|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Relax and rejuvenate with friends and family at this beautiful 2 bedroom + large sleeping loft retreat in Truckee. This home is perfect for winter ski trips, but most people don't realize the summer is another best kept secret since most homeowners move in themselves. So come discover the bliss of summers in Truckee!
Amongst dramatic stone gardens and a lawn area you'll find this lovely cabin the owner has named as their "Peace Palace". They say it brings out the best in everyone. 8 people can sleep in this 1300 sq. ft. cabin with 2 bedrooms and a large sleeping loft with a bathroom.
The floor to ceiling windows bring the outside in allowing you to take in the peaceful setting at all hours. You'll most likely find the group gravitating toward the spacious living area to play games or watch a favorite movie while someone whips up a nice home-cooked meal in the full kitchen. When you're feeling the outdoors use the gas grill instead and dine out on the oversized deck. The deck is also a great space for doing yoga or sleeping under the stars in the summer. In the evenings unwind together in the natural (chemical free) mineral hot tub set amid a private wooded area.
The house is 4 min to historic Truckee, a short-drive to Kings Beach (about 15 minutes), 20 minutes to Tahoe City, and about 5 minutes to the new Recreation Center and lots of downtown dining and music. Enjoy world class summers and winters with endless hiking (Pacific Crest Trail), mountain biking (hundreds of miles) right out the door and relaxing at the beach (20 minutes away from pristine Lake Tahoe Beaches). With rafting, sailing, flying glider planes and parasailing, Truckee is in the center of the Tahoe basin adventure land!
After pounding the trails, exploring the lakes or enjoying live music you'll have the perfect crash pad to come home to!
Key Residence Features:
- New energy efficient furnace put in for 2012
- The floor to ceiling windows bring the outside in allowing you to take in the peaceful setting at all hours
- The deck is also a great space for grilling, doing yoga or sleeping under the stars in the summer
- Unwind together in the natural (chemical free) mineral hot tub set amid a private wooded area
- Master Bedroom: King bed
- Bedroom 2: Twin over queen bunk bed, twin bed
- Bedroom 3/Loft: 2 Queen beds
- Gather the group for an exciting night of lively local music and fine dining at Cottonwood
- Don't miss Dragonfly if you you have a love for great sushi!
- 2 night stays may be available at a higher rate - call for details!
- No smoking
- Hot tub; $65 service fee required (applies to groups with over 4 guests)
- Pet friendly; $50 pet fee required (1 pet max)
- Service and support pets must be noted on reservation
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- The maximum occupancy is 8 people
- Max cars 3
- Check-in/out requirements and guest responsibilities detailed in Rental Agreement
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for travelers. Our dedicated Travel Advisor Team is available 7 days a week and our simple online reservation system allows you to book securely with a credit card! Please feel free to call us at 1.877.818.1013.
Owner / Property Manager purchased this house in 1984
We loved this rental! We came up for a wedding and stayed for a long weekend with the family during the summer. We have 2 young kids under 4, and the house was very kid friendly with lots of safe outdoor space to explore. Beautiful outdoor landscaping and huge front lawn with hammock. The deck is very large, and the hot tub was fantastic! The owners were very welcoming and respected our privacy. Great rental! Highly recommended!