|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
Spend your next family vacation or get together with friends at this beautiful 2 bedroom home in Glen Rose. The home was completely remodeled in 2012 with a relaxing screened-in porch that you'll find perfect for that morning cup of coffee or even relaxing with friends and family in the evenings. You are just a short distance away from both adult and kid-friendly attractions!
Just 2 blocks east of historic downtown Glen Rose, this home is comfortable with a fully-equipped kitchen for your favorite home-cooked meals and even a laundry room. Dining for 8 at the main table with additional room for more both inside and out make this a perfect place for reconnecting with friends and family. You can select a Blu-Ray film from the collection to watch on the large flat-screen TV or choose from one of the board games for a little family fun. The home is well appointed and serves as the owners second-home on weekends when not rented.
You will be close to everything in Glen Rose, a sleepy town just outside the DFW area in North Texas. Glen Rose is where the Hill Country begins. Just blocks away is fine dining, shopping, live music, history, galleries and even fresh food direct from the growers.
This country retreat is within 10 miles of Fossil Rim Wildlife Park, the 1700 acre drive-through zoo, perfect for the young and young at heart. Children can also enjoy a day at Dinosaur World, just 5 miles from the home. Big Rocks Park is great for wading in the water or walking along the river bed on those warm sunny days. For some adult fun check out Squaw Valley Golf Course. The Promise is a popular local attraction each year and is a must see if you are traveling in August-October. You won't run out of things to do here!
Key Residence Features:
- Completely remodeled in 2012 with and addition of a screened-in back porch with a view of the trees along the Paluxy River
- You can select a Blu-Ray film from the collection to watch on the large flat-screen TV or choose from one of the board games for a little family fun
- You are close to many attractions including Fossil Rim Wildlife Park, Dinosaur World, Big Rocks Park, Squaw Valley Golf Course and downtown entertainment
- A Pack-N-Play is now available at this property
- High speed internet with Wi-Fi at no extra charge!
- Master Bedroom: Queen bed, closet, dressing table
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin beds, closet, dressing table
- Head down to the to the locals' favorite BBQ joint, Loco Coyote, to enjoy some delicious food, live music, and their lively outdoor patio
- Enjoy a casual lunch or dinner in the scenic courtyard at Hollywood and Vine
- Kids will enjoy live story time at Storiebook Cafe
- No smoking on the premises
- Pet friendly (Must be less than 50 lbs.)
- Firearms may not be discharged within the city limits
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Contact us regarding discounts on stays of 7+ nights!
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for travelers. Our dedicated Travel Advisor Team is available 7 days a week and our simple online reservation system allows you to book securely with a credit card! Please feel free to call us at 1.877.818.1013.
Owner / Property Manager purchased this house in 2002
Nelson and his wife do such a great job with all of their properties to make you feel right at home. Their attention to detail is wonderful and they truly make every effort to make your stay enjoyable. Every time we are in Glen Rose, we stay with Nelson!
My family of 4 had a wonderful weekend getaway for Spring Break. The owners made our stay so comfortable with lovely little touches of home. It was helpful that there was already a pack-n-play with sheets and a booster chair there at the home for my toddler. The fact we could walk through the adorable historic neighborhood to get to the town square made us feel like a local. We spent so much time out on the screened in back porch rocking and enjoying the beautiful weather! We loved our stay in Glen Rose!!! We will be back!
Of all of the cabins we've stayed in during our Texas road trips south of Dallas, this property is hands down the most welcoming and well-appointed. The owners truly keep this cabin to the standard of a family home away from home. We highly recommend it not only for the accolades mentioned above but for the exhaustive pre-arrival support they provide as well. Gracious hosts and a memorable stay.
We had a wonderful stay in Glen Rose and the property was wonderful. The owners have thought of everything and are very nice. The house is very close to everything. We would definitely stay again.
Very well maintained, fully equipped, with great location . Ideal for family vacation
To say we were impressed would not even cover it! The care and detail that have gone into this VRBO are incredible. From the snacks and the water, soda etc to all the condiments and spices in the cabinets. We have stayed in several different VRBO's and this was by far the best. The bed is comfortable, the shower has great water pressure and the back porch is a delight!
Great job Nelson! You have out done yourself!!!