|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
This is a beautiful oceanfront town home with a great location on the beachside of Puamana. Top of the line appliances including a refrigerator and esko washer/dryer compliment the quality Koa wood finishes and ocean blue tiled floors. After a busy day on the beach kick back, relax, and enjoy the 32" TV and your favorite Hawaiian tunes with this homes quality surround sound stereo system. The two-story floor plan offers two expansive ocean views for Whale watching, checking the surf or enjoying one of Maui's magical sunsets. Make your plans today and enjoy this sunny seaside home of your dreams in Maui's oceanfront tropical paradise, Puamana.
The beach at Puamana is seasonal.
Amenities: Fully equipped kitchen, blender, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, iron/ironing board, (2) T.V., (1) VCR, Stereo, CD, DVD, free local phone service, answering machine, ceiling fans throughout the home, central air conditioning, Washer/Dryer, bed linens, towels, and BBQ grill. Security system is disabled, Wifi internet.
Bedding: 1 Queen, 2 Twins, Queen Sofa Bed
Parking/Registration: $10/day + tax (16 day maximum) second car $10/day + tax.
This is the 3rd time we've stayed in Puamana in 3 years and the 1st time in 272-6. We absolutely love that area. 272-6 is perfect for a couple or a couple with small kids. Here's a synopsis:
- great view (as all the ocean front units have) of Lanai
- great access to the water (20ft) for surfing/paddling
- has all the amenities you would expect (albeit, see the cons)
- easy reservations and access to check in/out
- Central AC blows ice cold
- master bedroom on second floor with ocean views and a balcony
- the living room faces the water
- you can hear the waves breaking and see the ocean while laying in the master bed
- back porch area has great table and 1 sun chair.
- walking distance to downtown Lahaina
- we really like the location when you want to travel to the east side. You don't have to deal with the kanapali traffic from Lahaina to Kappalua.
- the unit was clean
- Toaster : only 2 of the 4 slots work, sometimes
- garbage disposal button was stuck and didn't work
- master bed was comfortable, but sounded like it was going to break when you got in and out of it and wakes your mate
- window in master bedroom doesn't have a curtain or blind, had to duct tape a towel over it
- hot water takes forever in guest shower upstairs (didn't use master shower, too small)
- Although the AC works great, the master bedroom was always hot. You would freeze in the hallway and sweat in the bed
- both upstairs sinks dripped the entire time
- corner bead in the bathrooms were rusted and coming through drywall
- Unit is the last one on the south end of the property and the park butts up to it. We knew this going in and what to expect. Loud music and loud people exceeded our expectations and was more annoying then we anticipated. Top that off with 5am jungle drums from the annual marathon and we were done with noise.
- the couch only seats 2, or 3 tight. It's material is hard and uncomfortable. We kept it covered with blankets the entire time. There really isn't anywhere in the house to relax comfortably.
- the only table to eat at is the one out back or you can use the coffee table (not comfortable). The bar eating area faces the kitchen and is awkward
For what we paid for the unit I expected some concessions, but not as many as we had.
But that said, it's Maui. A little TLC and the unit (except the noise) would be 5 stars.
Not sure if the last review was about the same property. This home has a top of the line custom kitchen, quality tropical furnishings, remodel with vaulted ceiling and oceanfront deck off the master bedroom. It is located next to the Puamana beach park which is actually a great location if you like water sports as its great for surfing and easy to launch paddle boards. Although the highway is behind the property this home is sound proofed with central AC and the lanai is 25 feet from the water thus once inside you only hear the sound of the surf. The price is a great starter rate for an oceanfront property of this quality. The beach park next door is closed and locked at night so there aren't any concerns. The property is professionally treated for pests every quarter. We have had dozens of great reviews for this property and several guest return every year. Check for specials to help re-establish this properties name after the below terrible review of a wonderful property.
This unit was very dated and tired. The unit was not clean and cock roaches were an issue. They did come and spray immediately for bugs but after that we were looking over our shoulders. Road noise was very loud and unit is next to the Gov't park which had homeless people living in their cars. The unit had a beautiful ocean view but hard to see through the dirty windows. The grill they speak of is charcoal briquettes! which I recall my father use to swear at to get going.....the tradition continued. The grounds are very well kept. My suggestion, find a unit that's been renovated and your stay will be much more enjoyable. The air conditioning worked very well for what that's worth.