|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Address: 7 Gardner St
This charming house in the historic town district, built in 1880, has been newly restored by the architect/owners with a painstaking degree of care and detail that preserves the feeling of the original house. It is a home with open airy living, lots of sunlight, high ceilings and a refined beach luxury interior.
Situated in a residential neighborhood by the monument on Main Street, a 5 minute walk to downtown, and centrally located for a 5 to 10 minute drive to all beaches it is ideally located for families and couples.
The island itself is easily reached by car and one hour ferry ride or by air from regional airports several times daily.
Downstairs the house includes an eat in kitchen with separate laundry and pantry, and a full bath for the first floor guest bedroom and convertible family room . The entry hall, living room, family room and dining room complete the downstairs. Upstairs there is the master bedroom , 2 bedrooms each with 2 twin beds, media room with 2 twin beds, ample closet space and a full bath on the second floor. The house has a wonderful feeling of openness, comfort and livability. With (state of the art) central air conditioning, heating and humidity control, wi-fi internet and cable.
The rear yard is large, private and perfect for entertaining and for children to play in with an outdoor shower, hammock, outdoor dining and seating areas. Off street parking for at least 4 cars.
The interior furnishings are refined beach luxury including antiques and furnishings from a local store and design business, Belongings, give this house a special aesthetic that captures so many unique qualities of Nantucket Island.
Keywords: Historic House, in Town, 2011 Architect Renovation, Great Yard
We are architects and love beautifully styled homes. We have conducted business, vacationed and owned homes in Nantucket for years.
Eric purchased this house in 2010
Nantucket Island, with miles of empty beaches, 80% of all land held in conservancy, and an architecturally preserved building stock and townscape, is one of the most naturally beautiful, historical, and sought after resort destinations in America.
This was a very charming historic house in a perfect location 5 minutes walk into town. I think there is space in this home for at most 8-10 people, and it is nice that the house has 2 bathrooms and a nice backyard for the kids to play in.
- location was perfect, back yard is large, kitchen is nicely appointed. wonderful round table in diningroom perfect for any group up to 8-10 people. Photos are very accurate.
- Bedrooms are cute, and most have nice cotton sheets. Double single bed rooms ideal for children.
- bikes in basement for both the kids and adults
- internet service was very much appreciated by our family.
- if you rent during the winter, there is a heating system (though we did not test it out) which was nice to see.
- floors are white, so any dirt that is brought into the house shows immediately and we had a few rainy days, and 3 kids, so that tended to be a problem. Owners want you not to wear shoes in the house so bring your own house shoes...
- the house is nicely appointed, but there seems to be a lot of stuff everywhere and no place to put or charge say an iPad.
- Closets are also full so there is little/no space to put/hang your own stuff so if you stay a whole week that might be a problem (we only stayed a long weekend so it wasn't as big of a deal).
- sheets have to be washed before you leave the house. (that was probably the biggest hassle, luckily 3 of us took a later boat and it rained the day we left, so we had time to do this, but if you use most of the beds that means you have to schedule in at least 3 loads of wash and dry)
- chairs and couches are relatively short, this might not be so ideal for older guests, we brought my mom and uncle (in their 80's) it wasn't easy for them to get out of them once they sat down.
I would most likely rent again. For our group, it worked out very well. Again, it's a very charming house.
This house provided the perfect Nantucket experience. Everything about it -- the space, the decor, the piano, the yard -- was wonderfully appointed and suited our group of 10 nicely. With five bedrooms, you can comfortably fit friends and family, and the close proximity to town makes exploring a breeze. Additions like bikes, a hammock and an electric grill round out the experience to create something truly memorable.
Amazing Valentines weekend!! The house was absolutely beautiful!! It is a five minute walk to town along the harbor. The beds are extremely comfortable, the bathrooms perfect. Every amenity you would need for a weekend getaway. When we weren't wandering through town, we were sitting by the fire enjoying a selection of books to browse through. I have been in plenty of homes in the past seven years in Nantucket, and this was our favorite. Cant wait to go back!
My wife and i invited my son, his wife and their 2 yr. old and had three blissful days in this perfect cottage last September. The house is not only beautifully furnished but also modern and comfortable. Great beds, great kitchen, wonderful modern and large bathroom , lovely garden and all in wonderful condition. It is so close to town one can walk everywhere, including restaurants and shopping. We were delight, and would recommend it highly to anyone.
Windswept beaches, sand dunes, blinking lighthouses and a charming pace of life await on this 50-square mile island. The world's former top whaling port is now designated a National Historic District. Leave the car and take the shuttle or bike around. Seaside cottages, old whaling captains' mansions and historic harbors contain quaint inns, boutique stores, chowder shacks and upscale dining delights. Swim, surf or load up the tackle for Nantucket's excellent striper, bluefish and bonito fishing.
Nantucket has car and moped rental services, bike rentals, taxis, and public transportation. Coming to the island without a car is much easier with all of these options. Downtown Nantucket is pedestrian friendly, and it can be faster to get around on foot due to the congestion in the summer. The island has an extensive network of bike paths which make traveling by bike quite efficient. Walking and biking are also a great way to experience the many historic sites and natural beauty on Nantucket.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
July 2017- Sep
Jul 1 2017 - Sep 1 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add $100 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
phone (212 996-3099 weekdays) for full rate quote for your stay. We would be happy to help.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.