About the property
- Cottage1500 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 2 nights
Villa, 3 Bedrooms , 1 Bath, (Sleeps 5)
Nestled in the small highland bay of Paxanax, below the village of Santa Cruz La Laguna, our villa provides tranquility and stunning lakefront views of 3 unsurpassable sentinel volcanoes.
• Open space living area with fire place and fully equipped kitchen with WIFI
• 3 double bedrooms (1 with Queen Bed, 2 with 2 twin beds). 1 bathroom with bathtub.
• Exterior stairs lead you to the Master bedroom with uninterrupted tree-top views of the lake and the volcanoes.
• A large front terrace with hammock & with lake views used as eating/recreational area doubles the size of the house
• WIFI, a book library, DVD's, wooden floors, fireplace and views to die for
• Lake front garden filled with tropical flowers and fruit trees
• A private dock available for sunbathing, or to take long cool swims
• Cleaning included in price (should you want it)
• Public lancha (boat) goes back and forth every half hour or hour or let us arrange a private boat
• enjoy paradise while you rock in the hammock to the rhythm of the waves.
• Fresh groceries can be purchased in Panajachel every day or at La Iguana Perdida at their Saturday’s fresh farmers market
• Lake Atitlan provides a multitude of interesting daily tours and activities around the Mayan villages (see our manual)
• Yoga Classes, massages and other therapies are available nearby at Villa Sumaya
Although Aldous Huxley's comment that Lake Atitlan is the ''most beautiful lake in the world'' His actually words were: 'It is really too much of a good thing.' Come and judge for yourself, we will be delighted to host you!
We will send you an email a week before arrival with a code for the lockbox by the front door where we keep the house key. Flor can arrange your pick up to take you to our Villa. You have access to the whole house. Mi casa, Tu Casa :)
If you’re looking for a "different and authentic" vacation experience, Casa Paxanax is your perfect option. Located on the shores of famous Lake Atitlan. Santa Cruz is an authentic Mayan village, which is situated at the top of the hill, from where the house is located. Feel free and safe to walk around. If you are interested in Mayan culture, this is a must! There are several nearby bars/restaurants within walking distance to connect with other fellow travelers.
In the village, get around by walking to any of the nearby restaurants/bars or retreat centers. Santa Cruz is a 15 minute boat-ride away from the main town of Panajachel, but situated close to several bars and restaurants for easy access to entertainment and meeting other fellow travelers. Otherwise, you can always take a boat to one of the nearby villages to explore the lake!
Other things to note
• The home is located a short boat ride away from Panajachel. The public boats run daily, leaving every half an hour from 6am to 6:30 pm (cost is 10-15Q ($1.50-$2.00 per person).
• We can also arrange a private boat for you from Pana, (cost around $25)
• You will need to park your car in Panajachel, by the dock Kayucos Marina private packing. The cost is Q75/night.
• Shuttle service or Uber is also another way to arrive from Antigua, Xela or the City. We can help you organize your shuttle.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- english, french, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
From Britain, but spent my entire adult life in Guatemala, working in the tourism industry. I am now living in the Twin Cities, and trained as an addiction counselor. Very much miss Guatemala, but Paola, our lovely House manager is onsite to help you with one of our rentals. Do give me a call.... I appreciate any opportunity to be able to talk about Guatemala...the land of eternal Spring.
Paola purchased this Cottage in 2000
Why Paola chose Santa Cruz la Laguna
I bought this property in 2000, not expecting to live there, but to have the perfect retreat home for weekends. Circumstances changed, and we ended up living in this home for 5 years. Due to my studies, I rent the home out. If you love it half as much as we did living there, you will be happy!
What makes this Cottage unique
The house is situated right on the shores of Lake Atitlan, and is really very peaceful. Nearby, you will enjoy the benefits of a few local restaurants, where it is fun to meet fellow travelers!
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great big house with excellent amenities, good lake access and great views. Easy to find and get to. A great bargain for my friends and I. Finally we enjoyed some space to spread out and some privacy. Highly recommended
1st trip to the lake
We loved the lake and your home, we all had a great experience.
Santos and Josefina are very helpful and beautiful people.
Beautiful property with quick access to Panajachel
The house was breathtaking and had great space. Awesome view of both volcanos (Atitlán and San Pedro).
Beautiful house and location
This place was amazing! Casa Paxanax is right off the lake. It was big enough for our party of 5 and was big enough for a family member that visited us for the day. The view is amazing and the view on the top room was even better. I would definitely return to this house.
We very much look forward to having you stay with us again. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!
Great place, quiet, relax time, sad last night power goes down
This is a great place is maybe in the best place of the this area of the lake you can swin! If you don't mind some cool water, house is nice have everything you need but cable tv (anyway you don't need it).
Pros: location, hot water, kitchen, chimney, people who works here (santos and cleaning lady) are really helpful, info book
Cons: slow internet but a least we had it, pier is really a little high and if you have a lot of things is a little problem... santos help you out with you things, power goes down, we spend of last night and half of day with no power... sad
Also I have to said that walking to Santacruz for me was so fun but is not for everybody really challenging, and maybe is worth it no many things to do there, stay on lake and have fun! Get all you need from pana or where you staying, reserve the boat you get a better price talk to santos or Paola... anyway I like the house maybe I come back
Thank you Cristian for your comments. The internet speed has been improved, and our dock has been lowered. I really appreciate your comments. It helps us to improve!
The house is located about 10 minutes walk from Santa Cruz village. This is definitely not for those that enjoy living "in town". The electricity goes out rarely but I'm sorry you were affected by this. We are in a Mayan village, and although we strive for 1st class amenities, it is not always possible.
We look forward to having you back!
We loved our stay here. It is a charming rustic cabin on the lake outside of Santa Cruz. Santos is so helpful and the managers are great communicators making everything go smoothly. There are a couple restaraunts in Paxanax and you can walk to Santa Crux, but asking Santos to help get a boat is the best way to get around. It is really worth getting away from the bustle of Panajachel or San Pedro. Nt he nights are generally peaceful and the morning coffee on the patio is a dream when the volcanoes and lake are at their best. We loved he service and getaway.
Spanish Classes can be arranged!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
High season rates apply for Christmas and New Year and Easter week. 20usd clean up fee NO DAMAGE DEPOSIT :) We work on a trust system.