When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee
*Please note there is no WiFi at this property but a cell phont HotSpot will work at the property
Surrounded by rolling hills, lush vineyards, and majestic horses in the verdant Edna Valley, this 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom getaway is the essence of style and relaxation. The single story California Craftsman is situated up a long private drive with beautiful Valley views. The spacious interior features a bright open floor plan enhanced by a wall of windows, soaring ceilings, wood floors and an incredible indoor/outdoor flow. Sizable common rooms include a great family room, dining area, and a large fully equipped center island kitchen with dual breakfast bars and ample cabinetry.
The well appointed master suite offers a king size bed and a large bath with soaking tub and dressing table. Secondary bedrooms are configured with one bedroom containing a twin over a full bunk bed and the other having a queen bed. There is also a sofa bed in the great room.
The lush private grounds offer gorgeous panoramic views, ample deck space with outdoor dining and a covered front porch seating area. Serene, beautiful and private...mere minutes to everything Pismo Beach and San Louis Obispo have to offer.
Any outdoor enthusiast will love kayaking (2 kayaks provided) and fishing on Lopez Lake just minutes away as well as horseback riding and golfing at Pismo and Avalia Beach. There are horse stalls available for your personal horse. The 10 acres of hiking trails are a great activity for the entire group. After an active day you can head to one of the many wineries within a three mile radius of the ranch and relax with a glass of wine and friends. Athena, the housekeeper is a qualified babysitter and is happy to care for the kids while the adults spend a night out. (The rates can be negotiated depending on the number of children.)
The location of this ranch offers guests ample opportunities for very fine dining and outdoor activities. You can make it as relaxing or entertaining as you like!
Key Residence Features:
- Just a 3 miles to Pismo Beach!
- The lush private grounds offer gorgeous panoramic views, ample deck space with outdoor dining and a covered front porch seating area
- The spacious interior features a bright open floor plan enhanced by a wall of windows, soaring ceilings, wood floors and an incredible indoor/outdoor flow
Athena, the housekeeper is a qualified babysitter and is happy to care for the kids while the adults spend a night out. (The rates can be negotiated depending on the number of children.)
- Master Bedroom: King bed,TV, DVD player, closet, and a deck/patio (Sleeps 2)
- Bedroom 2: Queen bed and a closet (Sleeps 2)
- Bedroom 3: Queen bed with a single bunk on top, TV, DVD player and a deck/patio (Can sleep 3)
- There is a sofa sleeper in the family room to sleep 2 additional people with a TV
- If you're in the mood for fresh seafood, stop by Sea Venture
- Be sure to try a famous Jocko's steak during your stay at Jocko's Steak House!
- Rosas serves up some of the best Italian dishes and offers and extensive wine list
- No smoking
- Must be 25 years old to book
- Dog friendly, no cats allowed
- No dogs allowed on the furniture/beds
- Dogs must be house trained. There is an outside kennel available for use at the property
- 3:00pm Check-In/11:00am Check-Out
- Absolutely no open fires or fireworks of any sort allowed on this property.
- This property has a strict maximum occupancy of 6 people; any additional guests must be cleared with the homeowner before a reservation can be made or else you risk fines.
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Eviction and/or possible fines may be imposed to the renter if these policies are violated
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for travelers. Our dedicated Travel Advisor Team is available 7 days a week and our simple online reservation system allows you to book securely with a credit card! Please feel free to call us at 1.877.818.1013.
Owner / Property Manager purchased this house in 1990
Country living on a ranch. I thought we might see vineyards from the home, but just horses
Unfortunately, not good, house has not been maintained, owner has stored own possessions leaving less than adequate storage in closets. Kitchen lacking safe pots and pans to cook with. No paper towels or Kleenex, light bulbs out, and all faucets missing filter screens for normal flow. In discussion with Evolve Vacation Rentals to settle a refund.
Our family is a long time user of VRBO, and we’ve used it to book accommodations all over the world. I say this because we know a good VRBO experience from a bad one, and our time at the Edna Valley house was very bad indeed.
We located the property easily enough, and it is indeed set on a beautiful working ranch. We were excited to begin our stay, but that quickly faded as soon as we entered the property. Here’s what we found:
1. Odor: When we entered the house we were hit with a strong pet smell. The master bedroom, bathroom and bedrooms all have carpet that is clearly past its prime. Stains are plentiful, and the pet urine odor coming from the master bathroom (complete with carpeted toilet area) was so severe we closed the door entirely and could not use that bathroom. Our two girls slept in the bunk bedroom and had to share the top bunk, because the lower bed smelled like an animal had used it for a bathroom.
2. General disrepair: The property is not being well maintained. Missing screens, missing screen doors, spider webs on patio furniture, rusted fire pit, the slats in a louvered bedroom door were missing, towel racks hanging from loose mountings, no blind on the glass door in the master bedroom (hello creepers!), and it goes on.
3. Cleanliness: This was the final straw - the property simply is not clean. Food caked on to the kitchen switches, baseboard with deep dust and dirt, carpet stains, dog hair, window sills filled with dirt and spider webs.
We reached out immediately to the property manager Athena, and emailed pics to the management company Evolve. Although they were sympathetic and responsive, it didn’t change the experience. Even if they had sent in a cleaning service to resolve the cleaning issues, it would still have been done on my time and expense - we should be able to enjoy our vacation, not have to negotiate and allow time for work that should have been done prior to our arrival.
We requested a refund for our unused nights, and received only a partial refund with the explanation that “this property is set on a working ranch, and perhaps we were not a good fit for this type of location.” Being located on a ranch should not preclude the owner from living up to their responsibility to provide a clean, safe, well maintained property.
Overall this was a nice rental home close to several downtowns and various Edna Valley wineries. Well appointed and very pet friendly. Biggest disappointments: no WiFi/internet, outdated & poor quality TV/video entertainment systems (also no written instructions), lack of security (no door keys), and tremendous number of spider webs inside and out. With several small changes this could easily become a 5 star property.
The house is nice and location is good for Pismo area. Though we are not happy with the beds and mattresses. Every tiny single movement creates squeaking noise. I could not sleep well for the 2 nights I stayed because of this. The toilet paper provided should be better quality. Overall I like the spacious house, the back porch but would not come back because of uncomfortable beds.
Our family came up for the 4th of July weekend and had a wonderful time. The house was just as it appears in the pictures online, and totally lived up to or exceeded our expectations. We were so comfortable and relaxed!
Sitting around the fire pit out back was a wonderful way to spend our evenings (s'mores are mandatory!), and the front and back porches were awesome for relaxing and reading during the day. We enjoyed lwatching the horses and learned a little about them from the property manager, Athena, who, though we never me her in person, was awesome and very helpful over the phone with the couple of questions that we had. I would highly recommend this property and can't wait to come back again. The town of Arroyo Grande is so cute and offers a lot of restaurant opportunities as well as shopping and window shopping. We were very close to Pismo Beach as well. Easy to get to; you feel close to "civilization," but also enjoy being out in the "country" when you are at the house. We shopped at a very well-stocked Vons in Grover Beach upon our arrival (just a few minutes away) and ate almost all our meals at the house....and grilled each night. The kitchen is huge and pretty well stocked with basics, making it easy for many to work on preparing meals at the same time. It was all so easy....a great spot for a family vacation! We also discovered a great drive through the Edna Valley and saw many wineries that we will have to visit next time. So much to explore, so close to San Luis Obispo and Pismo; highly, highly recommended!