|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
Treat yourself to this modern year round lake house with all the comforts of home -- maybe even more! Just steps from a private Lake Erie beach, we are the second house from the lake, on a quiet road -- closer to the lake than some lakefront homes. Located in North East, PA, we are in the heart of Lake Erie Wine Country and Steelhead Alley. Adults love our decor, furnishings and generously supplied house. Children are delighted here.
We are 18 miles east of downtown Erie in North East, PA. You'll notice a slower pace of life and a small town atmosphere including:
-- miles of Lake Erie coast, wineries, farm stands, vineyards
-- private Woodmere Beach just one house away
-- 11 wineries within 8 miles, open year round
-- quaint town with shops, spas, restaurants, grocery and drug stores just 3 miles
-- the iconic Freeport Restaurant just 1.25 miles
-- world-class fishing: steelhead, bass, walleye, perch, lake trout.
Like us on Facebook - "Clement's Lake Erie Cottages" for latest offers, events and recommendations for things to do. Please check my Facebook page BEFORE you reserve for latest offers and savings suggestions or call me directly at 814-566-4722.
Summer is a popular time for families who come to enjoy Lake Erie beaches and local attractions such as Waldameer Amusement Park & Water World, Presque Isle State Park, Scallywags Pirate Ship, Splash Lagoon Water Park, Peek n Peak Adventure Course and Zip Lines, and the Erie Zoo. See more recommendations at the bottom of this listing.
LADIES! WE LOVE LADIES GETAWAYS!
We are in the heart of Lake Erie Wine Country where wineries are open year round. Bella Day Spa is 3 miles away where you can reserve the party room and bring food and beverages for your ladies to meet up between spa appointments. Ask me about private wine glass painting classes (in-home), spa treatments (in-home) and for other ideas for your weekend.
WORLD CLASS FISHING
Fishermen and guided fishing tours are welcomed. Fishing here is fantastic nearly all year. Late fall and winter fishing for steelhead is world class and we are right between 16 Mile Creek (1.25 miles) & 20 Mile Creeks (1.75 miles), but also close enough to Walnut Creek (27 miles) and Elk Creek (34 miles) -- you can drive to where the fish are hitting. Bring your boat and launch from the North East Marina, 1.4 miles. My brothers are part of a competitive fishing team here. Ask me for Lake Erie fishing charter recommendations or guide recommendations for stream fishing.
Larger groups please see our other listing #336468. We have two vacation rentals on the same street -- just 3 homes apart. Rent BOTH homes to accommodate larger groups. Wonderful lodging for wedding guests. If my calendars are booked for the dates you need, ask me for other recommendations. I am happy to help.
THE LAKE HOUSE
Main Floor: living area, kitchen, eating area, 3 bedrooms (Q, F, 2T) and bathroom with shower/tub unit. We also provide a Queen air mattress with electric blower for inflation.
The fully equipped kitchen includes stainless appliances, large Thermador refrigerator/freezer with ice maker, microwave, Keurig and carafe coffee makers, dishwasher, garbage disposal, blender, mixer, crockpot, cookware, dishes, utensils.
Second Floor Loft: Living area equipped with 42" plasma TV, Blue-ray Disc player, cable channels, comfy sectional sofa, board games and toys. We have lake views from the loft.
- completely renovated home
- professionally decorated
- central air conditioning - a must for hot summer nights
- central heat - warm and cozy in the winter; fully insulated home- not drafty like older cottages. Feel free to set the thermostat to your comfort level.
- ample city water (no well water or low supply)
- public sewer (no septic issues)
- full size washer and dryer are provided in the garage. Washer is 'winterized' from November through April, and cannot be used during those months.
- concrete driveway parking can accommodate up to 4 cars or a boat -- or a game of pick-up basketball - hoop provided in driveway
The home uniquely sits on 2 lots with large grassy areas for playing yard games. Kids love the tree swing. The backyard is private... only the yard and the creek about 15 feet down. We provide a metal fire pit in the backyard or you can enjoy a small camp fire at the beach. Driftwood from the beach is plentiful for a beach fire or the fire pit (no need to bring your own wood).
NEIGHBORHOOD & BEACH
- very private, quiet, dead end road with only 12 homes
- no thru traffic
- very peaceful
- easy beach access
- family environment; not a party neighborhood
- loud parties not welcome here
- private beach for residents/guests only
- we are 1 house away from the beach entrance - closer to beach and easier access than some lakefront homes = great value!
-- our road runs nearly perpendicular to beach
-- easy walkable beach access (no bluff/cliff/staircase)
- easy access to the beach is unique for the area and important to consider for taking beach chairs, coolers and small watercraft to the beach
- natural Lake Erie shoreline with stones, sand, driftwood (please see photos here and on my other listing #336468). Beach shoes recommended.
Walk on the shore, look for beach glass and roast marshmallows at the beach as you take in beautiful sunsets. We head to the beach in the evenings with a cup of wine to view the sunset, a different show each evening. Some nights are cloudy with subtle color and some nights are brilliantly colorful. The kids happily play at the shoreline, in the creek, in the lake and warm-up to the campfire as they make s'mores. Treasures abound year round -- beach glass, beach stones, driftwood, and other ordinary objects weathered to 'treasure-status' by water and time. Kids find their imaginations here.
Launch your kayak or sailboard right from the beach, or your jet ski or larger boat from the Marina, 1.4 miles east. We launch our fishing boat from the North East Marina and then anchor it in front of our beach during the day so we can come and go. The marina also has short term space for boats parking or slips.
Bring your bikes. Kids can bike up and down our quiet street. Mature bicyclists can be more adventurous and take advantage of longer bike rides. Cycling tours and maps available at "Lake Country Bike" in North East.
TOWN of NORTH EAST
Town of North East is 3 miles. Erie (State Street/Dobbin's Landing area) is 18 miles. Our quaint Victorian town of North East offers locally-owned businesses such as Boston Bean Cafe coffee shop, Grape Country Marketplace (local products & artisans), Bella Day Spa (massages!), The Cork 1794 restaurant and bar, Sander's Jubilee Grocery, CVS drug store & more. During the summer and fall buy freshly picked produce at one the many roadside farm stands. Mini-golf, trail rides and pony rides nearby.
- Wineries - 0.5 miles+ (open year round!)
- North East Marina - 1.4 miles (launch, slips, bait,fish licenses)
- 16 Mile Creek - 1.5 mi (world class steelhead fishing)
- 20 Mile Creek - 2 mi (world class steelhead fishing)
- Lakeside Golf Course - 3 mi
- North East Lanes (bowling) - 4 mi
- Hot Dog Hut & Putt - 4 mi (Mini Golf, glow golf, concessions)
- Green Meadows Golf Course - 6 mi
- Double DAB Scenic Trail Rides - 10 mi (Horses)
- Grape Discovery Center - Westfield, NY, 13 mi (wine tasting, gift shop, exhibits, educational, events)
- Peek 'n Peak Golf, Ski, Moutain Adventures (zip lines+) - 16 mi
- Sailboat Charter - 18 mi (ask me for contact info)
- Tallship Niagara & Maritime Museum - 18 miles (day sails)
- Dobbin's Landing (Erie's Public Dock) - 18 mi
- Scallywags Pirate Ship - 18 Mi (Dobbin's Landing) Pirate themed cruises for adults only and for children.
- Victorian Princess Cruise - 18 Mi (at Dobbin's Landing)
- Harbor View Mini Golf - 18 Mi (at Dobbin's Landing)
- Edward John Perch Fishing Charter - 18 mi (Dobbin's Landing)
- Bicentennial Tower - 18 mi (at Dobbin's Landing)
- Presque Isle Downs & Casino, Erie - 19 mi
- Crossroads Farm & Craft Market-Westfield NY - 19 mi
- Erie Zoo & Botanical Gardens - 20 mi
- Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park, Erie - 22 mi
- Waldameer Amusement & Water Park, Erie - 22 mi - new wave pool
- Tom Ridge Environmental Ctr, Erie - 22 mi (great for a rainy day)
- Presque Isle State Park - 23 mi (LOVE THIS)
- Millcreek Mall - 23 mi - no sales tax here on clothing
- Chautauqua Institution, NY - 27 mi
- Grove City Outlet Mall, PA - 90 miles
- Niagara Falls, NY - 99 miles
COLLEGES VISITS - PARENT VISITS - COLLEGE GRADUATIONS
- Mercyhurst University, North East - 3 miles
- Penn State Behrend, Erie - 15 miles
- Gannon University - 17 miles
- Mercyhurst University, Erie - 19 miles
- LECOM - 24 miles (Medical & Pharmacy Schools)
When you call, you will speak to me -- Lynne Clement 814-566-4722. I am the founder/owner. I am always happy to answer your questions and make recommendations or referrals.
I'm Lynne Clement, a work-from-home soccer/dance/baseball mom. I love managing our rental properties and being a marketing consultant and property manager for other vacation rental owners. I am originally from Erie, PA, a graduate of both Penn State Main and Xavier University (Cincinnati). I worked at Procter & Gamble for 10 years and lived all over the country for 20 years. When our kids became school-aged, we moved back to Erie where they could have a place to call home and have close relationships with extended family.
Lynne Clement purchased this house in 2005
As a child, my favorite memories were of visiting this special beach community. My dad's best friend owned this little slice of heaven where kids could be kids enjoying nature, and adults were always in a good mood as they relaxed, recharged and enjoyed good company in a peaceful place. The tug of good memories was so strong that eventually my parents bought the house next door AND years later, my husband and I bought the other next door home so that we could provide happy traditions and memories for our kids! I have been coming to this place for 40+ years!
I wanted my kids to grow up enjoying the same memories I had... swimming at the beach, combing the shore for beach glass, outdoor bbqs, gathering driftwood for bonfires and s'mores, catching minnows and crayfish in the creek behind our house, walking barefoot on a dirt roads to the beach, skipping stones, floating on rafts, painting beach stones and building teepees from fallen tree branches. As an adult, I appreciate getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and entertaining friends or family and their kids just like I remember from those days as a child. Creating memories... it's what we help you do!
We loved it. The house is very clean, updated and cozy. The walk to the private beach is only a minute or two. The couch and chair are so comfy we were fighting over them.
My family had a great time and we will be back
This home is great, had everything we needed and very clean. Close to the beach and close to many wineries. Lynne was very easy to deal with. Will definitely be back! Thanks Lynne!
Very comfortable cottage. Everything you need for a relaxing vacation. Loved the backyard and the close proximity to the lake. Lynne personally made sure we had everything we needed. Also, she was VERY accommodating in changing our reservation on short notice.
Truly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back.
Cort & Cleo
We stayed with young children and found this house to be very well stocked, clean, and family friendly. We've stayed in this neighborhood before and even though this is not on the lake, it's a short walk to the beach. We were very impressed by the house. We would definitely stay here again.
The "Beachy House" was a perfect spot for our family. We visited, walked the beach, skipped many rocks, collected and painted rocks and thoroughly enjoyed the backyard. The lake water was warm and perfect for enjoying family swims. They did some canoeing as well. The short walk to the beach from the house made it very convenient. We had nightly fires in the fire pit and made plenty of s'mores after our walk to the beach to watch the beautiful sunsets. The house had plenty of room for us all and our 17 year old grandson "owned" the loft. Our 6 year old grandson did not want to go home!! We did a wine tour in the area which was a lot of fun. I even got a great massage in town....wonderful. Looking forward to another stay next year. The house was well stocked and met all our needs. Lynne responded to us quickly when we had a small problem. Thanks Lynne!
We enjoyed our 6 night stay at this home. It was well stocked with plenty of towels and bedding, was clean and nicely updated. The private beach was rocky and the kids enjoyed playing in the end of the creek. We visited Waldameer, Erie Zoo, Presque Isle, the shops in North East and many local wineries. We really liked the area.
North East is Erie, PA's Wine Country. It is a small, Great Lakes town with beaches, vineyards, farms, and a quaint downtown shopping and dining area. Winery tasting and tours are offered year round. Summers feature festivals and weekly free concerts in the vineyards, and recreation on Lake Erie. Fall is an exciting time to visit starting with the ripening of the grapes and the incredible aroma that wafts through our area and followed by wine and harvest festivals.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jan 1 2017 - Apr 30 2017
2 night minimum stay
May 1-June 15
May 1 2017 - Jun 15 2017
2 night minimum stay
Summer High Season
Jun 16 2017 - Aug 31 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
|Exit Cleaning||$75 + Tax|
Summer rentals arrive on Saturday at 4pm and depart on Saturday at 10am.
My homes are very clean and neat. This is not a party house.
We provide bed linens, towels, WIFI, central air/heat, cable tv, gas grill, dishwasher.
Max 8 guests. NO Parties. Must be 25+ years of age to rent. Proof of age will be asked for when reserving.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover payments - no added convenience fee is charged.