|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
ENJOY SPECTACULAR VIEWS and the magical West Shore of Lake Tahoe
---OWNERS SINCE 1977---
Relax on the white sand beach of MEEKS BAY BEACH AND RESORT:
safe swimming in the crystal clear waters of blue, blue Tahoe
ENJOY THE FALL IN LAKE TAHOE
A quiet, beautiful time in the high sierras, hike, bike ride, enjoy the lake!
**see below on how to read all of our excellent reviews**
EL DORADO CO. PERMIT #1505
Get away from the crowds and enjoy the amazing cobalt blue lake and the special spectacular west shore. The West Shore is the best shore.
Come and relax at our 4 bedroom two bath home with gorgeous views of Lake Tahoe. Our house is your house, perfect for your family and friends to spend time together! We have an open kitchen and living room area with two large decks overlooking the lake. The layout makes for a great place to relax with your whole family. (We are NOT a party house if you are looking for a big bash place) We have soft, quiet wall-to-wall carpeting throughout the home; comfortable beds (new king and queen beds!) all with down comforters and soft cotton sheets.
COZY UP WITH OUR NEW GAS FIREPLACE!
Located in a quiet residential neighborhood (where some residents live year-round) near entrance to Meeks Bay Beach and resort. In the warm seasons, walk to the best white sand beach on the lake and in winter ski/snowboard at nearby resorts. Very close to paved bicycle/walking/jogging trail that goes all the way to Tahoe City. Near Sugar Pine Point state park and the entrance to Desolation wilderness trail. In winter enjoy amazing snowy views and nearby ski and sledding areas.
We always wish we could stay longer. This is truly a home you can settle into. We sure have...our father built the cabin in 1977 and it has been in our family ever since. We rent only to help us with maintenance and upkeep costs. We love our family cabin.
Enjoy the high sierras in a place that will feel like your home.
Once here, you can gaze upon spectacular Lake Tahoe and the surrounding mountains without getting in your car by just sitting on the decks or relaxing in the kitchen/living room area. A true escape!
Fall and winter: a beautiful time of year to stay on the west shore.
Are you wondering about how to find our reviews???
OUR GUESTBOOK REVIEWS here in this website are copied verbatim directly from our guestbook at the cabin. The HomeAway website recently changed procedures and does not post an owner's submitted guestbook reviews in the "reviews" or "review count" section anymore. :(
We have over 20 ALL-EXCELLENT REVIEWS for years through this year 2016 in our cabin guestbook. They are all handwritten by our valued guests.
HOW TO READ THEM: Scroll down on this main HomeAway page about our home go to the little box that says "Monica"
--> click on "about Monica", that is where HomeAway has put all of our guestbook reviews posted for you to read.
HERE IS OUR RENTAL CONTRACT
WHEN BOOKING YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING RENTAL CONTRACT:
MEEKS BAY CABIN
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. PST AND CHECK OUT IS 11 AM. PST.
2. This is a NON SMOKING cabin. The NON SMOKING prohibition includes anywhere on the real property (High Fire Danger).
3. Pets are not permitted.
4. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult over 25 yrs of age or guardian/parent.
5. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $500 is required.
However----your reservation is not held until receipt of $500 deposit. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is not applied toward rent.
$140 is required cleaning fee.
The balance is refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to cabin or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All keys are returned.
d. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
e. No linens are lost or damaged.
f. No Early check-in or late check out.
6. PAYMENT An advance payment equal to 100% of the rental rate is required 60 days before arrival. The advance payment will be applied toward the room rent.
for nightly rentals less than a one month stay – There is no cancellation permitted 60 days or less prior to your stay. If 60 days or less prior to stay, there is no refund. SEE HOMEAWAY SITE FOR DETAILS
8. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS – Monthly renters must cancel one hundred twenty (120)
days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least
ninety (90) days prior to check-in.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests per cabin is limited to EIGHT (8) persons, INCLUDING INFANTS/CHILDREN
THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY.
10. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than two days, the guest will be charged the two-night rate.
11. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
12. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included. We suggest you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the
13. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
14. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
15. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
16. Parking – Parking is limited to four (4) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only.
Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
17. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. The county roads are well maintained, however we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during
the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
18. Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
The Owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
19. Cleaning: you are to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure the dishes are done and put away, and the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted and sanitized etc.
If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $50 per hour.
20. Winter snow removal: is done from time to time for general maintenance of driveway access and is NOT done daily. If the renter requests additional snow removal from the local contact it is $60 per service and is taken out of your deposit after your stay. Please inform owners.
21. We do not offer refunds or reductions in rent due to unexpected minor household repair issues that do not affect renter's ability to occupy/use the house. Minor fix-its can come up (rare). We fix as soon as we possibly can in all cases, sometimes this may take time. (We are solo homeowners and not a hotel chain with 24/7 services!)
22. Wireless is available at the cabin however due to the local Tahoe basin wireless provider and weather conditions, it cannot be guaranteed. Occasional outages do occur. In the event of an outage, there is wireless available at nearby Meeks Resort and Westside Pizza. More substantial wireless is available at Sunnyside lodge near Tahoe City.
-----> PLEASE NOTE: Wireless is satellite provided and is often very slow. Wireless is supplied only for use of emails and basic internet activity. Basics do work adequately (unless there is a weather related outage or other satellite interference).
We want you to know before you book that our housing region doesn't have any fast, powerful wireless provider available that enables you to do important work i.e. web conferences/meetings etc.
No streaming of movies etc. This will cause excessive data usage, at a high cost, which will be deducted from the renter's security deposit. Again, staying connected via your email accounts is usually fine (provided there is no weather disruption).
23. We reserve the right to enter the cabin, or have authorized repair person enter, for any necessary vital repair issues if ever needed during your stay.
23. You will receive your cabin instructions/information a few
Our cabin has been in the family for years! My dad, Bill, bought the lot, which sits up on a hillside near beautiful Meeks Bay, in the mid-seventies after spending about 30 years vacationing every summer on the west shore of lake Tahoe. He completed the cabin construction in 1977 and it has been in the family ever since.
Staying at the cabin will feel like home because it is a home. We want you to feel like it is your place to go to for relaxation and enjoyment of the spectacular Tahoe region.
We all try to go as much possible to enjoy all the seasons on the magical west shore. We rent out the cabin to help with the ownership costs. I work in higher education and my husband is semi-retired. We raised two boys lucky enough to have many great childhood times at the cabin thanks to Grandpa Bill. They are both in their twenties and grown up now! Our house is your house!
Monica purchased this house in 1977
if you want the feel of a real home, and not a hotel, cookie cutter condo, or a cold, sleek rental-only house, this IS the place for you. The neighborhood is quiet and peaceful. If you are looking for a non-party, no-late-night-noise area, you have found it. Top that off with the spectacular lake view that is everywhere, a great walk down to the white sand beach at Meeks Bay, and you have your ideal vacation.
You will love the view, which is inescapable from almost every room.
The majestic mountains are right there also, with Rubicon Peak looming up right outside off in the distance. Watch the weather changes over the entire lake from our cozy couch, or sitting on our decks. Walk from our neighborhood over to the paved trail that runs from our area all the way to Tahoe City!! Great for walks or bike rides.
Meeks Bay beach is one of the most beautiful white sand beaches in Tahoe. It is minutes from the cabin. Too busy hiking to go to beach today? In the late afternoon, enjoy a quick dip, your happy hour, and/or just quiet time down on the beach. (beach chairs provided) It is most beautiful early morning/late afternoon. Just you and the wild Canadian geese!
Thank you so much!!! WE had such a great time at your house. We really enjoyed the view!! It was very beautiful when the moon shown over the water. We went to the fire sign cafe one morning for breakfast. It was so good one afternoon we went down to Meeks bay and rented a paddle board. That was lots of fun. It was fun when all three of us girls went on together… Not so fun when we tipped over!!!We went on many beautiful hikes to bliss, eagles fall, and Vikings. There was a rainbow over the water. While it rained we drove to Tahoe city and walked to get ice cream!! It was fun!!! Thanks again!!!
We spent a week at Meeks Bay and loved it. The house is beautiful with a stunning view over the Lake, and just a short walk to the beach. The home is very well appointed, and has everything needed for a relaxing stay.
We've been coming to Meeks Bay for over four decades. We've rented numerous cabins in both summer and winter, and this one was the best! The location is absolutely perfect. The best beach in Lake Tahoe is walkable in under five minutes. There is plenty of parking, and the owners provide linens. Speaking of owners: They were a delight to work with and speak with while booking the home. The cabin has a master on the main which was great for my 80 year old parents. Although the cabin is not overly fancy, it was very functional with a genuine Tahoe feel. The views from the deck for both morning coffee and evening cocktails were a gift every day. Thank you, Monica and John for a wonderful time! We'll be back.
Sincerely, Clare and Mike: Los Gatos, CA
This rental was perfect for our family vacation. The view was amazing and I loved how the kitchen opened up to the living room. The deck overlooking the lake was big and wrapped around the back of the house. A quiet beach was a short walk away and there is great hiking near by. Thanks Monica for all the quick responses to all my questions.
Our Tahoe style family cabin is located close to the lake up on the hillside above Emerald Bay Road. The neighborhood is relatively small and quiet. During peak times of day in summer you can hear some road noise from below. Inside the house is very quiet and comfortable. The area surrounding the cabin is forested and beautiful. We look out over all of Lake Tahoe and Meeks Bay Beach and Resort, which has paddle boats, kayaks, power boats, swimming, snack bar and more. You can walk down our pathway right next to the house that leads you to the best white sand beach in Tahoe at Meeks Bay. In the summer months you will probably spend your entire day down at Meeks!! Walk down with your early morning coffee and a chair! The best place in the world to 'wake up' !
It is especially wonderful sitting on the beach right at the water's edge in the late afternoon early evening for your own 'happy hour' snacks and beverages.
There is a volleyball net up at Meeks all summer that is a great attraction for kids and adults also.
Nearby is an excellent paved bicycle/walking path that runs all the way to Tahoe City. Skiing is nearby too at Homewood resort. We are two miles from Tahoma, a little lake village with a small grocery and restaurant. Less than a mile is the start of the Desolation Trail which leads you into a spectacular wilderness area for walks and hikes.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Late Fall season
Oct 16 2016 - Dec 15 2016
2 night minimum stay
WINTER HOLIDAY Season
Dec 16 2016 - Jan 2 2017
5 night minimum stay
SUMMER 2017 BOOKING NOW
Jun 9 2017 - Aug 18 2017
Changeover Day: Friday
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
|CLEANING FEE||$140 + Tax|