|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Treat yourself to this modern year round lake house with all the comforts of home -- maybe even more! Just steps from a private Lake Erie beach, we are the second house from the lake, on a quiet road -- closer to the lake than some lakefront homes. Located in North East, PA, we are in the heart of Lake Erie Wine Country and Steelhead Alley. Adults love our decor, furnishings and generously supplied house. Children are delighted here.
We are 18 miles east of downtown Erie in North East, PA. You'll notice a slower pace of life and a small town atmosphere including:
-- miles of Lake Erie coast, wineries, farm stands, vineyards
-- private Woodmere Beach just one house away
-- 11 wineries within 8 miles, open year round
-- quaint town with shops, spas, restaurants, grocery and drug stores just 3 miles
-- the iconic Freeport Restaurant just 1.25 miles
-- world-class fishing: steelhead, bass, walleye, perch, lake trout.
Like us on Facebook - "Clement's Lake Erie Cottages" for latest offers, events and recommendations for things to do. Please check my Facebook page BEFORE you reserve for latest offers and savings suggestions or call me directly at 814-566-4722.
Summer is a popular time for families who come to enjoy Lake Erie beaches and local attractions such as Waldameer Amusement Park & Water World, Presque Isle State Park, Scallywags Pirate Ship, Splash Lagoon Water Park, Peek n Peak Adventure Course and Zip Lines, and the Erie Zoo. See more recommendations at the bottom of this listing.
LADIES! WE LOVE LADIES GETAWAYS!
We are in the heart of Lake Erie Wine Country where wineries are open year round. Bella Day Spa is 3 miles away where you can reserve the party room and bring food and beverages for your ladies to meet up between spa appointments. Ask me about private wine glass painting classes (in-home), spa treatments (in-home) and for other ideas for your weekend.
WORLD CLASS FISHING
Fishermen and guided fishing tours are welcomed. Fishing here is fantastic nearly all year. Late fall and winter fishing for steelhead is world class and we are right between 16 Mile Creek (1.25 miles) & 20 Mile Creeks (1.75 miles), but also close enough to Walnut Creek (27 miles) and Elk Creek (34 miles) -- you can drive to where the fish are hitting. Bring your boat and launch from the North East Marina, 1.4 miles. My brothers are part of a competitive fishing team here. Ask me for Lake Erie fishing charter recommendations or guide recommendations for stream fishing.
Larger groups please see our other listing #336468. We have two vacation rentals on the same street -- just 3 homes apart. Rent BOTH homes to accommodate larger groups. Wonderful lodging for wedding guests. If my calendars are booked for the dates you need, ask me for other recommendations. I am happy to help.
THE LAKE HOUSE
Main Floor: living area, kitchen, eating area, 3 bedrooms (Q, F, 2T) and bathroom with shower/tub unit. We also provide a Queen air mattress with electric blower for inflation.
The fully equipped kitchen includes stainless appliances, large Thermador refrigerator/freezer with ice maker, microwave, Keurig and carafe coffee makers, dishwasher, garbage disposal, blender, mixer, crockpot, cookware, dishes, utensils.
Second Floor Loft: Living area equipped with 42" plasma TV, Blue-ray Disc player, cable channels, comfy sectional sofa, board games and toys. We have lake views from the loft.
- completely renovated home
- professionally decorated
- central air conditioning - a must for hot summer nights
- central heat - warm and cozy in the winter; fully insulated home- not drafty like older cottages. Feel free to set the thermostat to your comfort level.
- ample city water (no well water or low supply)
- public sewer (no septic issues)
- washer and dryer are provided in the garage. Washer is 'winterized' from November through April, and cannot be used during those months.
- detached 1.5-car garage with full size washer and dryer and pool table
- concrete driveway parking can accommodate up to 4 cars or a boat -- or a game of pick-up basketball - hoop provided in driveway
The home uniquely sits on 2 lots with large grassy areas for playing yard games. Kids love the tree swing. The backyard is private... only the yard and the creek about 15 feet down. We provide a metal fire pit in the backyard or you can enjoy a small camp fire at the beach. Driftwood from the beach is plentiful for a beach fire or the fire pit (no need to bring your own wood).
NEIGHBORHOOD & BEACH
- very private, quiet, dead end road with only 12 homes
- no thru traffic
- very peaceful
- easy beach access
- family environment; not a party neighborhood
- loud parties not welcome here
- private beach for residents/guests only
- we are 1 house away from the beach entrance - closer to beach and easier access than some lakefront homes = great value!
-- our road runs nearly perpendicular to beach
-- easy walkable beach access (no bluff/cliff/staircase)
- easy access to the beach is unique for the area and important to consider for taking beach chairs, coolers and small watercraft to the beach
- natural Lake Erie shoreline with stones, sand, driftwood (please see photos here and on my other listing #336468). Beach shoes recommended.
Walk on the shore, look for beach glass and roast marshmallows at the beach as you take in beautiful sunsets. We head to the beach in the evenings with a cup of wine to view the sunset, a different show each evening. Some nights are cloudy with subtle color and some nights are brilliantly colorful. The kids happily play at the shoreline, in the creek, in the lake and warm-up to the campfire as they make s'mores. Treasures abound year round -- beach glass, beach stones, driftwood, and other ordinary objects weathered to 'treasure-status' by water and time. Kids find their imaginations here.
Launch your kayak or sailboard right from the beach, or your jet ski or larger boat from the Marina, 1.4 miles east. We launch our fishing boat from the North East Marina and then anchor it in front of our beach during the day so we can come and go. The marina also has short term space for boats parking or slips.
Bring your bikes. Kids can bike up and down our quiet street. Mature bicyclists can be more adventurous and take advantage of longer bike rides. Cycling tours and maps available at "Lake Country Bike" in North East.
TOWN of NORTH EAST
Town of North East is 3 miles. Erie (State Street/Dobbin's Landing area) is 18 miles. Our quaint Victorian town of North East offers locally-owned businesses such as Boston Bean Cafe coffee shop, Grape Country Marketplace (local products & artisans), Bella Day Spa (massages!), The Cork 1794 restaurant and bar, Sander's Jubilee Grocery, CVS drug store & more. During the summer and fall buy freshly picked produce at one the many roadside farm stands. Mini-golf, trail rides and pony rides nearby.
- Wineries - 0.5 miles+ (open year round!)
- North East Marina - 1.4 miles (launch, slips, bait,fish licenses)
- 16 Mile Creek - 1.5 mi (world class steelhead fishing)
- 20 Mile Creek - 2 mi (world class steelhead fishing)
- Lakeside Golf Course - 3 mi
- North East Lanes (bowling) - 4 mi
- Hot Dog Hut & Putt - 4 mi (Mini Golf, glow golf, concessions)
- Green Meadows Golf Course - 6 mi
- Double DAB Scenic Trail Rides - 10 mi (Horses)
- Grape Discovery Center - Westfield, NY, 13 mi (wine tasting, gift shop, exhibits, educational, events)
- Peek 'n Peak Golf, Ski, Moutain Adventures (zip lines+) - 16 mi
- Sailboat Charter - 18 mi (ask me for contact info)
- Tallship Niagara & Maritime Museum - 18 miles (day sails)
- Dobbin's Landing (Erie's Public Dock) - 18 mi
- Scallywags Pirate Ship - 18 Mi (Dobbin's Landing) Pirate themed cruises for adults only and for children.
- Victorian Princess Cruise - 18 Mi (at Dobbin's Landing)
- Harbor View Mini Golf - 18 Mi (at Dobbin's Landing)
- Edward John Perch Fishing Charter - 18 mi (Dobbin's Landing)
- Bicentennial Tower - 18 mi (at Dobbin's Landing)
- Presque Isle Downs & Casino, Erie - 19 mi
- Crossroads Farm & Craft Market-Westfield NY - 19 mi
- Erie Zoo & Botanical Gardens - 20 mi
- Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park, Erie - 22 mi
- Waldameer Amusement & Water Park, Erie - 22 mi - new wave pool
- Tom Ridge Environmental Ctr, Erie - 22 mi (great for a rainy day)
- Presque Isle State Park - 23 mi (LOVE THIS)
- Millcreek Mall - 23 mi - no sales tax here on clothing
- Chautauqua Institution, NY - 27 mi
- Grove City Outlet Mall, PA - 90 miles
- Niagara Falls, NY - 99 miles
COLLEGES VISITS - PARENT VISITS - COLLEGE GRADUATIONS
- Mercyhurst University, North East - 3 miles
- Penn State Behrend, Erie - 15 miles
- Gannon University - 17 miles
- Mercyhurst University, Erie - 19 miles
- LECOM - 24 miles (Medical & Pharmacy Schools)
When you call, you will speak to me -- Lynne Clement 814-566-4722. I am the founder/owner. I am always happy to answer your questions and make recommendations or referrals.
I'm Lynne Clement, a work-from-home soccer/dance/baseball mom. I love managing our rental properties and being a marketing consultant and property manager for other vacation rental owners. I am originally from Erie, PA, a graduate of both Penn State Main and Xavier University (Cincinnati). I worked at Procter & Gamble for 10 years and lived all over the country for 20 years. When our kids became school-aged, we moved back to Erie where they could have a place to call home and have close relationships with extended family.
Lynne Clement purchased this house in 2005
As a child, my favorite memories were of visiting this special beach community. My dad's best friend owned this little slice of heaven where kids could be kids enjoying nature, and adults were always in a good mood as they relaxed, recharged and enjoyed good company in a peaceful place. The tug of good memories was so strong that eventually my parents bought the house next door AND years later, my husband and I bought the other next door home so that we could provide happy traditions and memories for our kids! I have been coming to this place for 40+ years!
I wanted my kids to grow up enjoying the same memories I had... swimming at the beach, combing the shore for beach glass, outdoor bbqs, gathering driftwood for bonfires and s'mores, catching minnows and crayfish in the creek behind our house, walking barefoot on a dirt roads to the beach, skipping stones, floating on rafts, painting beach stones and building teepees from fallen tree branches. As an adult, I appreciate getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and entertaining friends or family and their kids just like I remember from those days as a child. Creating memories... it's what we help you do!
The Bohn family had a great time! The weather was perfect and the water was warm for our new activity.... Paddleboarding! Very relaxing time for all!
This small "cottage" has everything you could possibly need to have a relaxing time at the lake. The kitchen is well stocked. Plenty of towels, linens, blankets, etc. When we arrived most of the trash was full. Lynne was very responsive as they had just changed trash companies. She even volunteered to come pick some of the trash up! The house easily accommodated all of our friends and family for a graduation dinner. The fire pit was ready for use and there are plenty of chairs provided. The lake and beach are just steps away. The neighborhood is quiet and friendly. Lynne went out of her way to provide us with extra parking if we needed plus explained what was part of the association grounds. She does a great job providing information for the area and is also there to help if you have any questions. The home has been updated and is just lovely. We hope to be back in the future.
Had a wonderful girls weekend. This home is absolutely adorable. Close to the beach and close to many wineries. Lynne was very easy to deal with and shared a lot of information. Now planning on becoming a yearly getaway!
Had a wonderful girls weekend away in this lovely home! Home was very nicely decorated and cozy! We took advantage of having a painting class on Friday evening and had a great time! Would recommend this home to anyone wanting a quaint quiet cozy stay! Also take advantage of the wineries so close to home. So much information given to us by the owner. We could not ask for more!
My girlfriends and I just spent a long weekend there and had a wonderful time! The cottage is cute and cozy, yet spacious enough. It's very clean and beautifully decorated and had everything you could ask for. Love being down by the lake listening to the waves crash.
My husband and I along with our son & his fiancée and young son just spent four days at this wonderful little beach retreat on Lake Erie. Everyone had a wonderful time, and we're all looking forward to a repeat visit (hopefully for a little longer stay) next summer. Staying in this cottage was like traveling back in time to the peaceful yet fun-filled Lake Erie vacations of my youth. The beach is absolutely perfect for a young boy who thrills in jumping puddles, splashing waves, & skipping rocks. The entire North East area is just as pristine as the beach area with miles of grape vines & wineries. Lynne's little cottage is just as perfect as described, with so much attention given to comfort and convenience. The memories will last a life-time :) Thanks, Lynne !
North East is Erie, PA's Wine Country. It is a small, Great Lakes town with beaches, vineyards, farms, and a quaint downtown shopping and dining area. Winery tasting and tours are offered year round. Summers feature festivals and weekly free concerts in the vineyards, and recreation on Lake Erie. Fall is an exciting time to visit starting with the ripening of the grapes and the incredible aroma that wafts through our area and followed by wine and harvest festivals.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Aug 19 2016 - Aug 21 2016
2 night minimum stay
End of Summer
Aug 24 2016 - Sep 21 2016
3 night minimum stay
Wine Fest 2016
Sep 22 2016 - Sep 25 2016
3 night minimum stay
Sep 26 2016 - Oct 17 2016
2 night minimum stay
Ladies Getaway Season
Oct 18 2016 - Dec 31 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
|Exit Cleaning||$75 + Tax|
Summer rentals arrive on Saturday at 4pm and depart on Saturday at 10am.
My homes are very clean and neat. This is not a party house.
We provide bed linens, towels, WIFI, central air/heat, cable tv, gas grill, dishwasher.
Max 8 guests. NO Parties. Must be 25+ years of age to rent. Proof of age will be asked for when reserving.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover payments - no added convenience fee is charged.