|Minimum Stay||3 - 9 nights|
In the heart of Harbour Town is this recently renovated two-level townhome. Its living room has a beach motif with a sleeper sofa, 42' flat screen TV, DVD, VCR and internet access.
Sliding glass doors open to a back patio with outdoor seating, off the pathway that leads to the marina that is less than a minute away.
The recently renovated kitchen has white cabinets, solid surface countertops and stainless steel appliances. There is also a washer and dryer in the unit for added convenience. The dining room seats six.
Upstairs are two bedrooms with separate baths. The spacious master bedroom has a king-size bed, white wicker furnishings, two closets and a private bath. The guest bedroom has twin beds that are perfect for the kids.
The entry way is across from the Harbour Town playground. Harbour Town's marina, shopping, and recreation is literally right outside your door. Less than a block away are the Harbour Town Golf Links, the Harbour Town Swimming Pool and the Sea Pines Racquet Club. The Sea Pines Beach Club is a short bike ride away.
We had a great time. The house was perfect for our time in HHI. Fantastic location & great layout.
Would probably actually go with a 3.5 rating if that was an option. A rating of 3 may be a bit low, but not quite a 4 in my opinion. This was our fifth family trip to Hilton Head, and I would rank this middle of the pack in terms of accommodations.
+ Nice floor plan. Two BR / two full baths on upper level. Living room, dining area, kitchen, half bath on lower level. Appliances and furnishings were also in good shape.
+ Convenient location to Harbour Town and Sea Pines areas.
+ Good price in comparison to similar properties (we paid $800 for full Memorial Day week with no extras tacked on for cleaning fees, taxes, etc.).
- The "king" bed in the master bedroom is actually two twin beds butted together with a king headboard, and it doesn't make for very comfortable sleeping. Every time you get close to the center of the bed, you will feel the edges/ridges between the two twin mattresses.
- The Harbour Town pool is mentioned in the listing. However, be aware that an access pass must be purchased to use the pool (not included with the rental). For a family of 4, this will run around $100 extra for a week.
Other general comments (not affecting my rating of this villa):
• If you have never been to Hilton Head and plan to spend a lot of time at the beach, the Harbour Town area in general is not the most ideal location on the island. We tend to spend only a couple of hours per day at the beach on average with rest of the time spent at pool, shops, and other activities on the island. We love the Harbour Town area, but frequent beach goers may should be aware it is a 10-15 minute drive or trolley ride to the beach. My suggestion would be to look in the Palmetto Dunes or Folly Field areas if you want quick and easy beach access.
• Don’t know how it may be during the off season, but during the summer Harbour Town is a very busy place in the evenings with outdoor music, dining, activities, etc. Things usually start to die down around 10:00 most nights and it is usually quiet by 11:00. This was not a problem for us, but the external noise could be an issue if you have small children and/or tend to be an early bedtime person yourself.
We stayed in this condo for a week in August and had an excellent experience for our first trip to the area. The house was clean and comfortable, and the location is perfect. The unit is quiet, but there are shops and restaurants a short walk away. There's easy access to running trails, sports, pool and the beach. Having the full kitchen allowed us to stock up on groceries and save on restaurants.
We had a very relaxing week and would gladly go back.
My boyfriend and I, both young professionals in the DC area, spent a much-needed week away at this house. This was our first time in Hilton Head. We found the house to be conveniently located in Harbour Town near many restaurants and shops. Quick drive to anywhere else you'd want to go - beaches, shops, restaurants - and we even took a day trip to Savannah. We really enjoyed the running trail that you can pick up near the house. The house itself was great; it is nicely decorated, extremely comfortable, and very clean. We enjoyed having the full kitchen to make some of our meals (and keep our beer cold!) I highly recommend staying in this house for a quiet, relaxing beach weekend on Hilton Head Island.
My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and chose this cozy and meticulously maintained condo for our get away. The owners were so pleasant and accommodating. The condo met all our expectations and we enjoyed our stay immensely. We walked along the nearby beach, dined at local restaurants and relaxed back at the condo which was very comfortable. There is golf, tennis and boating conveniently within reach and the area is simply beautiful. In our 25 years of marriage, my wife has let me know of all the things that I've done wrong but choosing this condo was not one of them. In fact, she says this was one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. Can't wait to do it again. :)
We had a WONDERFUL family vacation over Memorial Day 2011. The owner was very nice, responsive and fair. We took small children (three kids under three years old) and while the stairs were a challenge for the youngest (needed to bring a babygate to keep her away!!), it was very kid-friendly.
In fact, this property faces the playground which was perfect for us. It is at the center of all the action -- Greg Russell, the Pirate cruise, restaurants, shops, the bakery/cafe for breakfast, etc. While on vacation, we also took a day to ride bikes around town, ate at the Salty Dog, took the Pirate cruise and played on the beach. It was PERFECT. We would definetly stay at this place again.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.