is beautiful and it is worth staying there for as long as you can! It was VERY hot while we were in Bali and every day we would return home from our daily travels, jump in the pool and not want to leave 'our' house again!
There is a wonderful woman who cares for the house and for you while you are there. Wayan is absolutely fabulous! The house is very close to Lala Lili's where you can get the best Balinese massage in the world! Once we discovered it, we went there every other day until we left. There are warungs along the pathway (that leads to this house and beyond) that offers excellent food choices. The view of the rice field from the pool and all of the floor to ceiling windows was fabulous. We felt so at home. We shopped almost everyday at the Bintang market which IS 5 minutes away along the same path. It is a large supermarket where you really can find almost anything you might want. The only thing: there is a steep, uneven set of steps at the end of the path leading to Bintang market and the road into town..not easy to climb if you have any physical constraints. Also, the road into Ubud is right there once you climb down the steps...the road is FULL of cars and scooters and the sidewalks are torn up for construction and have been this way for 2 years! Makes it VERY difficult and NOT at all relaxing to walk into town. We loved this area BUT the traffic and the walking situation was not what we had anticipated.
For touring Bali - We met a driver named Made who speaks very good English and knows SO much about the sites of Bali. He took us around the island to all the best places..we spent 4 days with him.
We also went to Sanur beach for a few days which we enjoyed very much.
This house though really made us feel totally at home in Bali!! We would love to return!
We stayed in this villa for a week in August 2011 and found it to be a slice of Paradise! Lovely views during the day, fireflies at night and a nice plunge pool to cool off in after a long walk. Open, light and airy living space and a nice outdoor shower. It's an easy walk to the Bintang market and there is a charming restaurant a few steps away. It would be an easy decision to stay here again and we have recommended it to our friends who want to visit Bali.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.