About the property
- Cottage1800 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 nights
3 bedrooms each with a full bath, 3 minute walk to the beach, sleeps 8.
Looking for your perfect beach getaway? The Green Gull Cottage is your perfect place. Enjoy your stay in a beautifully decorated, three bedroom, three and a half bath 1800 sq foot beachside cottage located a short 3 minute walk to the beach. The upper level has a fully equipped kitchen (coffee maker, blender, waffle maker etc), dining room with seating for 8 + 2 bar stools. The living area with large balcony has views of the gulf, bay and lagoon and is equipped with a 50'' TV and surround sound DVD. Every room has TV service, WiFi, and landline telephone service. The kitchen also has a second bar area with sink and beverage refrigerator. Three bedrooms, each with a private bath, are located on the lower level. Master has king bed, balcony and desk. Second bedroom has a queen bed and balcony. Third bedroom has a full size bed and twin bunk beds. A washer and dryer are at your disposal. All towels (with the exception of large beach towels), bath soap, kitchen/dishwasher detergent, etc are supplied. So just bring yourselves and get ready to have a wonderful vacation.
The lower deck has a charcoal BBQ and a storage space with all your beach amenities: chairs, kid’s toys, floats etc. Have a boat or camper? No problem. Unrestricted parking is available just across the street. Rental includes access to the Pointe West Beach Club (www.pointewestbeachclub.com) with a spa, pool, children's pool/play area, fitness center and game room. The Green Gull Cottage is your perfect family getaway. Absolutely no smoking allowed: Pets are not allowed: Stairs have a child safety gate. High chair and playpen available and set up upon request.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 18, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Beach house and owner is great. Review of area included also.
Things to note:
1. Property is great. Plenty of space and each bedroom has its own bathroom plus a toilet room in living area on top floor. Gated stairs of little ones. Great soaking tub in master bath. House was clean. BBQ, sand toys and beach chairs available for use. Balconies are great, beautiful sunset views. No mosquitos at our stay. If you have trouble with stairs this isn't the place for you.
2. Owner was quick to reply and easy to work with.
3. The area itself is peaceful. A few minute walk to beach HOWEVER if you are freaked out over just the thought of rattlesnakes then beware. There are boardwalks that are constructed in a ridiculous way. They start with a small fence warning of rattlesnake habitats, the stairs and boardwalk lead you up and over the "snake area" then stop short and dump you off in the middle of the dunes. My husband is the only one that walked it and said if it gave him the creeps he was sure I wouldn't do it so we drove a mile or so to a beach access road and enjoyed the beach that way. Why the boardwalks don't extend is beyond me. The staff at the beach club did indicate it is in the plans to do so.
4. We enjoyed poolside at both beach club and sunset pool. The staff were terrific and friendly and very helpful. They let us look around the property before committing to purchasing a pass ($10/each for whole stay). We opted for a pass even though the pools were not heated. Beach club side was more crowded and the hot tub stayed FULL of little kids the entire time we were there. Bay side pool was more peaceful and we found time before lunch when the hot tub was empty and only a few people were lounging. Very nice and quiet other than the music going on the speakers (wish there was an option to turn nearby speaker off). Hot tub at that location was better, jets were working. Lazy river part was small but the boys still enjoyed the cold water. I'm sure in summer it's much warmer. Why a large development such as Pointe West only built two moderately sized pools is a head scratcher. They should have twice that many/size for as many residents they have.
5. Overall we loved the trip. I got some much needed R&R, away from Seawall Blvd crazies. No hesitations on booking with Alan again. I think for a summer visit we'll likely opt for Diamond Beach again - larger pool areas. I may avoid the area anyway until I see them extend the boardwalks which should be a no brainer. Buts that's just me. I am terrified of snakes. :)
Spring Break 2018
Love the house and location. Will come back and recommend to our friends.
Great house. Perfect deck.
My husband likes this house so much, he wishes it was for sale!
Very comfortable. Perfect deck. Not too hot in morning for long, lazy breakfasts and enjoying evening sunsets.
The only comment would be to picky cooks to bring your own frying pan or 2. Beds and bathrooms are comfortable. We LOVE the top floor living area for the amazing views and sunlight. We would definitely stay here again.
We live in Houston and wanted to do a quick weekend getaway with the family. This place was perfect. Great neighborhood, very clean, and very spacious. We had a great time and would definitely stay here again.
Very nice home
The home was very nice and the owner communicated effectively.
Nice clean solid property with all the amenties of home.
This rental was very nice and clean. The owner Alan always answered questions quickly and diligently. It was a pleasure to use his rental. He always keep me in the loop of things that were going on. I would definitely use this place again as it provided us with a very great getaway.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
The Beach Club has WAIVED all fees until further notice. Please honor our check-in (after 3:00 PM) and check-out (noon) times.