|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
This is it… the perfect home for your vacation on Bald Head Island!
The home is nestled along the edge of the protected Maritime Forest and is only a few minutes away from 14 miles of pristine white sand beaches. Our Key to Searenity home has received stellar reviews from VRBO guests due to its convenient location, tasteful décor, modern amenities, as well as technology rarely seen in rental homes.
Over the years, the owners of Key to Searenity have shown a remarkable commitment to their guests. Therefore, Key to Searenity has become a magical place for many to call their vacation home every year.
The home is a cul-de-sac corner residence located in Keepers Landing, just a few minutes away from East Beach, Shoals Club and the Maritime Market. This provides a perfect setting for families, friends or couples looking for a romantic getaway.
All guests are offered the option to purchase temporary memberships to the Shoals Club and/or the BHI Country Club.
The home: guests will enjoy the following amenities:
• Two floors of living space totaling over 1600 SF
• Hardwood floors on the main level
• Two carpeted upstairs bedrooms with premium linens
• Spacious master suite with queen size Heavenly® mattress, adjoining walk-in closet and dual vanity bathroom w/shower
• Guest bedroom offers two twin beds and an adjacent full bath
• Main floor provides a convenient half bath
• Upscale Tommy Bahama and Pottery Barn furnishings throughout the home accented with beach themed décor
• Kid friendly – Pack-n-play, crib, high chair and baby gate are available for guest use
The kitchen: Remodeled in 2013 with granite countertops and a stylish backsplash.
• Three seats accompany the granite breakfast bar
• Glass-top dinette provides comfortable seating for four
• All Clad stainless steel cookware
• High end small appliances including toaster oven, blender, drip and K-cup coffee makers, waffle iron, electric griddle, mixer, kettle and more
• Plates, silverware, cook utensils, glassware and bar set
• Front load washer and dryer adjacent to the kitchen
The technology: Updated technology in the fall of 2014 now included in your stay:
• Unlimited long distance calls to USA and Canada
• High speed WIFI throughout home
• LCD TV in the living room and each bedroom in the main house
• WIFI-enabled digital frame, displaying all you need to know about BHI: menus, store business hours, ferry schedule and check-in/check-out reminders timed perfectly throughout your stay
• Bluetooth®-enabled speaker located in the living room for connectivity to your mobile device or tablet
• Apple TV® connected to the living room TV allowing guests to access their Netflix, Hulu and other entertainment accounts
The outdoor living space:
• Welcoming front porch with two comfortable rocking chairs
• Fully furnished screened porch with seating for six
• Large secluded deck with built-in bench seating
• Dining table with new retractable umbrella
• Gas grill
• Outdoor shower with hot and cold water
In the garage:
• Two four-passenger golf carts
• Two adult bicycles
• Child and youth bikes
The fun: Don’t bother packing it – it’s here for you already!
• Classic and contemporary games for adults and kids
• Sand toys
• Beach chairs
• Fishing poles
• Boogie boards
Saturday to Saturday rental during peak seasons. Sorry, no pets.
During the peak summer season, the tram reservations fill up before the season begins. It is CRITICAL that you book and confirm your ferry and tram reservations for your checkin and checkout days as soon as you book your stay.
Call (910) 457-5003 and provide the home address when making the reservations: 12 Surfboat Court in Keepers Landing
Just for good measure, this is one of those parts of a vacation that it is in your best interest to be 'over-prepared'. Confirm your pick up reservation prior to arrival and departure days to make sure everything is in order.
Key to Searenity
Checkin Time: 4:00 PM day of arrival
Checkout Time: 10:00 AM day of departure
Visit us on Facebook!
Keywords: Keepers Landing Home, Cape Fear Station, BHI Shoals Club, BHI Country Club, Golf
In the spring of 2000, we searched the Internet for a great place to spend a weekend. What we discovered was Bald Head Island, our getaway destination for love, laughter and fun with our family and friends. We then found ourselves dreaming of living on this magical island someday.
In 2014, we came to BHI determined to make our dream a reality. Days of touring the island finally brought us to what is now our home... Our “Key to Searenity.” It is located in Keepers Landing, a small collection of homes that allows residents (homeowners and guests alike) to enjoy both the “community feel” as well as close proximity to all the great locations on BHI.
Blackbeard and Bonnet (yes… we named our two golf carts) transport us to the beaches, Shoals Club, BHI Country Club and other great island destinations within minutes.
We hope you choose our home to spend time making memories with your family and friends. We won’t be surprised if you fall in love with BHI too, and someday become our neighbor!
Allen and Carol Auchenpaugh
Allen and Carol Auchenpaugh purchased this house in 2014
Lovely home! We would rent again!
Beautiful home on magical Bald Head Island. We stayed for a week for our first visit and couldn't be happier. We will definitely return!
Our family of 4 had the best vacation ever at Key to Searenity!! The beach house felt more like 'home away from home' than your typical beach house. The decor was very up to date, and the owners truly thought of everything. There were kid toys, boogie boards, fishing rods, kid plates/cups, and more. Anything you could think of that you might need, was there for you. We especially loved the location. Close to Shoal's club (which we were at daily) and a beautiful fishing dock just a few houses down. The kitchen was a nice size for cooking in, and even hosting friends we had over that were also staying on the island. We will most definitely be booking again for next summer. The owners were also responsive and very helpful through the booking process. Thank you Allen and Carol for a wonderful family vacation!!
We have been going to Bald Head Island for 12 years now. This house by far was the nicest and most well appointed home we have ever rented. All the little extras were really noticed and appreciated. We loved having 2 carts, 2 decks, and all comfortable places to unwind.
This property was perfect for my family of four. We had a lovely time. The night noises are especially nice if you enjoy hanging out on the porch after dark. We must have seen or heard 20 deer on this trip! I highly recommend!
The home is gorgeous and luxurious; a lot of effort was put into little details like having kids paraphernalia tucked away in the second bedroom, multiple sizes of bikes, comfy mattresses, and good coffee. The island was nearly deserted when we were there and it was perfect. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back!
Bald Head Island Conservancy Has an Educational Museum and Summer Programs Available! Bald Head Island Sailing Club Offers Sailing Lessons! Kids Programs Offered at Shoals Club! Outdoor Activities Galor or Just Rest Beachside or Poolside!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Peak Summer III 2016
Aug 13 2016 - Sep 2 2016
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
Early Fall 2016
Sep 3 2016 - Sep 23 2016
4 night minimum stay
Sep 24 2016 - Jan 6 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$79|