|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
**New Flooring! Fresh Paint! New Living Room Furniture! New Bedding!**
Royal Shell Vacations offers a carefree atmosphere at this beach view paradise! Spend your tropical island vacation relaxing in this two-bedroom, two-bath fully furnished condominium. Enjoy sitting on your private lanai and having a refreshing drink as you watch the sun dip into Gulf of Mexico.
The Island Beach Club offers a heated swimming pool and miles of white sand beaches for the perfect beach front vacation.
Accommodations: Two-bedrooms, Two-baths (1 Queen, 2 Twins, Sleeper Sofa)
Amenities: Grill, Swimming Pool, Community Wi-Fi, Beach Front, Full-size Kitchen, Washer/Dryer, Screened Lanai.
View: Water View
Minimum Night Requirements: 7 Nights
Our weekly stay was not Saturday to Saturday, thus in our MONTH of attempting to find decent availability on VRBO it appeared that 90% of Sanibel will only rent Sa-Sa - I have no idea why, but amounts to a version of price-fixing. Credit to 320d for not playing the game, but perhaps they also enjoy a higher markup on their non-"standard" offering due to that so I do not want to overpraise. Now on with it....
The renters, Royal Shell, responded quickly and were properly communicative, I would work with them on any property they administer. (The only downside of RS was that one had to use a FAX machine to do business - something I find on the verge of offensive in this age.) Pickup and return of the keys and arrival information was exemplary.
The condo was exactly as shown in the pictures; an excellent beach-front view from large windows greets you every morning. You can aaalmost see the sunrise & set from your living room (the most important part of which is that you know when to dash the 100 steps outside to get the full experience). As you can probably see in the pictures the design is dated, but not to the point of being gauche. The same can be said for Island Beach Club as a whole, dated but acceptable.
The community pool is also as pictured, simple but nice. We found it wonderfully heated - to what felt like 85°. Their community grills and shuffleboards were nicely maintained.
I actually think this posting does a disservice to the unit, failing to mention:
* how fully stocked the kitchen is:
** attached wet bar, coffee grinders, baking pans, wine openers, blender, hand mixer, etc...we found nothing lacking.
* dedicated (instead of community) Wifi
** 6.7Mbps service down (1mbps up), plenty good for hooking up Netflix.
* ~6 beach chairs
* beach umbrella
* shelling nets
* air mattress and extra bedding/pillows
* dedicated under-apartment parking for one vehicle
* They also obviously have the VRBO map location TOTALLY wrong, it is indeed at Island Beach Club on Sanibel, NOT in the middle of the Florida peninsula.
* 40" TV, basic cable, DVD player - though not all hooked up "out of the box" for use.
The only two negatives were:
* The master bedframe seemed to be about to fall apart - we reported it to RS - it may be fixed now.
* Room 220d (right beneath) was doing massive construction during our week long stay, 10 hours a day including weekends. RS attempted to address with condo management, but it wasn't RS's room.