|Minimum Stay||28 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
- Greeting you with “Aloha” the private, palm lined drive leads you to your own little world of paradise. As you enter along the lava stone path, the view will take your breath away. Enjoy panoramic open ocean views from all main areas of house.
- This prestigious, luxury home is designed to let the ocean environment envelope you while lounging on the enormous lanai and pool deck. Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere of the blue Pacific ocean from the living, dining and kitchen areas as the disappearing walls open up to the pool area and all lanais. Ease into the infinity pool or hot tub for total relaxation. There are stunning views of Mauna Kea, Hawaii’s tallest peak and Mauna Loa as well.
- Whale watching in the winter is spectacular from this home’s vantage point; it is perched on a hill overlooking one of their favorite playgrounds. You will be mesmerized as they breech over and over again while the mother’s teach their calves how to leap and dive. It’s better than a National Geographic documentary!
- The main house features an open-air gourmet kitchen with an ocean view for the chef to enjoy while preparing your meals. Professional Viking appliances, a large walk-in panty and granite counter tops are just the beginning. There is a wine fridge and a convenient Miele built in coffee maker. The kitchen is completely equipped with beautiful dishware and cookware to feed a full house.
- Other features include automated sky lights, bamboo detailing, African mahogany trim, sliding pocket doors, rock walls, travertine floors and so much more. Zone air conditioning will keep you comfortable, should the trade winds stop blowing, but most of the time the ocean breezes and ceiling fans provide the perfect temperature and a tropical feeling.
- Should you need to reach the outside world; the home is equipped with a high-speed, wireless internet connection and a printer, scanner, copier if you MUST bring your work with you.
- The master bedroom in the main house is separate from the other bedrooms and the master suite bath includes a Jacuzzi hot tub. There is a spacious walk in closet and a convertible bed for a small child.
- “The Guest Hale (House)” is on the south side of the “Main Hale”, and it has two bedrooms and two full baths, which have a tub/shower combination. Enjoy the full size living area which is open to a second kitchen and faces sweeping ocean views. This hale also has seating areas on the large lanai..
- There is a beautiful big lawn area to expand the barbecue crowd, or play crochet. With lush tropical landscaping, the kids can romp and play. The smooth-stone, outdoor, shower awaits your sandy feet.
- Come and enjoy and watch the whales play this winter, while you bask in the sun and sophisticated luxury. At night, Mother Earth embraces you with star studded skies and shooting stars! Her colorful sunsets include the famous “green flash.” Capture breathtaking sunset photos every night. In the evening, you may also want to relax in the media room with the 52 inch flat screen and surround sound.
- Always rated in the top ten of American beaches, Hapuna Beach is the premiere beach destination on the Island of Hawaii. Long, wide, and phenomenally sandy, it has everything one dreams of in a Hawaiian beach: abundant sun, surf, clean, clear and quiet snorkeling water, shade, and well-maintained facilities. It is just a few minutes away.
- Other popular activities close by are golf at the nearby world class golf courses. The incomparable Mauna Kea Golf Course offers golfers the perfect challenge to match their level of play. Mauna Kea’s sister course, the Hapuna Golf Course, designed by Arnold Palmer, is ranked as one of the most environmentally sensitive courses in America. Just down Hwy 19 from Hapuna and Mauna Kea, is the 36-hole Mauna Lani Resort.
- Within 5 miles are superior 5 star hotels offering every amenity you can imagine: shopping, spa treatments, hair & nail salons, tennis, racquetball, fine dining and more. Other activities include: charter boats (sailing and fishing), surfing, wind surfing, biking, hiking and some of the best snorkeling and scuba diving in the world.
PEACEFUL, QUIET SETTING. No parties. No weddings. This is a quiet residential neighborhood and the lots are one acre in size, but sound travels. We prefer quiet families or couples looking for a retreat and relaxation.
Extra large infinity pool with sitting ledge and separate hot tub spa
6 bedrooms/5.5 baths total – approximately 5000 sf of living area
Main House 4 bedrooms/3.5 baths
Guest House 2 bedrooms/2 baths
Main House - Large open air gourmet chef’s kitchen with chef’s Viking grill and all Viking appliances in main house; large walk in pantry, built in coffee maker, micro, wine fridge, fully equipped.
Guest House - kitchen with Viking Fridge, micro, toaster oven, coffee maker, blender
- Separate entrances for both Ohana and Main House
- Situated in gated/secure area on over one acre
- Air Conditioning
- Two master bedrooms with king poster beds, two queen bedrooms, one twin bedroom which can be converted to a king, plus….
- Special kids room with two sets of bunk beds; kid friendly with toys
- Jacuzzi hot tub in Main master bath
- Teak furniture throughout
- Dark, rich mahogany wood throughout house
- Koa (native wood) ceilings on the lanai and Ohia (native wood) poles
- Lush, landscaped grounds & Outdoor shower
- Full laundry facilities
- Large, 8 burner outdoor built-in gas grill.
- Entertainment room with 52 inch flat screen and surround sound.
- Desk with printer/scanner/copier
- IPod docks
- Wi-Fi/ Internet/ DVD/ Cable TV.
Keywords: Estate, Villa, Over 1 acre, Elegant, Prestigious, Panoramic Ocean Views, Luxurious
HAWAII TAX I.D. NO. W61364134-01
AlohaDebbie Properties (R), manages this property on behalf of the owners. We are a mother-daughter team (Debbie & Leilani) and we are here to assist you with the perfect Big Island vacation. We are local residents and live within a few minutes of this property, ready to assist you with any requests during your stay. Deborah D. Sharp (R) has been a Hawaii licensed Real Estate Broker since 1985 and agent since 1981.
Debbie purchased this house in 2010
- Having spent many of my years growing up on Oahu and the Big Island, I came to love the natural beauty and contrasts of the Big Island, with beautiful white sand beaches, tropical valley and green rolling ranch lands less than an hour's drive apart. It's the contrast and beauty of the Kohala coast that brought us back.
Fantastic, unobstructed, panoramic views of the pacific ocean.......if not the BEST view on the coast. Whale watching, sunsets and stars at night...........every night, every day of the year. Sit on the lanai, sit in the living room, sit in the infinity pool and see for yourself! - Little rainfall. Most sunshine in all of Hawaii! - Gated, safe community. - Convenient to beaches, 5-10 minute drive to best beaches on the Big Island. - Total privacy. - Our property is really two separate houses next to one another, affording people more space to themselves. - Plenty of parking for large groups. - Six bedrooms and lots of open space.
Like all other reviewers have stated, the pictures do not do this home justice. We just completed an 11 day, 10 night stay at the property. World class ocean view, patio, pool, landscaping, home inside and out, and amenities. Extremely quiet area if you are seeking quiet and privacy. A big thank you / Mahalo to the property owners for being kind enough to share their home with us.
The Aloha Debbie team was outstanding in every way, from start to finish. We highly recommend their services for your stay on the Big Island.
We were a three generation group of 11 ranging in age from 5 to 80. The house worked beautifully for us. Two bedrooms are in a separate building but that didn't seem to matter; we still felt "together". The house is well appointed: great kitchen, plenty of bath towels. Pool very nice, good shallow end for kids.
We found location good for Hapuna Beach and also for side trips. The only point on which I would quibble is the very high departure cleaning charge.
My in-laws and I just returned to the mainland after a week at this beautiful house. The photos here simply do not do it justice! I would recommend it to almost anyone interested (see following) and would love to go back with a group. Please note--if you're looking for a wild party house, this is probably not it. The neighborhood is nice and quiet. If you have lots of small children, the pool poses some danger. If you want to be where all the action is, go for the resorts. True, it is an expensive property to rent, but I can honestly say that it represents a great value for large groups.
The pool has steps to enter and exit and is at least 8 feet deep at one end, and the hot tub will accommodate 6 adults. The kitchen is fully supplied with dinnerware, flatware, and pots and pans. We flowed effortlessly from inside to outside and were able to sleep 14 people comfortably while still staying out of each other's way. All the bedrooms and bathrooms are luxuriously appointed and the decorating (a mix of ancient Hawiian and surfing culture) fits nicely with the location. It was very clean and had nice touches everywhere.
The property is located about 10 minutes north of the Hapuna Beach and Mauna Kea Resorts on the Kohala Coast near the town of Kawaihae. The climate is warm and dry (almost desert-like) with only about 10 inches of precipitation per year. For swimming beaches, I'm not sure any in the country are better than Hapuna. If snorkeling is your thing, I would recommend traveling 90 minutes south to the Captain Cook area. Hiking is about an hour away at Waipio Valley or Pololu Valley. There are a few restaurants in Kawaihae but lots more up the mountain in Waimea. Resort restaurants and shopping areas are very nice, too. Golf is close by at the resorts. If you want to tour the volcano area, plan to spend a full day doing it as the drive is about 2.5 hours each way. The book "Hawaii The Big Island Revealed" by Andrew Doughty is by far the best guide book for the Big Island and has lots more activities detailed in its pages.
And if none of that appeals, you could always lounge around out back, take a dip in the pool, and watch for whales from the hammock.
This was a beautiful home with all the amenities. The pictures can't do it justice. There was simply nothing I would change in this house. We shared the house with another family and it was perfect. My family of 4 stayed in the guest house (plenty of room) the other family stayed in the main house (also a family of 4) and we shared the kitchen/living area in the main home.
We loved the location - the fresh fish market was a mere 2 1/2 miles away and phenomenal. Cafe Pesto is great as is the Shave Ice in the same shopping area. Kohala Dive Shop was wonderfully helpful and sweet, albeit a bit more expensive than we anticipated.
Found this house online and were glad we did. For the price and location, was a real steal. House was clean and well kept. Plenty of quality appliances that were all new. The location was ideal. Quiet, peaceful and a great view of the ocean and all the whales that were in the vicinity. The guest house was perfect for our living situation. We had another family with a small child and they had their own kitchen and living area to use. Would definitely recommend this house for anyone with enough people to justify the size and price.
We just returned from two lovely weeks in paradise. The house was better than pictured. It was breathtaking in every way. Roomie and spacious, it was perfectly oriented to the infinity pool overlooking and seemingly flowing into the blue pacific. The separate two bedroom bungalow was perfect when my family grew to eleven. We tried to do everything possible on the island, and we appreciated North Kohala. The location provided distance from the main tourist areas, yet access to a truly beautiful patr of the island. As advertised, Kohala by the Sea was close to the major resorts. Oh yeah, I can't fail to mention the daily whale sighting, seen clearly with these old eyes from the pool deck. Lastly, thanks to Aloha Debbie for helping my family have a vacation experience we will treasure always.
Fantastic whale watching from November through April! They breech right before your eyes! There is a pod of dolphins that frequents the area, too.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
28 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 10 guests; add $100 per night, per additional guest|
|Property Damage Protection||$79|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.