TOP TEN REASONS TO STAY AT FIREFLY COTTAGE
1. Our charming cottage sits 100 feet from the shore of Hobbs Pond in a quiet, private setting under beautiful trees. It sleeps four very comfortably in two bedrooms with pine floors, one with a queen bed and the other with two twin beds. Full bathroom with shower/tub. Well equipped kitchen. Attractively decorated with braided rugs and comfortable furnishings. WiFi, flat screen TV with DVD player, board games, DVDs, books, deck with gas grill and picnic table, kid friendly. Hammock to take a nap in. Quality bed linens are provided on the beds. The seaside town of Camden is just a 10 minute drive away. Rentals run Saturday to Saturday in July and August. Two night minimum stay in June, Sept and October. Firefly Cottage is the BEST value on Hobbs Pond and especially in the surrounding area.
2. A peaceful, pristine, spring fed lake is right at your door step! Offering great swimming and fishing plus two kayaks, a dock and a swim float. Our lake side deck is a great place to sit and enjoy the sound of the loons or the pretty views of our coastal mountains. A small firepit to roast marshmallows sits next to the deck. Steps lead down into the lake for easy access.
3. We may be a small town but our area is resplendent with cultural attractions. Museums, art galleries, music festivals, Lobster Festival, film festival, wineries, antique stores and shows/music/movies at the Camden Opera House and Strand Theater are just a fraction of the things to do here.
4. The Great Outdoors: This is where the mountains meet the sea and we have many hiking trails for all abilities that allow you to see it all. Follow the trails in Camden Hills State Park, Coastal Mountain Land Trust and Georges River Land Trust. You can also rent bikes to cruise our local back roads.
5. Our area is a Foodies Paradise. Camden, Rockport and Rockland are home to many fine, great restaurants of all kinds. Cooking classes are also offered locally. Hope has it's own pub (Hatchet Mountain Public House) where the locals unwind with a mug a beer. Many restaurants have outdoor seating in the summer, some with tables right on Camden Harbor.
6. Speaking of Camden Harbor, our harbor hosts a hub of activities including sailing, kayaking, paddleboarding and sightseeing. Take a two hour cruise on an historical schooner such as the Appledore or Olad. We delight in the vast array of tall masted ships that sail through our waters.
7. Lobster! Maine's iconic food can be enjoyed in so many ways. From lobster roll shacks to gourmet preparations, you'll find plenty of ways to scratch your lobster itch at our local restaurants. The Maine Lobster Festival is held in early August. Firefly Cottage is also equipped with a lobster pot so that you can cook your own.
8. Gateway to Downeast: We are centrally located on Maine's midcoast making us an ideal launching point for explorations to Acadia National Park, Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, lighthouses, beaches, Fort Knox (bring your flashlights) and many other fun places to explore.
9. The People: Our area's rare beauty is paralleled by its sense of place. Perhaps it's due to our cold Maine winters when we all look after each other, but the people who call our area home are some of the most friendly, ruggedly refined folks you will ever meet. You will be welcomed with open arms.
10. Firefly Cottage is THE best value on Hobbs Pond and especially in our surrounding area. We want you to have an affordable vacation while still experiencing an attractive, comfortable and clean place to stay while you are visiting. The cottage is close enough to the owners' home (2 miles) that we can be of assistance to our guests if needed, while still offering you privacy. We truly live in an authentically quaint and charming community. We take pride in our community and it's surroundings and hope that is reflected in everything we do. Unplug, unwind and enjoy your family and friends in a place you will want to return to again and again.
FIREFLY COTTAGE IS A SMOKE FREE HOME. NO PETS, PLEASE. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY IS 4 GUESTS. ALL BED LINENS ARE PROVIDED. WE ASK THAT YOU BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS.