Cottage, 2 Bedroom 1 Bath, (Sleeps 4)
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
A beautiful, quiet hideaway.
Booking and communication was easy, detailed instructions, directions, and useful tips were provided. The pictures posted are very accurate visuals. The relaxing sounds of the surf and breeze without distracting resort/city noises were delightful. We felt very much at home there and it helped makee our 20th anniversary a delightful adventure! We highly recommend this!
Wonderful little cottage
The property was exactly as described. Very cute, clean, and perfectly located on beach front. Had a little trouble getting in contact with the manager for a few days, but once I did the issue was resolved right away.
"A piece of heaven"
The Secret Cove Cottage is a beautiful and very cozy place to relax! The beach is just a few steps away and "isolated", it feels like your own piece of heaven, just hearing the waves and watching the sun rise and sun set every day!
The cottage size is perfect for a couple. We are Seniors so we did not need the loft, which would be good for 1- 2 children..
The "ladder" to the loft is frightening to us seniors as the rungs are attached to the wall, narrow and going straight up.
As an older couple who love peace and quiet ...and the .beauty of the ocean, we LOVED the cottage and would certainly return and recommend this beautiful property to family and friends..
Highs & Lows; but Overall Good
A wonderful place. And we would definitely come back. But not without issues.
First, the BAD:
1) On our first day, the lock did not work on the cottage's only door. It took less than 24 hours for property manager to arrange repair, but we were "trapped" into staying in the cottage with all of our belongings until the work was completed. Could not lock the door from inside or outside. One day of vacation time....lost.
2) In addition, no overhead lights were working in the main room of the cottage. Sounds romantic, but not nearly enough light to prepare & eat a meal, or pack up for an outing. This took two days to replace some light bulbs and replace a broken floor lamp.
3) Finally, the location of this cottage may be "secluded", but it was far from "private". First of all, the unit does not have a ocean view; only the lawn adjacent to the unit has an ocean view. There is a full size house immediately in front of the cottage, between it and the ocean.
And, one of the neighboring homes walks thru the same lawn whenever they feel like it. But more significant was the fact that EVERY SINGLE DAY of our rental week..there was someone doing some sort of work at/on/around the cottage, usually at 8:00 am... Security system techs, lawn service workers, palm tree trimmers, bush cutters with chain saws, yard clean-up crew, cottage maintenance staff, neighbors, etc. We enjoyed the location, but just be aware that it is NOT private. More like Grand Central Station..... and without any warning. Nor was there any effort to schedule around paying guests.
Now the GOOD:
1) Beautiful little cottage. Great, out of the way, location. The opposite of staying at a resort. Loved it.
2) Quiet, small, beautiful beach. Always some people/families there. Lovely east-facing sunrises. Monk seals. Turtles. Local fishermen.
3) Both the remote-owner, and the local property manager, were attentive to our "issues", and did their best to resolve the worst of the issues quickly. Very communicative.
4). Air conditioning, cable TV, and Wi-Fi, all worked well. Excellent bed. House was clean and pretty upon arrival. Lots of good quality beach equipment available for use.
Despite all the negatives of our experience, we would gladly return to this lovely place.... having more realistic expectations.
I would like to comment on each of the "BAD" complaints: 1) Our head of household said the cottage's door was working fine when she left shortly before his arrival. Problems like this can come up suddenly and unexpectedly. I do not understand why he listed this as BAD" when he acknowledges we immediately attended to it. He arrived at 4 pm. The very next morning it was repaired by a locksmith by 10 am. 2) As soon as he told us the ceiling light bulbs were out, we again jumped on it. The cottage's beautiful high vaulted ceiling took a special ladder to obtain in order to reach the ceiling light fixture. Once he made us aware of the floor lamp that not working, it was immediately replaced with an even nicer one that was carefully purchased to be of quality. This is a tropical island that sometimes it takes a bit of time to obtain exactly what is needed. He claims there was "not enough light to prepare and eat a meal, or pack-up for an outing. .Here he seems to exaggerate the lack of lighting. There was a kitchen light over the sink that provided plenty of light to prepare meals or for an outing. He also had an option to use our outdoor BBQ grill with very ample flood light lighting to prepare a meal late at night if desired. Furthermore, there is a ceiling light in the master bedroom that also spills light into the living room. Unfortunately light bulbs can go out and a light fixture can go on the blink without warning. 3) This paragraph also contains misleading statements. (a)There is a lovely ocean view from the cottage's front lanai's comfortable seating and from the loft's large picture window facing the ocean. (b) The house he claims is between the cottage and the ocean is not a part of our property and is mostly hidden by landscaping. The large expanse of our beautifully manicured coconut lined 1/2 acre lawn enjoys one of the most breathtaking, close-up views of the ocean anywhere. (c) He did not mention about the trespasser to us or we would have put a stop to it. This is an exclusive private estate and new trespassing signs are soon to be installed. (d) Regarding the daily workers: Guest requested cottage maintenance staff.presence. Coconut tree trimming occurs only every 6 month..The trespassing neighbor will be investigated.. Security due to internet trouble in area. Routine weekly lawn maintenance, etc can not always be scheduled around the guest's itinerary or it doesn't get done causing a complaint by the next guest. Hotels much the same.
Wonderful cottage with access to great beach. Good location for all of north shore.
Loved our stay!