About the property
- Villa753 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
Villa, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-16)
Here at The Klimt from Tuzzo's Family we offer you a unique chance to experience the beautiful Gulf of Sicily. The house was Built on XVII Century. It is very charming and very well located. Our hospitality very generous
Balestrate is located less than an hour's drive from some of Sicily's premier tourist attractions. Some of the 'must-sees' of the island include Taormina, Catania, Palermo, Monreale, Scopello, Corleone, Mafia, and Cefalù with their impressive artistic heritage, Agrigento for its temples, Segesta and Agrigento, for its Greek theatre and temple, the beautifully preserved medieval stone city of Erice, the archaeological park of Selinunte, and the reservoir of Zingaro.
We will be happy to be not only an host but giving you daily tips and suggestions to enjoy at max your holiday in sicily, for example we have an old shepard which is coming time by time bringing fresh eggs and fresh ricotta cheese that you won't find in any shop as well we have a Friends who's going to fishing and the same day coming to us to bring the fresh fish at home and I'll be happy to share all those things with you and your Family.
further info: elettricity base on consuming 0.3 euro Kw/h, 50 euro cleaning fee
Balestrate is an excellent starting point for daytrips in the area in 1 hour
. Some examples of places of interest (including historic sites) that can be easily reached:
1. Segesta: a beautiful temple and an amphitheater on top of a hill, overlooking the Golfo di Castellammare
2. Erice, a medieval town 750 meters high upon a rocky mountain. Great views, nice town and famous for its marzipan and couscous
3. Marsala, the city itself (in the morning: visiting the market), its museums, the salt pans and Spanish windmills and the Island of Mozia with a nice (historic art) museum
4. Monreale, most beautiful Cathedral in the area (from the inside): magnificent mosaics and a nice cloister
5. Palermo: we'll show you the most beautiful road to this amazing city
6. Cefalù, a medieval coastal town with a nice beach.
7. Trapani: a nice harbor and storic center and a starting point for a trip to the island of Favignana
8. Gibelina and Gibellina nuova: A town destroyed by the 1968 earthquake and completely rebuilt throwing overboard all building regulations: you'll find here a great diversity in building styles and a lot of art
9. Castellammare del Golfo: a coastal town with a nice harbor.
10. Scopello: a nice place to have a drink, enjoy the local dish 'pani cunzatu' and visit the famous 'Tonnara'.
11. Nature reserve Lo Zingaro: take a nice walk in this beautiful area and enjoy the view of the Golfo di Castellammare
Keywords: Fabulous Villa close to the beach, in a quite Sicilian Village:Balestrate. The house is close to Palermo, Trapani, carini,cinisi, montelepre, messina, marsala, Erice, Scopello, Segesta, Alcamo,San vito Lo capo, Taormina, CAtania, Siracusa, Selinunte, Sicily Villas, Pool, Holiday house in Sicily, Holiday Villa in Sicily, Garden, Parking Free and safe, Cefalù, corleone, mafia, pantelleria, segesta,agrigento, catania, messina, favignana, palermo airport, trapani aiport, godfather,siracuse, rome, florence, Venice,italy,Godfather, Sicily Luxury Villas, Luxury Sicily Villas, Villas in Sicily, Ocean front house, water front, apartment in TRapani, Apartment in Palermo,vacation residence,apartment in Sicily, ,flat in Trapani, Flat in Palermo,casa, ocean front, casa vacanza,panoramic view, view of marina, vacation home, historic house, XVII century, vacation rental, accomodation in Sicily, accomodation in Palermo,Balestrate, Vacation rental in Sicily, Vacation rental in Palermo, Vacation rental
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, french, german, spanish, portuguese, russian, italian, dutch, swedish, czech, danish, norwegian, arabic, finnish, mandarin, Sicilian
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 09, 2018
About Piero Tuzzo
I am open mind person, very happy to have guest from over the world
Piero Tuzzo purchased this Villa in 1910
Why Piero Tuzzo chose Palermo
It is the oldest House of Palermo Sicily area: it was Built on 1681. It is 50 metres far from beach shop restaurant bar Supermarket
What makes this Villa unique
You can enjoy with our fantastic Hospitality.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
XVII century House on the beach
Charming and comfortable, spacious XVII house next to the Beach. The house consist of 2 bedrooms and it is up to 8-9 people. it is located in Balestrate, nice Sicilian Village, 50 metres far from Beach Shop restaurant Bar supermarket. reccomend
Pain in the butt to get to get to the location!!
I would like to start of by saying the villa was lovely. It was a lot smaller then we expected, but it was nice. Now I am going to list the issues with had with this location.
1) THIS LOCATION IS NOT IN PALERMO! IT IS NO WHERE NEAR PALERMO! To say this location is "near Palermo" is like saying San Francisco is near Los Angeles, San Antonio is near Dallas, Destin is near Orlando!! It is NOT near Palermo!!! The villa is in BALLASTRATE!!! This in about 2 hours outside of Palermo - it is NOT near Palermo!!
2) The villa owner did offer to pick us up at the airport for 90 euros. The bus and train is 6 euros round trip. We went with the cheaper option. The owner never said - the trains are not working and the buses only run when they want. This was never told to us even though I repeatedly stated we were taking the train and asked for specific information regarding the train. We arrived in to Palermo and discovered we had missed the 3pm bus - no biggie, we would just take the 6:30 bus. We get on the bus and take it up the coast. At a location, we change to a train and take it on in. The owner did pick us up and take us to the villa about 1 block and then drove us around the area. We did get a quick tour. We did not have wine and cheese waiting for us as others had stated.
3) We repeatedly asked for the cancellation policy. As of today, that has still not been supplied.
4) Outside of the front door is a bar. Ballestrate is a very small town and is not very busy, but for some reason they feel the need to have a bar that plays music till 2 or 3 in the morning. We arrived on Sunday - this was going on - we asked when will they quit. The owner was not sure but thought it was soon. It was not soon. There were 3 people in the place and the music rocked on till 3am!! Luckily the bar was closed on Monday and we were able to get a good night sleep that night.
5) Breakfast - there was place to get breakfast and it only served waffles and crepes. We walked down to a local hotel and they let us eat with them. If you are going to Ballestrate, I would recommend accommodation at the Grand Mariner Hotel.
6) The villa is not on the beach. We walked about 45 minutes to find the beach. It was nice. We did spend most of the day in that area.
7) Ballestrate is a very nice town. Just not a lot going on other then the bar that plays till 3am.
8) FYI - this place will not sleep 10 pp.
The villa was nice, but the owner only supplied the barest of information.
Awesome first time experience in Balestrate
We arrived in Balestrate at 23:30 but that was not a problem for Piero. He met us at the apartment and was very informative, friendly and spoke English very well. He provided some fresh fruit and a bottle of wine for us to enjoy and informed us that if we needed anything don't hesitate to call him. During our three nights we had no major problems with the place. It's a 5 minute walk from a beach covered with interesting rocks and a 15 minute walk from a beach with soft sand and a beautiful view of the mountains. The shower had plenty of hot water although it took a while to warm up. The pull out couch was pretty uncomfortable as well so if you have more than four someone is getting stuck with that. After the three days were up Piero let us check out late because we had a late flight and also organized a transport that exceeded all expectations for cheaper than the cost of a taxi. All in all I would happily come back to Balestrate based on this experience.
Absolutly an Amazing House
It is my second time that i travelled to Sicily and i spent my time in this Faboluous House. The apartment is XVII century, the oldest of Palermo Area. It is very charming and decorated in Klimt Style .100 metres far from sandy beach shop restaurant. SUPER ospitality of Piero and His staff.
I really reccomend it
since we landed the scenario from the airplain was amazing as well the overall experience in Balestrate. The house is fully furnished and perfect located, close to the beach and the city center and the train station walking distance too. The owner Piero is always helpful and very kind offered us also a cooking class and giving tips & suggestions about places to visit nearby, higly appreciate.
we hope to visit Sicily again.
A splendid week in Sicily...
A splendid week in Sicily, beetween Palermo and Trapani...near the Sea, Beach, archaeological sites
The town is still a place full of charm, eateries, local customs ... but so close to major cities to visit or very famous beaches (as Scopello, Cinisi, San Vito Lo Capo, etc.).
In minus of one hour, you can go to Trapani and rent a boat to visit Favignana, Levanzo and Marettimo or, in circa one hour, you arrive in Agrigento in the famous Valley of Temples.
It is easy to rent a car or a bycicle and there are many facilities to move from the airports to Balestrate.
Surely, we will came back there in the future!
Cinemas/Movie TheatersLive Theatre MuseumsHorses hoes Miniature golf Miniature golf Miniature golf is also known as mini-golf, midget golf, goofy golf, crazy golf, pee-wee golf ,Putt-Putt golf.