3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, Sleeps up to seven
- english, italian
Fashion design director built , as the perfect getaway from the pressures of Manhattan
Peter purchased this Lodge in 1987
Why Peter chose East Hampton
Large pine trees protect the home all year long and add privacy
What makes this Lodge unique
House is very quiet and peaceful
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Everything was good! Would love to come again
You are always welcome to come again
Peter was very helpful and communicative, and we loved his place—the pictures don’t even do it justice!
I would host Caitlin again any time. They were respectful and very clean.
Had a great time staying here with a group of friends. 6 min drive from town, house tucked a way in a rustic setting. Peter was super responsive and we had no issues. Would stay here again
Alexa and her friends were a pleasure to host. They were considerate and responsible. I would love to host for them again
A Cabin in The Woods
This property is a cabin in the woods conveniently located to nearby East Hampton. However, there are some serious issues that need to be addressed.
(1) There are large, black carpenter ants EVERYWHERE....including the kitchen, bathrooms, and bedrooms including in the beds.
(2) The mattresses on ALL the beds are the old coil type. They are quite saggy and extremely uncomfortable. These MUST be replaced.
(3) The main level ceiling is dotted with what looks like dime-sized rust spots. We found out this was from water damage when water began leaking from the master bath thru to the smaller main level bedroom. We determined this was probably the result of water inadvertently dripping down the shower curtain and onto the floor despite having the curtain INSIDE the tub. Perhaps this could be helped by having a longer shower curtain.
(4) The cabin is NOT centrally air conditioned. There is a wall unit in the master bedroom with a large ceiling fan. There is a wall unit high up in the cathedral ceiling living room. This unit helps the main living space but does not help the main level bedrooms...especially when the door is closed. There are small portable fans in those bedrooms. For full disclosure, it was unseasonably hot during our stay.
(5) The cushions on the deck and pool area seem to be perpetually wet and therefore moldy making use of them undesirable.
I did respond in privates this will be my public response. When I arrived at the house there were party balloons tied to my mailbox. Five guests of the renter were still there after check out and she had left an hour earlier, meaning it was a larger group than the reservation was made for if you include her.. The markings on the ceiling are from the natural sap from the pine planks. They are not near any plumbing. This is a log home and there are natural markings. The
mattress in the main bedroom is relatively new from a high end manufacturer .
The house has Mitsubishi commercial strength air conditioners as specified in the listing, plus a dehumidifier in the basement.
Fans are also in all rooms.
There are also sonic pest control plug ins in the rooms.
She left the lounge cushions by the pool overnight, so they did get wet from the sprinklers in the morning. The cushions on the deck are dry and clean.
There were also dirty used pans left in the kitchen instead of putting them in the dishwasher and turning it on..
None of these items were communicated by her during their stay , so it is odd that this came out afterwards.
Great family weekend
The place was exactly as described and Peter was accessible and helpful. Really enjoyed ourselves.
Thanks for staying Ambika. It was such a pleasure having you all stay there. Come back again soon!
Charming forest retreat in excellent location
The location is excellent for discovering the best that the Lower Fork has to offer close to some of the best beaches and excellent restaurants. The house is charming and comfortable, hidden away in a serene forest setting. We’d stay there again and highly recommend this place. Peter was a great host who was ready to answer any questions.
Nick and his family were ideal guests . They were very neat and respectful with the house and the rules. I would gladly host them again anytime.
Pine forest - close to bay beaches and 2 miles from the ocean