|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Our 2016 updated lakefront home on Lake Michigan offers a private, all sand, shallow beach along with the following:
- 2500 sf 2-story home with 1.5 kitchens, 2 family rooms, 4 bedrooms and 2 baths PLUS a detached rustic cabin with a king bed and 3rd bathroom.
- The property is surrounded by trees yet so close to the beach you will be lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves.
SECOND LEVEL - 1 king bedroom with a twin pullout in sunroom
- Enjoy gathering in the spacious, new great room with sitting area with 2 leather sofas facing a 55" flat screen tv, dining area and a kitchen, all with views of the lake. The kitchen within the great room has 2 granite islands with stools and new ss appliances. The dining table for 8 is adjacent to sliders to the deck.
- 1 King bedroom is on the 2nd level adjacent to the full bath with a shower/tub.
- The sun room with a panoramic view of the lake is right off of the great room and has a twin pullout.
FIRST LEVEL - 5 beds
- This floor has a more modern feel because it was built out new in 2005. It has 3 bedrooms, a full bath with laundry facilities, a mini-kitchen with sink, refrigerator and microwave and a family room facing the lake. There is also an alcove with a trundle bed and additional sleeping in a queen pullout facing another 55" tv..
NOTE: Inside access between the 2 floors is a circular staircase.
VERY RUSTIC CABIN: 5th BEDROOM/3RD BATH: Original1940's pine cottage located next to the main home is a step up from sleeping outside. It consists of a sleeping room with a king bed, a separate bath (shower stall) and is perfect for family member's who want added privacy WITHOUT FRILLS. (can be musty smelling)
Telephone for free local and long distance in the US. Basic cable TV and 2 55" flat screen tv's. Charcoal Grill.
This is a 'green house'. Recycling encouraged.
The property is about 6 miles north of the city of Manistee and 7 miles South of Onekama.
Golf at Arcadia National which in only about 10 miles north of us.
No smoking, please. Pet welcome for an additional fee. Please inquire.
We love Lake Michigan! We love the sounds, the smells, the views and most especially the calm, peaceful feeling of being up north.
This home is most loved by anyone who loves a cabin-ey feeling, shades of vacations from long ago. The recent updates make it comfortable and are appreciated. The lawn area between the house and the beach is also enjoyed for games and relaxing. The small frog pond is a great attraction for the little ones.
Summer renters: Thanks to all for a successful second season. The weather was lovely and the lake was warm and we're happy to have contributed to your family memories.We value each and everyone of our guests and our only goal is to offer you a comfortable place to spend special time with family and friends.
Had a wonderful time at Sunset Shores. Evenings on the beach around a campfire were magical. The property was clean; photos and description accurate; Eileen a pleasure to work with! Spent time in Manistee, a charming town, and also took day trips to Traverse City and Sleeping Bear Dunes. Had a marvelous Michigan experience!
This Lake Michigan cottage provided the perfect get-a-way for our party of six. It offered just the right amount of bedrooms and each was charming and inviting. The accomodations and location absolutely met our expectations. The cottage was very clean and fully equipped, including a washer and dryer and we loved having wifi. We liked the location because we could get to Onekama or Manistee easily or the casino...... Of course, what makes this rental place special is that you are just a few steps away from the sandy beach and Lake Michigan sunsets. The martini deck is a nice addition for the older folks in our party, as well as for reading and morning coffee. Eileen was a pleasure to work with ~ very accomodating and prompt in her responses and with our deposit refund.
The pictures of this property do not do it justice! The beach is beyond anything we have ever seen before! Miles of pure white sand and water is perfect! You can walk out in the water on pure soft sand for what seems like forever - no rocks or seaweed!! The deck overlooking the beach and lake sat 10 people comfortably every night for the sunset!
The house is just perfect as well! So many rooms for guests and so much sitting area - tons of beds and furniture! The views from the house out to the lake are stunning! 2 kitchens, 2 family rooms, plus a sun room on the second floor with amazing views!
The property is very close to the cute downtown - lots of cute shops and restaurants - very close to grocery stores as well!
This property is very well maintained and the house was extremely clean upon our arrival! Eileen is great - really enjoyed working with her!! We will for sure be back every year!
Could not have been happier with our stay. Remote & quiet location just steps from the beach. The sunset deck directly on the beach was a highlight. Great experience with the owner. This was our 2nd stay at the location and can't wait for the 3rd.
This is a great location for 12+ guests of all ages. The low bluff to Lake MI made neighboring renters jealous. Great lake and sunset views from the main rooms, nice (small) yard area for lawn games, and of course a wonderful sandy beach (no rocks or seawalls to deal with). Close proximity to hiking trails, golf courses (try The Heathlands in Onekama!), grocery stores, towns of Manistee and Onekama made for the perfect location. The home is not the newest on the beach, but clean, clean, clean. Owner was available via phone to answer any questions. Everything worked, and beds were clean and comfortable. Would definitely return again and recommend to family and friends.
We just came home from a great time in Manistee at Hidden Shores. The home was very large and very, very clean. Its location on Lake Michigan was beautiful and the weather cooperated with four straight days of sun and water like glass. Eileen is great to work with and open to options. Check it out.
Golf: 15 minutes away from Arcadia Bluffs Golf Club....rated the #2 course in all of Michigan!
Other courses nearby:
Manistee National Golf and Resort
Manistee Golf and Country Club
Fox Hills Golf Course
Fawn Crest Golf Course
Bear Lake County Highlands Golf Course
Chestnut Hills Golf Course
Ski: Near Caberfae Mountain and about 45 minutes from Crystal Mountain.
|Dog per night rate||$50|
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
|*Cleaning per stay||$200|
- $175 Cleaning fee per stay
- Linens and towels are optional and not included in the above pricing. Pillows and blankets always provided.
- One week rentals only from mid June through August.
- Dogs welcome at this home only after speaking with you! $50/night/dog plus proof of flea/tick protection
NOTE: We ALWAYS speak to guests before booking. We don't accept wire transfers. Beware of scammers who do.